Autopsy Shameful game V Dees - tell it like it is right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue for me is that we sacked a coach mid contract on the notion that our list was underperforming. Only for the bloke who took over to run us to 2nd last and scream rebuild.

Note: I'm still in the Brad had to go camp.
I still to struggle to believe the board thought we had a list to compete. My take on it is that behind closed doors they could see we needed a rebuild, but not with Brad at the helm.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I respect your position Wayneo.

Would you prefer to completely bottom out in a COVID riddled year or keep hovering around 9th for the next decade?
Problem is in a COVID riddled year we are more exposed than ever before when no-one has anything else to do but watch footy. And we serve up unwatchable s**t.

Why are we ashamed of this, we pick 7 players 195cm or taller, are we expecting any other result? Roos in 2020 is a true reflection of this club over the last 20 years, this is the real north melbourne. The facade is finally torn off and ripped up.

I much preferred Roos Rool and his mother’s special friend Sebastian to this dude.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Words cannot describe or articulate just how bad that game was.

Throw the towel in, play whoever, I don't care go nuts experimenting.

Some of the basic skills this team just cannot execute is worse than even your local footy player. Just disgraceful.

Does Shaw need help?

Do we need to bring in someone more attacking minded to help him?

Does Shaw need help?

Do we need to bring in someone more attacking minded to help him?

Needs a mentor I reckon, he's taking on a lot circumstantially in his first year; No VFL, COVID Hubs, massive injury list, a playing list that hasn't been turned over properly, a gameplan that isn't working etc.

I can't imagine it being easy for him just to wrap your head around all this, its a bloody mess.

This "team" disgusts me. Are we tanking or are we really that bad. Time for Shaw to come under the microscope as well. Some players should never play for the club again.
I just don’t get what he is trying to do?

His selections each week just seem to get dumber and dumber.

At least Hosie looked lively in the first half. Nope see you later you don’t fit my defence first ethos.

If he is a serious coach then ******* drop Atley, he is an embarrassment to the jumper!

Mahoney is cooked. Stopped driving him into the ground Shaw you moron!

Shaw just does so many stupid things. Playing Cunners injured, nice one *stick!

It looks like we have another dud on our hands. He is the Sam Durdin of coaching at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks North for the gigantic migraine after enduring that dross, with Gerard Healy's commentary for a bit of mayo.

When even Shaun Higgins is on cruise control with 3rd lowest DE%, overuse of handball only invites pressure, but we are elite at creating turnovers from nothing anyway.

My only positives were LMac, LDU, Larkey, and Bonar until injured.

I usually force myself to watch the replay after every lost game, but not this time baby.

Expect it from the usual suspects, but some of Higgins kicks under little pressure were shocking, wide short or to long. Simpkin and scott both struggled with their short kicks.
Zurhaar try playing in front champ.
Mckay needs to work on how not to be bumped or held out so easily, hopefully it will come.
Pittard shocking.
Mahoney has good vision and i.q. but we need more speed up there.

Positives LDU, Bonar, Larkey

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shameful indeed.
Hard to know what to say, but I imagine the architects of our genuine tank-worthy selections (Durdin, Pittard, LOTGs) and player positioning (higgins absent from all centre bounces, goldy on a wing, pittard forward) will take comfort from their devious work going un-noticed behind the horror show that is our deplorable, lol-worthy skills.

I said in the GTD this was the worst skilled game I'd seen in 10 years. Make it 20.

We're so, so far away from it. Anyone who doesn't think we need to secure and then nail 4-5 top-10 & another 5-6 top 30 picks to revive ourselves isn't watching the same team I am.
Complete overhaul is an understatement and it needs to be sustained and BRUTAL. For now, I'm hoping / assuming Shaw knows this and is eyeballing everyone he can before the serious cull begins.

Should be locked into our long term plans:
LDU, Larkey, Bonar, Scott, Zurhaar, McKay, Hayden, Jy, WW, Taylor, LMac, TT.

Hopeful but jury is still out:
Comben, Perez, Mahoney, Crocker, Xerri, MacGuinness, Hosie, Murphy, EVW.

Shouldn't be in our long term plans:
Durdin, Atley, Hall, Pittard, Walker, Daw, Williams, Anderson, Jacobs, Garner, Dumont, Ahern, Tyson, Wood, Campbell, JMac, Turner.

Played in the wrong era:
Higgins, Ziebell, Tarrant, Cunnington, Goldy.

Have currency so trade options should be considered:
Brown, Polec.

The long game must start now.

I genuinely think we are more vulnerable than ever as a football club and could see the AFL come knocking within the next 5 years if we don’t improve.

Needs a mentor I reckon, he's taking on a lot circumstantially in his first year; No VFL, COVID Hubs, massive injury list, a playing list that hasn't been turned over properly, a gameplan that isn't working etc.

I can't imagine it being easy for him just to wrap your head around all this, its a bloody mess.

It’s not easy for anyone, is getting Gary Ayres a stupid idea?

Problem is in a COVID riddled year we are more exposed than ever before when no-one has anything else to do but watch footy. And we serve up unwatchable sh*t.
Yup but we’re hammered with injuries and instead of putting up with this crap for another 12 games we’ve only got 6.

Take pick 2 to the draft and grab the best available, delist the cloggers, get our squad fit and reset for a full season tilt in 2021.

Stood underneath the coaches box for the last five minutes after spending the first 16 mins at ground level

yelled out to Brady and co - it’s bullshit we’ve spent a decade and never won at AO - there’s no leadership it’s ******* quiet atground. Level no direction. Cut the fat sort it out. A decade without awin at Adelaide oval. Sort it out now!
Only to be waved away by one of the assistants

I’m ******* over our ineptness
Yeah and they still take your hard earned cash for Membership I bet . They don’t wave you off if you come with cash do they . I’m thinking of not renewing mine next year .. I’m over this s**t Coach has no idea Player inept of basic skill it pathetic. Slow no skill no footy knowledge just crap 💩.. these guys get paid s**t loads and they give us this crap 💩..

Why are we ashamed of this, we pick 7 players 195cm or taller, are we expecting any other result? Roos in 2020 is a true reflection of this club over the last 20 years, this is the real north melbourne. The facade is finally torn off and ripped up.

Surely you aren’t a north supporter? I haven’t seen a more pessimistic north “supporter” in my lifetime!

It’s not easy for anyone, is getting Gary Ayres a stupid idea?

I can't imagine bringing anyone in being a poor idea, we look undermanned as a club right now.

What's obvious is this; the playing list is the worst part of it. They are clueless, inept, skilless, the fact I can name 10 players to cut says it all.

Rawlings is going to crucify this list and then we'll see what Shaw is really made of as a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back