Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

A trade for a player - I'll use Petty as an example - could be possible.

Adding a pick it could be:
McAdam + a pick for Petty.

Or, maybe, assuming Sydney ask Melb to pay some of Grundy's salary, the trade could be:
McAdam plus 50-100K of Brodie's salary for Petty.

Grundy's salary could end up split across four clubs:
Coll => $250K
Melb => $50K
Adel => $100K
Syd => $500k
We wouldn't get rid of Petty unless we're getting Rankin, Rachele or Michelanney. watch more football before you underestimate the Petstar. Elite defender who slotted 6 in one of his first full games as a forward.

if that pick is going to be a top 8 pick then maybe.

how about Neale-Bullen + Pick for Rankin? How would that make you feel? 😀

Melksham and Smith have both been in and out of the team, or played as sub on various occasions. McAdams will probably join that rotation, I have no idea why he wants to join the Dees to be honest., but his made the decision.

Fringe/Depth player who might give us 4-5 solid matches a season like Smith/Melksham have been.
There is only one of him, a McAdam if you will

The 32 year old Jake Melksham thay's played 36 games of a possible 70 odd games the last 3 seasons, included in that 6 games as sub? That Jake Melksham? The Jake Melksham that's just done an ACL? OK
expectED to. that means before he'd done his acl. he was in career best form. Do your research honestly.

how about Neale-Bullen + Pick for Rankin? How would that make you feel? 😀
Petty is not on the same level as Rankine - not even close!

Realistically, you got 2 years left in your premiership window. Will Petty have big impact in that time? Probably not. By the time your next premiership window opens Petty will probably be late twenties (at best) and past his prime.

Let's say you trade Petty for McAdam + #20. Then package 20, 24 and 32 up and trade them to a club looking for academy points for a first rounder. Now you offer your three first rounders to West Coast for pick #1!

Petty is not on the same level as Rankine - not even close!

Realistically, you got 2 years left in your premiership window. Will Petty have big impact in that time? Probably not. By the time your next premiership window opens Petty will probably be late twenties (at best) and past his prime.

Let's say you trade Petty for McAdam + #20. Then package 20, 24 and 32 up and trade them to a club looking for academy points for a first rounder. Now you offer your three first rounders to West Coast for pick #1!
Petty is as good as Rankin. For a 23 year old key defender who is better? Not many. Petty will be a multiple AA defender. Rankin may. or may not. who knows.

Your trade suggestion is ridiculous. Petty and Mcadam +20. Petty is worth a draft pick around 5-8. He'd finish top 3 in your BnF.

Petty is as good as Rankin. For a 23 year old key defender who is better? Not many. Petty will be a multiple AA defender. Rankin may. or may not. who knows.

Your trade suggestion is ridiculous. Petty and Mcadam +20. Petty is worth a draft pick around 5-8. He'd finish top 3 in your BnF.
1on1 in 2023 blanck was dramatically better. Petty lost 30.8 percent of his 1on1 contested battles in 2023 in comparison with blanck at 23.7. And petty never had the best forward, blanck usually did. He has a very long way to go to reach AA.

I am sure there are many others too, it is just an example.

1on1 in 2023 blanck was dramatically better. Petty lost 30.8 percent of his 1on1 contested battles in 2023 in comparison with blanck at 23.7. And petty never had the best forward, blanck usually did. He has a very long way to go to reach AA.

I am sure there are many others too, it is just an example.
Can you show me where you're getting these stats from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can't find it :( what stat is it under?
Sorry. It didn't link well. You need to go to the category called defence, and the category 2023.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919_190302_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_190302_Opera.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 27
In the current market of half the AFL looking for key backman, especially young ones Petty would fetch a decent price, as evident with McKay/Ratsgolea situations.

That said how many 6-goal games has Rankine played up forward? (I actually rate Rankine pretty highly).

In the current market of half the AFL looking for key backman, especially young ones Petty would fetch a decent price, as evident with McKay/Ratsgolea situations.

That said how many 6-goal games has Rankine played up forward? (I actually rate Rankine pretty highly).
Rankine is more than just a quality small forward.
1695115902816.png

Some serious underrating of Petty here, just for starters Petty is contracted, McAdam is not.

Similar to Dees supporters underrating what McAdam offers up.
what is Mcadam worth in terms of a draft picking in your opinion. Disregard what picks we have, just tell me a number.

For me I'd say McAdam is worth pick #37

Some serious underrating of Petty here, just for starters Petty is contracted, McAdam is not.

Similar to Dees supporters underrating what McAdam offers up.
Petty is a gun & doubt we can land him this year given he is contracted.

I would have no issue trying though, offering him a lucrative long term deal to come home...

A trade for a player - I'll use Petty as an example - could be possible.

Adding a pick it could be:
McAdam + a pick for Petty.

Or, maybe, assuming Sydney ask Melb to pay some of Grundy's salary, the trade could be:
McAdam plus 50-100K of Brodie's salary for Petty.

Grundy's salary could end up split across four clubs:
Coll => $250K
Melb => $50K
Adel => $100K
Syd => $500k

Why stop at this, why not trade Harmes off to another club to cover another 50k and then ask the AFL to chip in 50k instead of giving us compo for Jordan leaving.

what is Mcadam worth in terms of a draft picking in your opinion. Disregard what picks we have, just tell me a number.

For me I'd say McAdam is worth pick #37
You don't have pick #37, but pick #32 is fair... but given we won't use it, we would be better off with a future pick if we can't trade in a player.

Say your future 2nd & 3rd for our future 3rd & 4th.

Pick 9 which will become pick 12 and McAdams for Petty and 32 is probably about right.

If it’s just McAdams I think our end of 2nd round compo (Band 4) for Jordan if we get lucky might get it done. Would be about pick 38.

Pick 9 which will become pick 12 and McAdams for Petty and 32 is probably about right.

If it’s just McAdams I think our end of 2nd round compo (Band 4) for Jordan if we get lucky might get it done. Would be about pick 38.
Why would MFC trade the only guy likely to kick goals next year for a kid and a 29 year old ? Bbb and tmac next to useless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back