Recommitted Sam Flanders - 4 more years!

Remove this Banner Ad

The two players I mentioned were genuine mids.

You can be a genuine mid and play wing.
Yes, but you can also be a genuine wing and not a genuine mid.

As I said, it's rare for a player that hasn't been able to develop as a genuine midfielder at junior level do go on and do it at AFL level.

I don't see him becoming Peter Matera or Kouta but I've been wrong before.

What would be an example? I don't think anyone who plays 22 games a year on the wing would not be considered a midfielder.
I wouldn't consider Mason Wood or Brad Hill genuine midfielders for St Kilda

And yes, I know the the wing is technically the midfield, but I think everyone understands what I mean by a genuine midfielder.

And nothing to do with Sam Flanders. Surely cats make a play given how poor their midfield is.

Would certainly be a good fit for us but i imagine he goes to a melb based club.

Been good every week since Dew left.

But still zero chat the Suns have offered a contract extension.

Guess we wait until Hardwick has his say 🤷‍♂️
He was also good for the last 3 weeks of Dews tenure.

Surely he’ll be waiting to speak with new coach before deciding what to do.

The strong mail is that he will be staying at the Suns

giphy-downsized.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be an example? I don't think anyone who plays 22 games a year on the wing would not be considered a midfielder.
brad hill

How would GC feel about getting ahead of the Walter bid and dealing with North for Flanders & pick 5, plus a few other picks exchanged?
No offence, but more importantly, how would Flanders feel about going to North? I would imagine North, at present, will struggle to attract top/good players similarly to Suns.

It does look like Suns want to keep Flanders and Hollands could be available.

Based on what Flanders produced this year after coming from knee injury after bye I would guess he has 1st round pick value.

No offence, but more importantly, how would Flanders feel about going to North? I would imagine North, at present, will struggle to attract top/good players similarly to Suns.

It does look like Suns want to keep Flanders and Hollands could be available.

Based on what Flanders produced this year after coming from knee injury after bye I would guess he has 1st round pick value.

After what Neddy produced against us yesterday (especially in the first half) Flanders is definitely worth a pick in the teens.

But all signs lately indicate he is happy to stay at Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back