Stephen Dank Warrant issued

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree it is about time that the Geelong-Dank connection was investigated seriously, independent of the AFL.

Their players of that era + their progeny may require, indeed deserve, long-term health monitoring just like the EFC players + family.

Yeah, that was a little facetious of me.

I guess it gets a little boring that these same things kept being repeated ad nauseum without single shred of new evidence. Just the same tired circumstantial claims over and over again.

But I'll acknowledge that it's entirely your right to hold that belief, so I'll stop making fun of it and apologise.

technically any evidence can be circumstantial if you don’t look at it

ie, John smith standing next to a dead body and gun is circumstantial if the cops don’t test for fingerprints.

we’re not talking about a piece of circumstantial evidence either, we’re talking about a dozen smoking guns and an organisation that proved beyond a doubt they wanted to cover up any drug program, and that was for a middling team that achieved nothing, not a legendary team stacked with the games centrepieces that was being hailed as the greatest team of all time after a bunch of premierships.

for me the question isn’t did geelong cross the line during that period...

it’s by how far. What was the extent they went to during that time.

I doubt we will ever find out.

There's also the rumour that broke about Collingwood after the 2010 GF that disappeared just as quickly.

Something along the lines of elevated HGH levels after the game or something? Levels were below the banned threshold after the game when tested, but high enough to suggest that they would have been over prior to the game?

After the way the AFL tried to sweep the Essendon scandal under the rug, even that rumour is nowhere near as far fetched as it seemed at the time.

Always made me wonder when Dank told Hird that Collingwood had been doing it too.

Last edited:

I agree it is about time that the Geelong-Dank connection was investigated seriously, independent of the AFL.

Their players of that era + their progeny may require, indeed deserve, long-term health monitoring just like the EFC players + family.

i look forward to the retrospective awarding of the 2007 flag to the true premiers, port adelaide. dank-long can go sit in the corner with jobe.

There's also the rumour that broke about Collingwood after the 2010 GF that disappeared just as quickly.

Something along the lines of elevated HGH levels after the game or something? Levels were below the banned threshold after the game when tested, but high enough to suggest that they would have been over prior to the game?

After the way the AFL tried to sweep the Essendon scandal under the rug, even that rumour is nowhere near as far fetched as it seemed at the time.

Always made me wonder when Dank told Hird that Collingwood had been doing it too.

I’m pretty skeptical when anyone claims that Dank only pushed the boundaries at Essendon, when he’s been involved in some form at Geelong, Gold Coast and Melbourne either side of his stint with us.

There’s no appetite to find out more, but I’d suspect that Essendon isn’t the only club to have played around in that space.

technically any evidence can be circumstantial if you don’t look at it

ie, John smith standing next to a dead body and gun is circumstantial if the cops don’t test for fingerprints.

we’re not talking about a piece of circumstantial evidence either, we’re talking about a dozen smoking guns and an organisation that proved beyond a doubt they wanted to cover up any drug program, and that was for a middling team that achieved nothing, not a legendary team stacked with the games centrepieces that was being hailed as the greatest team of all time after a bunch of premierships.

for me the question isn’t did geelong cross the line during that period...

it’s by how far. What was the extent they went to during that time.

I doubt we will ever find out.

How far? I'm guessing 120 points

We were robbed!

I’m pretty skeptical when anyone claims that Dank only pushed the boundaries at Essendon, when he’s been involved in some form at Geelong, Gold Coast and Melbourne either side of his stint with us.

There’s no appetite to find out more, but I’d suspect that Essendon isn’t the only club to have played around in that space.

pre essendon scandal, I was told by an insider that 4 clubs were heavily involved with performance enhancing drugs. With the 4 clubs named, surprisingly essendon was not one of the four.

Essentially the AFL was quite happy to let four other clubs, slip through to the keeper. It held the dons out as a bad egg rather than identifying a greater league issue.

They were extraordinarily bad at it though.

pre essendon scandal, I was told by an insider that 4 clubs were heavily involved with performance enhancing drugs. With the 4 clubs named, surprisingly essendon was not one of the four.

Essentially the AFL was quite happy to let four other clubs, slip through to the keeper. It held the dons out as a bad egg rather than identifying a greater league issue.

Not surprising really, so long as they didn’t get caught red handed then it would be pretty easy to sweep under the rug.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back