Rumour Sam Newman is about to be sacked by channel 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Snooze. They won't resign his contract at the end of the year, I suspect. Odds are none of them will have a resigned contract soon enough. The show stinks. It's stale and washed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This had more to do with the AFL head office slime-balls lawyering up and telling his bosses to make sure nobody spoke of them.

It's amazing how much influence the AFL gestapo exert over the media. Just look at how many boneheaded ex-players are in media gigs now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this story was planted with Peter Ford to distract.

The Footy show trying to be PC and in touch with modern society is like Pizza trying to be low fat.

Be what you are, if nobody wants it then your time is done. But being what you're not is 10x worse.
It's Unfunny s**t, don't bring your anti pc agenda s**t in it.

SEN were talking about Sam's lackluster performance last night. Now it all makes sense.
Can't say i've watched TFS in a long time, but I can't see it surviving long without him.
I stopped watching TFS years ago. As much as I don't like Sam Newman's stupid antics, if Ch9 think the show can survive without Sam they have rocks in their head. All TV shows have a finite life. TFS passed its use by date years ago.

As an aside, I walked past Hutchy in Chapel Street on Sunday. He looked like an unkempt, lonely, fat man. I said to my wife as we walked past him, "That's Hutchy from The Footy Show". She couldn't believe the guy we had just walked past was on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back