Game Day Round 3 - West Coast v Geelong, Sunday 4:40pm, Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With as bad as we played in over 50% of the game..we could have won this if our forwards converted what they should have Hawkins should really have nailed up this game for us . Fogerty missed multiple shots .. oh the injuries etc did help.. but sometimes you have moments ..and Hawkins had his moment and kicked it into the man on the mark. Kicking it from the boundary when the sirens gone and we have lost mean nothing .

I never said those didn't have a big impact.

Of course team selection and first half ball movement were terrible. However I think it's self-evident that the biggest variable by an absolute mile is injuries.

I get that and i agree but its the hardest variable to control so why not focus on controlling the variables that are easy to control. Then we probably still win.

Where did we lose this match?
We didn't bring a ruckman, instead relying on Stanley when Smith and Abbott were available.
Didn't bring a KPD but House and Gardner are available?
Gave chances to Selwood who is injury prone, ditto Cocky, at least Murdoch can run out games and what does Cunico need to do to get a game?
Needed a crumbing forward why hasn't Miers had a chance despite strong preseason form.

But hey, lets all be happy with being 1-2 when we should be 3-0.

Standard match committee bullshit.
Why would we play so indirect? You can't help the injuries but what is the excuse for the first half?

Shame about the injuries it gives Scott an excuse to not talk about how pathetic we were for the first half.

Our only chance was to score more at the start of q4.
Blitz not giving the hand ball to Danger running past with 7mins to go was turning point. His kick to pack going forward gets turned over ends up in Darlings goal and the tide had turned.
His lack of understanding what is needed when the game is tight costs us far to much

Smith and Abbott are fit.

House and Gardner are fit.

Even Murdoch or Thurlow much as i like neither are more capable than Henry right now.

Miers and Jones are fit when we are screaming out for forwards that know how to crumb.

The 22 they keep picking is not forced its moronic.

House and Gardner hasn't played a game (so if he gets beaten, you will then blame CS instead of it being his first game).

Everyone bags Murdoch here, and don't see him as in our best 22.

We should give Thurlow a go, but I don't think he is a KPD, but a BP or HBF.

Miers ? Who?

Zac Jones should come in next week, with Stanley possibly being out.

It IS forced, moron.

We would be playing Henderson and Taylor, looks like C Guthrie and Ablett are injured as well, Danger missed Round 1. Most of those guys you named wouldn't get a game ahead of the guys I named.

Give us our best 22, injury free, and see what we can do.

PS I bet a negative nelly like you can't get excited about Esava Rataguloea's game today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our only chance was to score more at the start of q4.
Blitz not giving the hand ball to Danger running past with 7mins to go was turning point. His kick to pack going forward gets turned over ends up in Darlings goal and the tide had turned.
His lack of understanding what is needed when the game is tight costs us far to much

Shuey is a dick - "it was a great win to come back against a team like Geelong, being down a couple of goals late in the game"

There was 10 minutes left - it's not like you came back in the last 2 or 3 minutes to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back