Rumour Sam Reid willing to 'listen' to offers from Victorian clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought one of collingwoods biggest needs is a second tall forward to help cloke? Werent you after mitch clark?

I never thought we needed Clark, personally. But Clark can ruck, and Reid cant so he cant even fill the gap that Clark was going to have to fill. I'm happy for us to stick with White, B Reid, Karnesiz , if we can get them on all on the park which didnt happen this year. Cant see how S Reid is any better than what we already have, just more of the same. Plus Witts and Grundy being another year older will start being productive as forward options. And we have Moore joining the club.

We need midfielders to replace Beams Ball and Swan who is slowing down. The youngsters we have drafted in recent seasons (Kennedy Broomhead Freeman Shcharenburg) need a bit more time.

If the Swans can't turn him into a key defender I think they really need to look at trading him to sure up other areas of the park. They could really do with another big bodied defender, and as much improvement he has made and admiration as I have for Mike Pyke, the Swans would love to have a guy like Ryder in their ruck.

Depending on how their salaries are structures it might even be handy to trade Reid for draft picks to free up some cap space.

He has the potential to be a gun but is just not there at the moment.

Didn't get a goal against a top six side this year, from 8 games. That is really poor going.

$500k for Reid? He'd better hope that the Swans don't trade him because there's no way he'd command that sort of money anywhere else. Very average player.

Unbelievable that he and Mitchell are both on 500k a season, yet a real gun like Malceski is being squeezed out because of money.

Unbelievable that he and Mitchell are both on 500k a season, yet a real gun like Malceski is being squeezed out because of money.
And they will probably get overs by way of compensation for Malceski if he decides to leave which is a joke.....

They cant retain him because of the way they have mismanaged and abused the salary cap and the COLA with the Buddy, Tippet, Reid, Mitchell contracts and then the AFL will probably give them a 3rd round compensation for Malceski. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Swans can't turn him into a key defender I think they really need to look at trading him to sure up other areas of the park.

This. With Goodes looking to play on, the only way Reid can stay IMO is to become a defender. Reid just looks lost up forward which is not surprising when he's playing alongside Tippett, Franklin and Goodes. Keep Reid as a defender even when Goodes retires as Swans need a small forward, particularly given the lack of speed from Tippett.

Mitchell isn't on 500k a season.

If Mitchell is on anything over 300k it's outrageous considering his age and experience.

Why would Swans want to trade Reid, yes he's on stupid money but Ted Richards is 31 and should retire, he's done. Grundy is getting close to 30 so they need tall defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back