Rumour Stanton to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

We have too many good kids pushing for spots, don't need IMO

If he thought the Bomber fans gave him a hard time,
imagine that magnified at west coast :cool:
As a player he would walk into the best 22 & be a handy pickup with his gut running

If he thought the Bomber fans gave him a hard time,
imagine that magnified at west coast :cool:
As a player he would walk into the best 22 & be a handy pickup with his gut running

Best 22 at which team?

west coast
only behind Priddis, Shuey & (on 2015 form only) Gaff as a west coast mid IMO

Masten, Yeo, Sheed, Duggan, Rosa > Stanton

Realise Duggan didn't play much in 2015 but I'm talking 2016

Masten, Yeo, Sheed, Duggan, Rosa > Stanton

Realise Duggan didn't play much in 2015 but I'm talking 2016
Yeo possibly. I do like him lots
The others, no way
Sheed & Duggan look good for the future, but not yet as good as Stanton.
Rosa, not close & Masten certainly not close.
You guys are in the premiership window, so a player like Stanton would certainly help, but that is the end of my replies.
sorry to others if this has become a typical BF "pissing contest"
Good luck to all :thumbsu:

Yeo possibly. I do like him lots
The others, no way
Sheed & Duggan look good for the future, but not yet as good as Stanton.
Rosa, not close & Masten certainly not close.
You guys are in the premiership window, so a player like Stanton would certainly help, but that is the end of my replies.
sorry to others if this has become a typical BF "pissing contest"
Good luck to all :thumbsu:

No problems mate, wasn't meaning it to be a pissing contest either :)

I'd prefer to get games into Sheed and Duggan next year, and we will have to agree to disagree about Masten.

Stanton will enjoy home crowds booing the opposition instead of him for a change. :$

Stanton is Roger Ramjet, run out of steam when the proton pill wore off. I swear this guy is the smoking gun to Essendons PED scandal, for a full month back in 2012 he was unstoppable ( was killing it in SC scores anyway ) and seemed to get this super human lift but then fell away quickly once the scandal unfolded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanton is Roger Ramjet, run out of steam when the proton pill wore off. I swear this guy is the smoking gun to Essendons PED scandal, for a full month back in 2012 he was unstoppable ( was killing it in SC scores anyway ) and seemed to get this super human lift but then fell away quickly once the scandal unfolded.

to be fair the whole team collapsed on the back of the scandal and you can understand why. most weeks they looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

on a side note, supercoach (and the other one) has destroyed a lot of informed footy banter. too many people ready to write off players as spuds because they're only averaging 65 points in their team and cost them the win against old mate doug's devils the previous week and now they owe doug a slab. it gives me the shits.

back to stanton, i'm not a huge fan and also think there's more immediate and long-term promise in continuing to play sheed, yeo, duggan etc, all of whom are set for improvement in very important roles in 2016.

stanton is no spud but not someone that strikes me as a good fit for us. if rosa wants out, i'd do a straight swap* but see both as being outside the ideal 22 next season.

* oops, just saw the post stating he was an ufa.

Last edited:

Stanton has been one of our most consistent players throughout the whole saga. Do you watch footy or just look at footy wire stats and think "disposal count down, what a hack!"

Stanton has been one of our most consistent players throughout the whole saga. Do you watch footy or just look at footy wire stats and think "disposal count down, what a hack!"
I watch every game I can. Stanton had a purple patch and lost it - fact.

Would be a good pick-up if Rosa does get traded.

Don't think they need either of them TBH, especially with Lewis Jetta coming in and other young guys pushing for more midfield time:

B: Will Schofield - Eric Mackenzie - Brad Sheppard
HB: Shannon Hurn - Jeremy McGovern - Sharrod Wellingham
C: Andrew Gaff - Matt Priddis - Chris Masten
HF: Mark Lecras - Jack Darling - Jamie Cripps
FF: Josh Hill - Josh Kennedy - Scott Lycett
R: Nic Naitanui - Elliot Yeo - Luke Shuey
I: Lewis Jetta - Dom Sheed - Mark Hutchings - Sam Butler
E: Liam Duggan - Xavier Ellis - Mitch Brown

Don't think they need either of them TBH, especially with Lewis Jetta coming in and other young guys pushing for more midfield time:

B: Will Schofield - Eric Mackenzie - Brad Sheppard
HB: Shannon Hurn - Jeremy McGovern - Sharrod Wellingham
C: Andrew Gaff - Matt Priddis - Chris Masten
HF: Mark Lecras - Jack Darling - Jamie Cripps
FF: Josh Hill - Josh Kennedy - Scott Lycett
R: Nic Naitanui - Elliot Yeo - Luke Shuey
I: Lewis Jetta - Dom Sheed - Mark Hutchings - Sam Butler
E: Liam Duggan - Xavier Ellis - Mitch Brown
And Redden.

And Redden.

Yes, and Redden. Forgot about him. Major upgrade on Hutchings, probably slots into that Ruck-Rover spot ahead of Yeo, allowing for Yeo to still be used as a utility.

All fit, that Eagles side is extremely strong next year. No real weaknesses.

Were you unhappy when Aker publicly labelled Michael Braun a drug-cheat when he towelled him up one day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back