Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs Carlton, Adelaide Oval, 21/04/17

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the sort of game where you didn't see that coming.....I hope not. It better not otherwise the pitch forks will be dusted off...cause its shaping up to be the upset of the round on Friday night live to the nation.

It will be the game that will lose that little respect others may have had of our club thus far.

I am useless at making predictions...;)

On paper, its a no brainer
On the field, F>>>K knows....

Still cant trust them yet, i am close to though. Perhaps after this game I can....should they win. I can trust them to put in an effort, but will it be enough is the question.

This is the sort of game where you didn't see that coming.....I hope not. It better not otherwise the pitch forks will be dusted off...cause its shaping up to be the upset of the round on Friday night live to the nation.

It will be the game that will lose that little respect others may have had of our club thus far.

I am useless at making predictions...;)

On paper, its a no brainer
On the field, F>>>K knows....

Still cant trust them yet, i am close to though. Perhaps after this game I can....should they win. I can trust them to put in an effort, but will it be enough is the question.

You're definitely the favourite but upset of the rounds a bit of a stretch mate ;) We're 1-3 and you're 2-2, even if your 2 losses were against top teams.
I daresay Brisbane beating the Dogs and GC beating Adelaide would be far bigger upsets.

We haven't been that bad...we were beating Melbourne till halfway through the last quarter and beating GC until halfway through the 3rd.
Faded in both games, possibly due to us playing like 7 teenagers and a lot of young, inexperienced players.

But then we are a bit of a bogey side :p Murphy to have a huge game against you as per usual, unfortunately for us Kreuz is out who also seems to enjoy playing you.

You're definitely the favourite but upset of the rounds a bit of a stretch mate ;) We're 1-3 and you're 2-2, even if your 2 losses were against top teams.
I daresay Brisbane beating the Dogs and GC beating Adelaide would be far bigger upsets.

We haven't been that bad...we were beating Melbourne till halfway through the last quarter and beating GC until halfway through the 3rd.
Faded in both games, possibly due to us playing like 7 teenagers and a lot of young, inexperienced players.

But then we are a bit of a bogey side :p Murphy to have a huge game against you as per usual, unfortunately for us Kreuz is out who also seems to enjoy playing you.

Probably right on being a bit of a stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is only upset this round.

We've been your bitch for too long now, time to turn that around, with a good hard crack of the whip.....

We've been your bitch for too long now, time to turn that around, with a good hard crack of the whip.....

2-4 record under Hinkley

• Port d. Carlton by 33 pts @ ES 2014 (14-20 FK)
• Port d. Carlton by 103 pts @ AO 2014 (15-18)

• Carlton d. Port by 18 pts @ ES 2013 (22-24)
• Carlton d. Port by 1 pt @ FP 2013 (17-13)
• Carlton d. Port by 4 pts @ MCG 2015 (24-10)
• Carlton d. Port by 2 pts @ ES 2016 (26-11)

If we're anyone's bitch in these fixtures, we ain't Carlton's.

2-4 record under Hinkley

I do not like to blame free kick counts for a loss and even if the umpires cost us 5 goals in a game we should have been at least a 10 goal better team than Carlton. St Kilda had to put up with a 23-8 free kick count in round 2 and but for bad kicking should have beaten West Coast at Domain.
Last year we had a count of 23-10 for us against the Western Bulldogs and they won. That is what we should be aspiring to.

I do not like to blame free kick counts for a loss and even if the umpires cost us 5 goals in a game we should have been at least a 10 goal better team than Carlton. St Kilda had to put up with a 23-8 free kick count in round 2 and but for bad kicking should have beaten West Coast at Domain.
Last year we had a count of 23-10 for us against the Western Bulldogs and they won. That is what we should be aspiring to.

I agree in principle but the 2015 game was fixed. There were just way too many ludicrous decisions in their favour, some of which have yet to be repeated in any game since, with absolutely nothing coming back our way. They had an ex-Carlton player umpiring the game FFS.

