Preview Round 22, 2021: Hawthorn v Bulldogs, Saturday 14th at 1.45pm @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll get beaten easily in this one, Dogs will be desperate after the shock loss to the Dons and simply have far to much class and bat far deep in midfield for us.

Given 3 players were ‘managed’ this week, I would expect them to come straight back into the side. Therefore: In; Reeves, Brockman, DGB. Out; Ceglar, Hanrahan, Worpel.
Cant drop Cegs after that performance.
And in all fairness, he'll come up against their vfl ruckman this week, as Bruce is gone and English will go fwd.

I just hope playing Ceglar over Reeves is to get something better in a trade. Otherwise, regardless of a good game on the weekend, I just don't get it or like it.

Oli over Brockman was well, again, I can only assume to see if he will make it. I truly don't see how this kid is on an AFL list but personally, he jumps at shadows, fumbles, barely tackles, turns it over and looks lazy most of the time... Happy to be wrong.

I get the feeling we aren't looking to bring Newcombe back this year, and will get a big pre-season into him to build his tank for 2022. Maybe concerns of an injury with a lower fitness base? Maybe Oli should get those midfield minutes (a proper last chance) and Brockman can play a full game.

I won't lie, Hartigan is just a tough watch for me, and I'm struggling to see a matchup for him with Bruce out this weekend. Frost will have to go with Naughton, it's a great opportunity to see if O'Brien can play on a tall like English and I would absolutely love to see Grainger-Barras come in and play on Ugle-Hagan.

It would be a good surprise if Downie was given the last two games also.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally don't think there is any chance this will be played in Tas. the muppet from NSW arriving with Covid last week has seen to that.

This is the test we need to see where we are at.

Par is to lose by a goal a quarter. If we can beat par in 3 of 4 quarters that will be good for me and sets us up nicely to have a real crack at Richmond.

Looking at our list we almost have too much depth in our backline - trade period will be interesting.

This is the test we need to see where we are at.

Par is to lose by a goal a quarter. If we can beat par in 3 of 4 quarters that will be good for me and sets us up nicely to have a real crack at Richmond.

Looking at our list we almost have too much depth in our backline - trade period will be interesting.

I'll pretty much just be watching the midfield in stoppages to see if they fall into old habits (superhero play instead of team work) when under pressure from a machine. The did quite well against Melbourne so I have hopes that our mids have found a rhythm.

Also, I'll be really interested in defensive play. We've managed to control the pace of the game pretty well the last few weeks. The Dogs will put that to the test big time. I'm interested to see how well it holds up and how well the boys adjust when it doesn't hold up.

I just hope playing Ceglar over Reeves is to get something better in a trade. Otherwise, regardless of a good game on the weekend, I just don't get it or like it.

Oli over Brockman was well, again, I can only assume to see if he will make it. I truly don't see how this kid is on an AFL list but personally, he jumps at shadows, fumbles, barely tackles, turns it over and looks lazy most of the time... Happy to be wrong.

I get the feeling we aren't looking to bring Newcombe back this year, and will get a big pre-season into him to build his tank for 2022. Maybe concerns of an injury with a lower fitness base? Maybe Oli should get those midfield minutes (a proper last chance) and Brockman can play a full game.

I won't lie, Hartigan is just a tough watch for me, and I'm struggling to see a matchup for him with Bruce out this weekend. Frost will have to go with Naughton, it's a great opportunity to see if O'Brien can play on a tall like English and I would absolutely love to see Grainger-Barras come in and play on Ugle-Hagan.

It would be a good surprise if Downie was given the last two games also.
I think Ceglar over Reeves is as much about trade value as it is about getting him to 100 games. He’s sitting on 99 at the moment and he deserves to be a 100 game player…. And any future father sons should come to us

Ceglar stays to help double team 'lil Tim English. Do we go the 3 key forwards to bust the Bulldog's defense? Jeka is first in queue but wouldn't mind seeing Callow here. With Worpel out, surely Ollie gets midfield time. Otherwise, Brockman for Ollie.

I would have had DGB straight back in to go on JUH, but Bruce's injury would make this a bit top heavy since we likely wouldn't drop Hartigan. Frost right person for Naughton.

IN: Jeka/Callow
OUT: Worpel (Inj)

I think Ceglar over Reeves is as much about trade value as it is about getting him to 100 games. He’s sitting on 99 at the moment and he deserves to be a 100 game player…. And any future father sons should come to us
If we limped Burgoyne to the line then why not get Cegs to 100 and take hold of any offspring that shows promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back