Autopsy Straight kicking Dogs discombombulate Norf 139 - 71

Remove this Banner Ad

He's clearly in the twilight of a very good career but today was the first time in living memory that Todd Goldstein had almost no effect on a game between the two sides. In what has been a pretty middling season thus far for us, the huge improvement that we have seen in Tim English's game has been a true highlight. Its almost like big guys take longer and guys recruited with the build of a praying mantis take even longer.

The one real downside from today is that Riley Garcia seems to have gone down with an unspecified knee injury.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this image. I cant quite put my finger on it. Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.58.41 pm.png

Last edited:
It was an awful kick (by Duryea?) but he collected the ball and then stupidly tried to break the tackle. Like I say, I really love him and I want him in the team…but he needs to stop making silly mistakes.
Was O'Brien after taking a decent mark...

Still a lot of things going wrong down back.

Full stats report coming in a bit but sitting on the train home I had a good think about Smith's game. We were sitting right on the wing and far too many times Smith dug himself into a hole trying to kick on his right.

It was by no means a bad game from Smith but I think the 43 disposals was a bit deceiving especially since we were +139 for disposals. 4 shots for 0.2 didn't help either.

Just think how damaging he will be when he tidies up his disposal.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

I like Anthony Scott. Has a footy brain and is courageous. Loved that intercept when he sent it to JUH.

Also liked Cordy’s aggression up forward - and straight kicking, in spite of his awkward style. (Remember when he kicked the first goal of the 16 GF, from the boundary, after flooring Mills? 😍)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English would be leading our best and fairest at the moment. Been great in every game.

Thank Christ we actually kicked straight today. It was like going from watching the movie Freddy Got Fingered last week to watching The Godfather this week.

Best: English, Bailey Smith, Naughton, Macrae, Libba, Weightman, Treloar.

Also liked what I saw from JUH. He didn’t have a lot of it, but i think he’s slowly building. I like that we are sticking with him. He’ll get better and better with more games.

Today was the start of a run against some lower ranked sides, so hopefully we get on a roll and can set up our season after a shaky start.

Well done dogs.

Also liked what I saw from JUH. He didn’t have a lot of it, but i think he’s slowly building. I like that we are sticking with him. He’ll get better and better with more games.

He has a lot of development to do, but the only way to get it is in the firsts. Playing every week alongside Naughton will do wonders for him.

Might be an unpopular take but the vast majority of the frees Cody gets are there.

Ridiculous for Carey to say (despite acknowledging the fistful of jumper) that he wouldn’t have paid the free because Cody “oversold it”.

Yeah he puts mayo on it which is frustrating but it's not like he's that Carlton player who literally fabricated contact to the head in order to get a free.

I don't think he's dumb and that HTB was harsh - no prior and there were others in the game where they did have way more prior and no free. It prob wasn't smart to grab it when he was about to be tackled but maybe unaware of the incoming opponent. It was bad play to pass it to him poorly and put him under pressure, maybe the ump paid it to punish dumb play.
Got to pretend to be making an effort to get rid of it.

Hi guys, good win today.

Do you mind if I ask what happened to Garcia? I hope it’s nothing too serious.
Knee injury yet to be specified in any detail by the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back