Rumour Steve Johnson to Brisbane 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

He's coming to brisbane in the next coming days to have a look at the facilities and to negotiate a deal.

I'm thinking this is about the point he decides a move to Brisbane would be a mistake ?

I'm thinking this is about the point he decides a move to Brisbane would be a mistake ?

He could be into S+M, underneath the gabba has a wonderful dungeon feel with lost of small dark rooms. Whats not to like. The tin shed at the training ground really takes you back to your roots as well, feels like you're back playing country footy. Reinvigorating i say

Surely he would be getting a better offer from a club contending for the flag (Eg: Tigers, Roos etc.) before considering going to Bris? The Lions need to rebuild with youth.

Tigers seem the ideal fit. North seem to be linked to every single player though so I wouldn't discount them.

My insider just told me that Steve Johnson is having talks with Brisbane Lions for a one year contract. He's coming to brisbane in the next coming days to have a look at the facilities and to negotiate a deal. To add to this, my mate works at the Gabba and he swears that he saw him there.

What a waste

He needs to head to a club who he can help win a Premiership off his own boot - think Stuey Dew

Waste of everyones time if he goes to Brisbane - think Paul Chapman

Be like Dew

I would expect that he would be in the same boat of Waite was, still a UFA until after the trade period

Nah, would be a Mitch Robinson situation. Free signing after he is officially delisted - no effect on compensation.

That said, I don't think we will be taking Stevie J.

What a waste

He needs to head to a club who he can help win a Premiership off his own boot - think Stuey Dew

Waste of everyones time if he goes to Brisbane - think Paul Chapman

Be like Dew

Thanks for your words of encouragement. And no wont be us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he would be looking to join a team in the top 8.
But let's face it. If Stevie J plays on in 2016 it will be for $$$. He has nothing left to achieve in AFL, IMO

Ablett said last night that he's trying to convince the Suns to sign Stevie onto a playing -> coaching transition contract for next year. From what he said, if the Suns agree to it, SJ will be a Sun next year. Sounds like Stevie is wanting to come to the Suns but is waiting on his manager to organise something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back