FTA-TV Survivor 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do I start?

Honestly, that first immunity challenge - agree that they shouldn't allow players to team up like that. As much I was happy Maria didn't win, it doesn't sit right that you can do that. I feel like they have to adjust the rules for that.

I still hate the final four to three with fire making. I have never liked it and wish they had a better way to do it.

To each player:

Kenzie - good on her for winning. Was she the best player in the game? No. However, she was in a week tribe to start, kept fighting and surviving. She played the social game reasonably well and look, she probably will do well with the money.

Charlie - I felt bad for him. Vote at least deserved a tie but I thought he was hard done by. You could tell there was a lot of flipping by the jurors because I think many of them believed both deserved to win. Maria not voting for him was a surprise and yet probably showed she was bitter he didn't get voted out before she did. I would like Charlie to come back for another go at it.

Liz was a wacko at best through the whole season but she shouldn't have got to the final 4 anyway. I hope they don't cast someone like her again.

Ben - I am glad he won an immunity and she got more out of the game compared to others. Nice guy, was never going to win it but generally liked that he got casted.

Maria - yes if she made it to the final tribal council, I am sure she would have won. Good player, but turned very quickly when it suited her. Her whole handling of who went to the sanctuary for good was case in point.

Will I watch next season? Yes but I won't remember this season too much.

Hopefully Q is the only person from this season that they cast on 50. I could handle Venus at a stretch I suppose.

Helping at the most important immunity challenge of the season is crap. I suppose they did unwind the knots from that board so they should have been able to guess say minimum 15 holes and keep trying each combo up from that without having to go get the board to start with.

Maria - yes if she made it to the final tribal council, I am sure she would have won. Good player, but turned very quickly when it suited her. Her whole handling of who went to the sanctuary for good was case in point.

Based on the edit I don't know if the result would have changed at all with Maria there instead of Charlie. Charlie seemed to have better social relationships than Maria, outside of Maria and Q. Guess Charlie wouldn't have been as bitter on the jury and would have voted for Maria, so that is one vote shift.

I think at the end of the day, the social game is very important - always hard to tell how that was actually played given we only see what is edited.

I tapped out 4 episodes ago, and don't feel bad that I did after reading through and watching highlights. Which is a shame because I'm one of the few that have actually enjoyed new Survivor US the last few seasons.

Think Survivor is at the point now that it's popular enough that;

US and Aus to a degree have burned through top tier game players in casting

And

Anyone that is a fan or half decent plays too conservative which doesn't lend itself to exciting television.

It's clear as day that both US and Aus versions are happy to cast absolute goats, nuffies and eccentric types to get ratings regardless of any potentially decent gameplay.

We've had a couple of winners that had no right going all the way to the end, and the US version have had a few winners that comparing against previous seasons have been pretty underwhelming IMO.

Still the all time reality TV show but it's not the must watch show it used to be anymore.... save for All-Star seasons.

Maria can gagf

I am just watching the post show

“I saw her fire in her eyes”

🤢

I hope what we saw is game play and not how you behave in RL…fawning over Charlie for days

And our winner; comes down to a sob story at the end..give me a break..this is everything that’s wrong about Woke Survivor

I get she was disappointed by his efforts late game, but just thought she’d have stayed true to her word

Last edited:
Thought Charlie played the best game overall and should’ve won. However Kenzie’s warm personality and social game perhaps tipped it in her favour. Either would be worthy winners.

Maria not voting for Charlie despite saying so did seem quite petty. Liz rambling that she would’ve beaten them all was genuinely bizarre. Quite a likeable final 4 overall aside from her. Q I wish lasted to the end.

Thought Charlie played the best game overall and should’ve won. However Kenzie’s warm personality and social game perhaps tipped it in her favour. Either would be worthy winners.

Maria not voting for Charlie despite saying so did seem quite petty. Liz rambling that she would’ve beaten them all was genuinely bizarre. Quite a likeable final 4 overall aside from her. Q I wish lasted to the end.
Liz was obnoxious from Day 1 and up there with the most unlikeable players ever

Based on the edit I don't know if the result would have changed at all with Maria there instead of Charlie. Charlie seemed to have better social relationships than Maria, outside of Maria and Q. Guess Charlie wouldn't have been as bitter on the jury and would have voted for Maria, so that is one vote shift.

