Preview Round 23: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Sunday 22/08/2021 @ 3:20 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crazy we let Ch 7 knobs dictate to this extent. Most pro sports overseas have last round on same time or at least same day. EPL and most all other major euro leagues for example, NFL another.
I agree. I want it to happen but as others have mentioned, they'll never do it stupidly enough
There are a myriad of reasons that make it logistically impossible and strategically negligent to schedule all the r23 games at once.

The least of which being the fact that Channel 7/foxtel simply do not have the equipment resources and staff to call 9 games simultaneously to begin with.

I agree. I want it to happen but as others have mentioned, they'll never do it stupidly enough
Never do it?
They were doing it only a few years ago. It was the exact reason they stopped scheduling the times for the final round at the start of the season, so as to allow all top 8 teams to play their final match before Sunday.

It just became moot when they introduced the pre finals bye.

And they have decided for the first time to abandon this act of fair play, for us. As usual.

campaigners.

Never do it?
They were doing it only a few years ago. It was the exact reason they stopped scheduling the times for the final round at the start of the season, so as to allow all top 8 teams to play their final match before Sunday.

It just became moot when they introduced the pre finals bye.

And they have decided for the first time to abandon this act of fair play, for us. As usual.

campaigners.
I meant 9 games all at the same time

There are a myriad of reasons that make it logistically impossible and strategically negligent to schedule all the r23 games at once.

The least of which being the fact that Channel 7/foxtel simply do not have the equipment resources and staff to call 9 games simultaneously to begin with.
Fair enough but then you just have to schedule all finals teams prior to Sunday. All non finals on Sunday, stuff CH 7 revenue for just one match.

What exactly is the point of having 9 games all at the same time? This isn't bush footy...

We all have to submit our teams at the same time, which is about the best it's going to get regarding fairness. If (🤞) we make finals I doubt we'll have the Friday night game so a 5 day break is out. We should be on either Saturday or Sunday, with a 6 or 7 day break. That's not a bad thing. As long as it's more than 5 days and less than 9 it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Beyond that, I actually like being able to watch other games that affect the outcome for us, and we're lucky in that we'll know the outcome of those games before ours starts. It's not just Channel 7/Foxtel that benefits from spreading the games out. All of us suckers in lockdown now have more than 2.5 hours of football coverage to keep ourselves occupied this weekend, for which I am truly grateful.

I'd be shocked if Week 1 of Finals didn't look like this:

*Friday Night- Qualifying Final 1 (Port/Melbourne/Geelong vs Brisbane)
*Saturday Afternoon- Elimination Final 1 (Sydney vs GWS/Essendon/Freo)
*Saturday Night- Qualifying Final 2 (Port/Melbourne/Geelong vs Melbourne/Geelong)
*Sunday Afternoon- Elimination Final 2 (Western Bulldogs vs Essendon/GWS/Freo)

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez, now that all the results are finalising, I’m getting more and more nervous about tomorrow.

It would be amazing for us to win tomorrow. Come on boys.
I think what today shows us is that anything can happen tomorrow. Eagles tried their guts out, as did the blues. I expect the pies to give everything they have to try to beat us tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, now that all the results are finalising, I’m getting more and more nervous about tomorrow.

It would be amazing for us to win tomorrow. Come on boys.
Doesn't matter. We're in either way.

I wish I could have your confidence. The pessimist in me suggests Freo win and it all comes down to us beating the pies.
Saints by 27 points. Be over at quarter time.

After the season we've had, and the round we've had, I don't know how anyone is making a call either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back