AFLW Round 6 Discussion - 2021 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

All the charm and appeal of the suburban venues on full display this weekend. The peak hour train ambience, the campfire lighting for night matches, the porta-potties, the malfunctioning cameras with s**t low-elevation angles. Ah yes, footy how it ought to be.

There's nothing stopping the host broadcaster setting up temporary scaffold platforms for cameras. That lack of effort from broadcasters isn't the ground's fault
I don't blame the ground, that would be almost like yelling at a cloud and I'm far too young for that.

I just question why the AFL paid cricket to shove off their low-drawing matches to the Junction Oval, and then don't hold them to the deal.

7 are obliged to make cost-effective decisions, so I don't blame them either. But it seems quite plausible to me that AFLW double/triple-headers at the MCG would be more cost effective and provide a better overall product than bouncing around from suburb to suburb for all-Vic-affairs.

There’s a lot of good being done, but Dogs haven’t found a way forward against a top defence. Now the Pies are getting reward for effort. Would like to see it not blow out but is what it is.

The other week I saw Wayne Siekman on twitter complaining about journos calling for his head back in the day. And though he kinda had a point, let it go dude, you were still crap. Any coach who has Chloe Molloy for a season and barely lets her out of the backline should cop whatever comes their way.

The other week I saw Wayne Siekman on twitter complaining about journos calling for his head back in the day. And though he kinda had a point, let it go dude, you were still crap. Any coach who has Chloe Molloy for a season and barely lets her out of the backline should cop whatever comes their way.
There might have been a different tweet too, but the one I saw had slightly more nuanced context. It was directed at Kate Sheehan who made a big media statement calling for him sacked when he went 0-3 in his second season. So when Richmond went 0-3 in their second season he must have thought the opportunity was too good to pass up.

The stupid thing though is that the situations aren't similar because Richmond had already sacked their coach after their first season

Either way massive sour grapes from Siekman who showed nothing to suggest he was an AFLW quality coach

Heartbreaking for the eagles. Have a mark with 15 seconds left. Turn it over with a needlessly risky kick into the middle. Give away a 50m to give the Dockers a gimme goal on the siren
* sake

What a *******

DantheMan.jpg

(And I'm partial to stretching for a couple of upsets, but this was barely the week for one let alone four. Who's advising this guy?!)

There's nothing stopping the host broadcaster setting up temporary scaffold platforms for cameras. That lack of effort from broadcasters isn't the ground's fault
There's nothing enticing them to either, that's the issue. The league simply doesn't call for the top notch of everything and that's not a criticism of the AFLW just a cold hard fact. I enjoy watching it for what it is and look forward to the increase in quality and all that will follow that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the leading goal-kicker board this year. It's wall-to-wall big dawg, while the little Stevie-Lee fleas have taken somewhat of a backseat (at least compared to other seasons).

We never like to see long-term injuries to players, but this post did elicit a chuckle out of me:

Woah woah woah, stop the clock. We can't have two Turbos (then again, I suppose anything goes for Freo players, exemplified by their captain Kara 'Juddy' Antonio). I suggest Kiara Bowers' new nickname shall be... Coco the Monkey Gammy!

Settle, was just poking fun at the Eagles womens team, having a poor season results-wise but there is a fair bit to like, that will come in the coming seasons.

No probs, all in jest.

Eagles have some nice buds showing, but are just finding how hard it is to start up a new team.

No probs, all in jest.

Eagles have some nice buds showing, but are just finding how hard it is to start up a new team.
imagine if eagles aflw team came in when there was 14 other significantly established teams already but instead of being able to take 12 of our players they werent allowed to take any? hmm makes ya wonder

imagine if eagles aflw team came in when there was 14 other significantly established teams already but instead of being able to take 12 of our players they werent allowed to take any? hmm makes ya wonder

Comparing men’s football with women’s footy is a false equivalency

WA has a rich history in men’s footy. A strong state league, a strong junior , coaching and school infrastructure.
a football state with a wealth of talent and resources

it’s the complete opposite in womans
Footy
Fremantle is one of two teams in a powerful football state

to continuously try and blame starting after the Eagles as an excuse for 27 years of failure is embarrassing and pathetic.. but truly symbolic of a joke of a club..

try starting a new club in a non AFL state

though I’m not surprised freo supporters cling to this garbage logic

WA has a rich history in men’s footy. A strong state league, a strong junior , coaching and school infrastructure.
a football state with a wealth of talent and resources

it’s the complete opposite in womans
Footy
Fremantle is one of two teams in a powerful football state

to continuously try and blame starting after the Eagles as an excuse for 27 years of failure is embarrassing and pathetic.. but truly symbolic of a joke of a club..

try starting a new club in a non AFL state

though I’m not surprised freo supporters cling to this garbage logic
not going to bother reading this cause i know its all wc delusion

Exactly. When you think about it the only similarity is the sport being played, and the dynamics at play with regards to adding new teams to a competition and ensuring their competitiveness while not severely disadvantaging preexisting teams. (With the creation of Freo in 1995 being handled as badly as possible, and the process in AFLW being questioned.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back