The sad part is the FK count doesn't even tell the whole story..Marks not being paid etc..
I'm not a fan of coaches blaming umpires after a game but these 2 games definitely warranted a please explain...

hate seeing the team sheet and seeing sammy in the forward pocket!!

they have a strong midfield, cripps, gibbs, murphy. Hopefully Ryder jumps all over their new kid.
Not to worried with their forward line so much but worried about ours!! our delivery has to be better going inside.

Praying for no rain!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hate seeing the team sheet and seeing sammy in the forward pocket!!

they have a strong midfield, cripps, gibbs, murphy. Hopefully Ryder jumps all over their new kid.
Not to worried with their forward line so much but worried about ours!! our delivery has to be better going inside.

Praying for no rain!!
Que? Their ruckman is a 25 year old.

2-4 record under Hinkley

Confirmed Carlton are our bogey side despite only playing them twice at home in since 2013. :rolleyes:

The physical niggle from Carltank will be on - has worked for them well in the past

Let's hope we don't get distracted and / or blow them away early

This is a danger game IMHO

A bit too much confidence shown this week for my liking - Carlton will be very up for this one

I agree in principle but the 2015 game was fixed. There were just way too many ludicrous decisions in their favour, some of which have yet to be repeated in any game since, with absolutely nothing coming back our way. They had an ex-Carlton player umpiring the game FFS.

• Dennis Armfield wins a free at half-forward, clearly takes advantage, misses his shot on the run and as he's clearly angry at himself for blowing the opportunity, the umpire calls him back to have another shot as if it's 1997.

• The umpire marking the ball on our possession - first time it had happened since Peter Carey at Subiaco in the late 90's - ball-up.

• Bryce Gibbs propelling Robbie into the ground headfirst in what was a clear double-motion that was subsequently deemed a 2 week suspension. On the day? Not even a free kick. "Nothing in it", said the controlling umpire.

• Lachie Henderson's 'mark' for their sealer that clearly hit the ground.

• Kade Simpson said he touched it, so not only will I rescind my whistle, I will take possession off you, in your F50, in the dying moments.

If just those things had happened, forgetting the other incidents and disparities, you'd be concerned the game had been infiltrated by a dodgy foreign betting syndicate.

But no, f*** Port because something something final piece of the puzzle, etc.

• Dennis Armfield wins a free at half-forward, clearly takes advantage, misses his shot on the run and as he's clearly angry at himself for blowing the opportunity, the umpire calls him back to have another shot as if it's 1997.

• The umpire marking the ball on our possession - first time it had happened since Peter Carey at Subiaco in the late 90's - ball-up.

• Bryce Gibbs propelling Robbie into the ground headfirst in what was a clear double-motion that was subsequently deemed a 2 week suspension. On the day? Not even a free kick. "Nothing in it", said the controlling umpire.

• Kade Simpson said he touched it, so not only will I rescind my whistle, I will take possession off you, in your F50, in the dying moments.

If just those things had happened, forgetting the other incidents and disparities, you'd be concerned the game had been infiltrated by a dodgy foreign betting syndicate.

The Armfield one bothers me the most because even the initial trip was barely there if at all. Krak just brushes his thigh on the way down, I don't even think he made contact below the knees.

Just a complete farce all round.

The Armfield one bothers me the most because even the initial trip was barely there if at all. Krak just brushes his thigh on the way down, I don't even think he made contact below the knees.

Just a complete farce all round.

At least when we get the pointy end - Bulldogs '07, Essendon '11, Geelong SF '13 (0-9 Q4 beginning with Corey-Carlisle), North '13, Adelaide '14, Carlton '15 - we get the entire Seattle space needle.

At the time I did an analysis of that game (I cannot remember ever being so affected by bad umpiring)

I documented what I considered 28 mistakes/non decisions by the umpires.

25 of 28 went against us.

I am convinced that people made money from this game. IT WAG RIGGED!!!!

The consequences of dropping this game would be absolutely monumental. If we were to lose tonight, every single player, coach, member of the board, the bloke that fills up the drink bottles, maybe even the bloke that collects the footys, would all have their job brought into serious scrutiny and it would send shockwaves through the football world.

We will win comfy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back