Recommitted Sam Flanders - 4 more years!

Remove this Banner Ad

No one wants to go to North!
Thing is, with the serious amount of top end young talent they have and Clarkson finally getting his hands on the club for a full preseason, that wheel may turn and turn quick in the next 18 months.They might be the best train to board for players looking to get to a club on the up and if they end up up, its likely to be a for a long time as they are a young side

Thing is, with the serious amount of top end young talent they have and Clarkson finally getting his hands on the club for a full preseason, that wheel may turn and turn quick in the next 18 months.They might be the best train to board for players looking to get to a club on the up and if they end up up, its likely to be a for a long time as they are a young side
Players seem to mostly want to jump onboard when the team is on the up, not when it’s at its lowest ebb

Players seem to mostly want to jump onboard when the team is on the up, not when it’s at its lowest ebb
True that..all I am saying is that unlike others, I think this north team could be a real sleeping giant to come with the amount of top end talent they have

Look at that midfield

Reid, Wardlaw, Sheezel, LDU, Powell, phillips (if he can get his body right)

Wait till they get another preseason or 2 under their belts - they are going to dominate imo

But back to Flanders, he would be perfect for our club an I'd happily hand over our F1 for him

Carlton had no problem attracting players to our club, even during our crap years in the last 2 decades.

In hindsight, throwing all that money around and trying to sign big name platers every season was a flawed list building exercise.

Happily we have gotten a lot better in drafting and developing young players in recent years (Jesse Motlop has really surpassed my very high expectations of him already)

Anyhow if the money is right, any club seems desirable.

This is the midfielder I would love the club to target.
Has all the tools to become an elite player for a very long time. Breakout year in 2023. Very gettable and would be a perfect fit.
No worries getting minutes as one of the main inside bulls at the club.

This is the midfielder I would love the club to target.
Has all the tools to become an elite player for a very long time. Breakout year in 2023. Very gettable and would be a perfect fit.
No worries getting minutes as one of the main inside bulls at the club.
You guys breaking up 7 do you think? Hard to see many other alternatives with the list spots available and picks you have

You guys breaking up 7 do you think? Hard to see many other alternatives with the list spots available and picks you have

Yeh can't see that happening.
Not sure about the Smith rumors but I know Parish is on the radar.

I'd be surprised if he did leave Suns. With Hardwick on board, the atmosphere will immediately shift (for the better).

Yeh can't see that happening.
Not sure about the Smith rumors but I know Parish is on the radar.

I'd be surprised if he did leave Suns. With Hardwick on board, the atmosphere will immediately shift (for the better).
You just seem to be linked to a few players (rightly or wrongly) but you're kinda handicapped having no picks. I wouldnt think you want to break up 7 or trading using a future 1st but feels like you would have to do something similar if you are going after any of these names

You just seem to be linked to a few players (rightly or wrongly) but you're kinda handicapped having no picks. I wouldnt think you want to break up 7 or trading using a future 1st but feels like you would have to do something similar if you are going after any of these names

Well Parish and Flanders certainly are not worth pick 7.
Smith definitely is but would hope they defer until the end of 2024 given his current contract status.

Well Parish and Flanders certainly are not worth pick 7.
Smith definitely is but would hope they defer until the end of 2024 given his current contract status.
Yeah so on Flanders, what do you do? GC shouldnt be taking a future 2nd for him, that's extortion. I'd think he's up to a current year later 1st round pick at minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I could see that.
Geelong gave up a tiny bit more than that for Bruhn and Flanders has just put forth a brilliant second half averaging over 25 disposals & 5 clearances per game in a decent midfield core.

Cats don't have the right collateral this year for a player like Flanders. Really wish they did though. Would prefer a couple of these types opposed to a Parish.
Hollands is the other one gaining a bit of interest at the moment too.

Poor Suns. This happens to them every 2-3 years it seems.

Flanders to Saints for the Gresham end of 1st round FA Comp pick

GC get more points for their academy players ... Saints get a mid/forward replacement for Gresh

Seems a fair deal
I think Suns should ask for some other point upgrades down the order because it could be an absolute steal for Saints but it'd be close. Maybe the OOC thing makes it enough

I think Suns should ask for some other point upgrades down the order because it could be an absolute steal for Saints but it'd be close. Maybe the OOC thing makes it enough
Has he said he is leaving? I thought I saw he was close to signing on with GC

If he wants to leave, I wish the crows would throw a massive offer his way and I'd be happy to throw our 2 x 2nd rounders to GC for him (and if we can't give them back their 2nd we have, then we can give our F2 with the north pick)

Has he said he is leaving? I thought I saw he was close to signing on with GC

If he wants to leave, I wish the crows would throw a massive offer his way and I'd be happy to throw our 2 x 2nd rounders to GC for him (and if we can't give them back their 2nd we have, then we can give our F2 with the north pick)
It's a really weird year. Normally when people havent re-signed by now they are basically gone but feels a lot more uncertain with players like Flanders and Parish seemingly a chance of staying still. We should find out on these players this week at least

T
They should trade pick 7 with a salary dump player. It’s all the rage and cutting edge according to Craig Cameron 😂

I’m biased obviously but a end of 1st rounder for Flanders, the sweetener would have to be swwwwwweeeettt

I’m biased obviously but a end of 1st rounder for Flanders, the sweetener would have to be swwwwwweeeettt
I think he’s very good and a potential steal for someone. Very similar to Henry in that they only recently showed anything but what they’ve shown is pretty good and I expect to realistically get something in the late 20s for Henry.
A late first is unders for Flanders but OOC so you might just have to take what’s dealt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back