Preview Round 22 - Brisbane v Geelong @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone...

Why would he want to waste away his talent at a club that gifts a spot to inferior players like Cam Guthrie..
You mean Cam a player that’s currently performing to what the club and coach want him to?

Rather than a kid that’s been dropped to develop his game further?

Yeah let’s be dramatic and blame it all on one player and not look at the big picture

He isn’t the first , nor will he be the last to be dropped to the VFL

Jensen had the exact attitude and left for more game time, that worked out well for him .

Last edited:
Because one group are paid professionals who do this as a job. The others a bunch of whiny armchair nuffies that melt in the game day thread if we are behind at quarter time in a game...
So much this

So much short memories around here that everyone has forgotten how Jensen and many others left for more gametime before they even developed at the club and they never worked out.

If I was Constable I would just continue to work hard and keep improving under the system

So much this

So much short memories around here that everyone has forgotten how Jensen and many others left for more gametime before they even developed at the club and they never worked out.

If I was Constable I would just continue to work hard and keep improving under the system

VICWard's comment might be the greatest in the history of this message board

Exactly where your logic fails...
Really?

You’d rather play a kid that’s not meeting the requirements being asked which could potentially affect the team?

Better yet do we just gift games as a reward for being frustrated over a lack of gametime? Despite being clear on the issues in his game?

If he wants to leave so be it....

That big picture?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean Cam a player that’s currently performing to what the club and coach want him to?

Rather than a kid that’s been dropped to develop his game further?

Yeah let’s be dramatic and blame it all on one player and not look at the big picture

He isn’t the first , nor will he be the last to be dropped to the VFL

Jensen has the exact attitude and left for more game time, that worked out well for him .

The Jansen example is a very good one here. The Club had very open, honest and positive discussions with him about what was required - two way discussion. Whilst it didn't work out for him you will find Jarrad is still a huge advocate of the Club and its' culture. He accepted the Club couldn't guarantee him playing time and left on good terms

I hope the discussions with Charlie are along a similar vein and that he can address any concerns and become a regular 2020 and beyond - I think he will fill out more with another preseason and build his endurance base so that with his ball winning ability should go a long way towards that.

All those guys were not 20 with the quality of CC but these are a few i think have hurt a little.

McCarthy this year so far
Vardy last year with a flag
Caddy in 2017 with a flag
Varcoe been good at pies and something we miss
Hamling very solid

Im just saying that CC is really young and letting him go could be really bad.

Dude said Vardy lmao.

He only got any games because Nic Nat went down again and he only averaged 8 touches and 15 hit-outs.

And I wouldn't take Caddy back if it meant giving up Parfitt.

NO no that was Thompson's move didn't you know that. How dare you credit Scott with anything!!!!

Scott has made two moves that have got us back into games this season and both involved pissing Guthrie off out of the center at the ball ups and replacing him with Selwood

how can people compare Jansen to Constable?

Jansen didn't play 1 game for us

Constable has played 7 and averaged over 20pos a game

Jansen left cos we got Danger and our midfield was pretty full. From memory his disposal was pretty woeful.

Constable isnt getting games even though our midfield is old and cooked, Scooter got games ahead of him, a half fit Menegola got games ahead of him.

Now an extra defender is playing instead of him.

Worth noting that there’s no evidence that this isn’t exactly what he’s doing.

Incredible.
One change from a team that left North Melbourne utterly embarrassed and the sky is falling.

This is a strange place to be on Thursday nights.

"Only" on Thursday nights, thought that described every night (and day) around here. :)

Anyhoo, no Constable, no chance I'd say, MC have stuffed up again.

Seriously though, reckon he might have at least earned a spot on the emergency list, not really sure what the issue is, maybe Spazz Cat hit the nail on the head ................

Spread issues? Not having a go at this individual case in particular but overall. You've got talent and can play but have to turn into a middle-long distance runner first, a grass guarder 2nd and football comes third

And no, I don't think he's the second coming, or that all our problems will be solved by bringing him in, just that he's earned a chance IMO, it's not like he stunk the place up in his seven AFL games after all.

No reason why we can't win this, on paper we're a better side then Brisbane, so it won't be a lack of talent that stops us getting the four points.

Constable was in the team earlier in the year when we were playing well. He was stiff to be dropped, has been one of our best VFL performers since yet has been held to different standards. We have struggled at times with inside midfield and he is the obvious solution. This is no more and no less than the match committee having a wrong-headed fixation with negative players.
It's clear what they are doing.
They knew constable wasn't going to beat Walsh for the rising star, so they are holding him back for next year.

Sneaky buggers. :)

One of the defenders will be dropped for a late in would be my guess
I think Tuohy is a forward chance also. If you look at the photo in the AFL App Sliding Doors column there is a photo of the forward group with Enright and it is Hawk, Sav, Gaz, Gryan, Atkins, Dahl and Tuohy. Could be a little hint and explain why so many defenders named

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back