Preview Round 5, 2021: North Melbourne vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium | Sunday, April 18 @ 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* the Cats, they have looked slow and old this year. Haven’t looked like pumping anyone this year.

I expect us to go close to the AFL record for out on the fulls at the ridiculous hotdog ground, match them for 2-3 qtrs like on the weekend and I’ll be happy.

Nothing to fear from the Geelong retirement home.

fu** the Cats, they have looked slow and old this year. Haven’t looked like pumping anyone this year.

I expect us to go close to the AFL record for out on the fulls at the ridiculous hotdog ground, match them for 2-3 qtrs like on the weekend and I’ll be happy.

Nothing to fear from the Geelong retirement home.
good post, true Shinboner - need more of it, and less moaning

Coaches votes

Melbourne v Geelong
10 Christian Petracca (MELB)
7 Max Gawn (MELB)
4 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
3 Ed Langdon (MELB)
2 Jake Lever (MELB)
2 Christian Salem (MELB)
1 Tom McDonald (MELB)
1 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)

In some very, very good news, we can procure Away Member tickets today at $50. An absolute steal at that price.

I think I might buy 10 and donate them back to Cookie, in his last year at the helm of the GMHBA Stadium, so he can sell them again and rip off a few more people.

Then again I might just stick 10 pins in my eyes. A more enjoyable experience, that if you ask me.
Where did you find those ticket prices ?

Coaches votes

Melbourne v Geelong
10 Christian Petracca (MELB)
7 Max Gawn (MELB)
4 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
3 Ed Langdon (MELB)
2 Jake Lever (MELB)
2 Christian Salem (MELB)
1 Tom McDonald (MELB)
1 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)

I’m amazed scotts wouldn’t put one of his players in there.

So here's my two cents worth:

Noble is trying to build a system, so chopping and changing has not been his thing; he wants continuity and thus changes have been kept to a minimum apart from those necessitated by injury.

That will continue, so I expect Josh Walker will come in for LMac down back. Campbell might even continue, but personally I think Xerri has done enough and obviously provides more up side.

The interesting one will be Taylor or Garner for Zurhaar. Again, Curtis Taylor is the future, but for me, right now, I'd be going with Garner, because he will make the young running mids walk taller. In the VFL, Garner is proving a first class forward distributor, because his teammates know what they will get - Garner will either mark it, and hand off to runners, or he will provide a thumping contest, so the ball remains in play. Either way, young runners can go to him knowing there's another phase in play going forward.

So for me:

Out: LMac (inj.), Zurhaar (inj.), Campbell (omitted)
In: Josh Walker, Xerri, Garner
Wouldn't mind Atu for Turner, so Hayden can play mid, but I agree that changes will be minimal and Turner is never going to be dropped at this rate. Maybe Atu for Cunners if we accept the bullcrap charge.

Wouldn't mind Atu for Turner, so Hayden can play mid, but I agree that changes will be minimal and Turner is never going to be dropped at this rate. Maybe Atu for Cunners if we accept the bullcrap charge.
Let Turner tag Guthrie this week. Changes will be made but Turner wont be 1 of them....Their will be at least 2 changes and maybe 3 or 4...

I love Curtis but I'd promote Garner ahead of him for this week if it comes down to one of the two.

Curtis still has a lot of development and I'd rather he do that in the twos for a touch longer so he can impose himself a bit more rather than getting starved in our forward line in the big league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: McDonald (Inj), Zurhaar (Inj), Young, Campbell.

In: Atu, McGuiness, Walker, Xerri

B: Atu, McKay, Bonar
HB: Hall, Walker, Ziebell
C: Scott, Cunnington, Stephenson
HF: McGuiness, Larkey, Simpkin
F: Turner, Xerri, Thomas
Foll: Goldstein, LDU, Powell
Int: Phillips, Lazarro, Atley, Hayden
Sub: Mahony

What I want....

Out: McDonald (Inj.), Zurhaar (Inj.), Campbell (Omit.)
In: J.Walker, Taylor, Xerri

What I think it will be....

Out: McDonald (Inj.), Zurhaar (Inj.), Cunnington (Susp.)
In: J.Walker, Garner, Tyson

What I want....

Out: McDonald (Inj.), Zurhaar (Inj.), Campbell (Omit.)
In: J.Walker, Taylor, Xerri

What I think it will be....

Out: McDonald (Inj.), Zurhaar (Inj.), Cunnington (Susp.)
In: J.Walker, Garner, Tyson
Yep, probably the latter. Maybe Xerri for Campbell, but I can see Tom getting another game. Maybe Mahoney as injury sub, would give a young bloke a bit of a rest but keeps him involved. Lachie Young looked good and should be in the 22.

I love Curtis but I'd promote Garner ahead of him for this week if it comes down to one of the two.

Curtis still has a lot of development and I'd rather he do that in the twos for a touch longer so he can impose himself a bit more rather than getting starved in our forward line in the big league.
Both Curtis and Garns should be in for Mahony and Zurhaar

It's really strange that Patrick Walker hasn't been mentioned in any of these yet, like not even a mention.

I know he had the puff piece today, but it's still strange, as the rumblings out of the club in pre-season were that he was potentially a bolter for Rnd 1.

It's really strange that Patrick Walker hasn't been mentioned in any of these yet, like not even a mention.

I know he had the puff piece today, but it's still strange, as the rumblings out of the club in pre-season were that he was potentially a bolter for Rnd 1.
Maybe a lack of tank, defensive craft/strength and disposal numbers. I reckon he'll get a sneaky debut in the last quarter of the season and not look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back