In addition to Maria getting the extra vote from Charlie as you stated to tie it up, I think Maria would have had a better story than Charlie (mother of 3 vs [Harvard] student) and that in addition to possibly splitting the female vote would have been enough to give her the win.

She probably knows it too and is the reason why she was/is bitter towards Charlie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the weakest season in some time in terms of actual gameplay - like think about how different the game would have gone if just one of those idols got played.

But this was a messy af cast in a way I found to be pretty compelling. Shit even the Marie vote just adds to the craziness. Will remember more things about this season than any of the others in the new era.

Charlie played very well, but I also think he got too comfortable in thinking how he was able to explain his game through confessionals was going to be obvious to the jury. Was kinda too quick to say I don't need the fire.

This was a howler but the last season of both US and AUS were great Survivor so it's not all doom and gloom

I don't think I painted it in a light of being a horrible show, it's just never going to be what it used to be.

Last season of AU was entertaining (loved Feras) because of one or two decent players including the winner were any good, and the rest were goats, eccentric or made some really dumb plays.

The show is at its best when there's a couple of solid alliances, but it's just disappointing that it has to rely on factors other than good gameplay to be entraining when there's 1 or 2 decent players.

It seems like US survivor is trying to go back to the 'social' experiment' (nothing to do with being 'woke') show when it first started, but now you have a mix of people who have never played, don't know how to play, or have 20 years and 40ish seasons to draw info from. You just can't do it.

I think the conditional idols have been a great idea, but I think the 3 tribes of 6 is for the tip.

Whatever, both of you will be forgotten about within a month
I don't think I painted it in a light of being a horrible show, it's just never going to be what it used to be.

Last season of AU was entertaining (loved Feras) because of one or two decent players including the winner were any good, and the rest were goats, eccentric or made some really dumb plays.

The show is at its best when there's a couple of solid alliances, but it's just disappointing that it has to rely on factors other than good gameplay to be entraining when there's 1 or 2 decent players.

It seems like US survivor is trying to go back to the 'social' experiment' (nothing to do with being 'woke') show when it first started, but now you have a mix of people who have never played, don't know how to play, or have 20 years and 40ish seasons to draw info from. You just can't do it.

I think the conditional idols have been a great idea, but I think the 3 tribes of 6 is for the tip.

Woke is that the US version lacks a “villain” so to speak. The best seasons were always those that had a pot stirrer.

Out of interest what seasons would you consider to be the good Survivor?

For me season 45 stacks up as a good season through all Survivor

Three tribes of 6 has made for good Survivor before so wouldnt bin it immediately myself especially if they have to start with 18 players. Just need a swap or something in there early at times

Out of interest what seasons would you consider to be the good Survivor?

For me season 45 stacks up as a good season through all Survivor

Three tribes of 6 has made for good Survivor before so wouldnt bin it immediately myself especially if they have to start with 18 players. Just need a swap or something in there early at times

Fair points.

RE: Three tribes, I think if one tribe is getting smashed early, then tribe swap.

The problem with 3 tribes lately has been that making them 'have to earn everything' in the new era means that it's really easy for the losing tribe to fall further and further behind with no flint/rewards. The last 3 seasons have all had one tribe lose most of the challenges pre merge.

It took the Yanu tribe ten days I believe to earn their flint? Quite an amazing turnaround from there for Q, Tiffany and then the winner Kenzie to go as far as they did.

Even if Maria voted for Charlie, from memory that would mean Ben would then be the last member of the jury and would cast the winning vote. I’d imagine he would’ve voted for Kenzie in that scenario.

It took the Yanu tribe ten days I believe to earn their flint? Quite an amazing turnaround from there for Q, Tiffany and then the winner Kenzie to go as far as they did.

Even if Maria voted for Charlie, from memory that would mean Ben would then be the last member of the jury and would cast the winning vote. I’d imagine he would’ve voted for Kenzie in that scenario.

I would presume he votes for Charlie. Probably slightly better friends out there and they played the entire game together so knows the moves he made. He also just chose him over Kenzie to go to the end with

I would presume he votes for Charlie. Probably slightly better friends out there and they played the entire game together so knows the moves he made. He also just chose him over Kenzie to go to the end with

Yes fair thank enough, good points. I was perhaps making too much of the way she took care of him during his panic attacks etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back