Tigers 2nd 14.6kms
Crows DNP
Lions not in top 3

Yeah, right! No tank.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I stand corrected.

No idea what the reason might be then.

Its the great mystery of 2021.

Let's borrow prison bar uniforms and use them when we sing our song just to get up Eddie's nose ....... Which is huge too

Great idea. Every Club should be up for it when they defeat the Pies. Koch would come to the party and donate some of their preferred strip. Clubs would be invited to invent proper ways to honour Port in post game celebrations.

I'd love to see McDonald in for Sinkers this game. Better mobility for leads and up on the wing marks, better hands - obviously not as hard at it in the trenches.
Mclean can provide some back up ruck minutes though hopefully not on Grundy cause they'll walk it out of stoppages if that is the contest.
Hopefully Bud is better for the jog.

Heeney would obviously be a massive in. Happy to see Blakey earn it from the reserves next week, it'll be good for him to have a couple of storming games and wrack up some numbers. Stephens has to play a full game somewhere - either the 1s or 2s.

Probably leaves Hewett as the sub if fit which isn't a bad one to have at all. Can basically play anywhere and give a good account.

Need to win this one to keep the season going.

Fox can pinch hit in the ruck ? On last night he should be pinching himself because he was ****ing awful. Him and that clown Cunningham. Melbourne forwards eyes lit up every time one of them had the ball. Both would be lucky to be on another AFL list. If we are hoping to challenge for a flag in a couple of years and they are best 22 we are ******* dreaming.
Cunningham was on Kossie a fair bit of the game, no? Kossie did SFA.
Well done Cunningham.

Blakey to ruck!
Please no. The last thing his skinny frame needs is to banged around all game by someone with 15kgs more muscle. 3-4 times a game as a change-up can work, but other than that....
Hope he plays in the 2s and has 25 disposals and 3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just thrash this lot for freaking once!! Every time they're playing awful we get dragged down to their level and it drives me nuts.

Time to clear the board and wipe them out with a good & proper % booster and not get freaking beaten by them when their form is putrid.
Warner to tag Pendles and then run off him sounds like a plan.

Fox can pinch hit in the ruck ? On last night he should be pinching himself because he was ****ing awful. Him and that clown Cunningham. Melbourne forwards eyes lit up every time one of them had the ball. Both would be lucky to be on another AFL list. If we are hoping to challenge for a flag in a couple of years and they are best 22 we are ******* dreaming.

Fox had a pretty ordniary first half with the ball, but he was good in the second.

you can have a look at all his touches here, if you’re that way inclined. Other than a few mistakes in the first half, they weren’t terrible.

Last edited:
Moving on from the Autopsy.

A 2 ruck policy isn't as important for the pies.
It will be Grundy and a potato.

I enjoyed Blakeys ruck work before he got injured. Has some leap.
It's actually certain to be your very own Darcy Cameron who has played well the last 2 weeks with strong marking and goals. At this stage he is keeping Cox out of the side and I fail to see Cox playing against the Swans unless the Pies decide to go with all 3 ruckmen.

It's actually certain to be your very own Darcy Cameron who has played well the last 2 weeks with strong marking and goals. At this stage he is keeping Cox out of the side and I fail to see Cox playing against the Swans unless the Pies decide to go with all 3 ruckmen.
Own?
He's from WA and barely played for the swans 1sts..

I don't rate him.

I'd love to see McDonald in for Sinkers this game. Better mobility for leads and up on the wing marks, better hands - obviously not as hard at it in the trenches.
Mclean can provide some back up ruck minutes though hopefully not on Grundy cause they'll walk it out of stoppages if that is the contest.
Hopefully Bud is better for the jog.

Heeney would obviously be a massive in. Happy to see Blakey earn it from the reserves next week, it'll be good for him to have a couple of storming games and wrack up some numbers. Stephens has to play a full game somewhere - either the 1s or 2s.

Probably leaves Hewett as the sub if fit which isn't a bad one to have at all. Can basically play anywhere and give a good account.

Need to win this one to keep the season going.
Sinclair wont be omitted until Sam Reid is in. Not a chance.

And with Blakey I feel like him being in the side could've been the difference v Melbourne. We were missing that extra quick streaming forward when coming out of half back. Not only his impact in isolation, but also giving the chance to free up wicks and gulden to be more damaging. Those two were taken out of the game too easily because they were the only ones Melbourne needed to worry about in that sense.

Sinclair wont be omitted until Sam Reid is in. Not a chance.
I’m not so sure.
In his presser, Horse seemed to indicate that the 3 (slow) talls did not work.

Buddy won’t be dropped unless injured or managed.
McDonald very likely to come back in (simply because youth is the one element that has consistently worked this year) but won’t be rucking.

Which leaves Sinclair and McLean.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he keeps McLean and has him rucking.

It's getting a bit tough to settle on a best 22 once we have some players back. Good players getting squeezed out, which is a good thing.

To me, Fox did enough to get another run - I assume we view him as a core member of the back 6 when fit. I think that's right for now, but he will be looking over his shoulder. I assume Heeney will miss again, which makes selection a bit easier. Not sure about Hewett - I know he's a favourite on here, but I don't really think there's a spot for him with Fox back. Blakey would add a bit of spark but I'm fine with him as the sub.

I love Errol but since the first couple of games, he's not had much impact. Give him a rest for either Campbell or Stephens. Sinclair has to go for McDonald preferably, but I doubt they drop him. Buddy on form shouldn't be picked, but if he's fit I guess he has to be there. I agree with others though that we look better without him.

Definitely a game we should win, definitely a game we can lose (like any).

Bring the effort from the weekend, with a bit more composure and some better forward structure, and we'll be tough to stop.

Like others I feel like playing 3 slow key forwards didn't help in getting separation and providing chase/tackle pressure outside the F50 and into the midfield (great effort from some of our small fwds in that regard, particularly in the F50). Buddy will hopefully improve with more games, potentially brought back a week too early. McLean stays in as long as he keeps up the effort and impacts the scoreboard/provides a contest - definitely while Reid is out and McDonald doesn't force his way in. Not alone in suggesting Sinclair is the one to go.

Of the auto-INs when fit, I'd say Heeney and Hewett are locks (the latter just not as a defender). Reid for that backup ruck (assuming Sinclair out), though McLean is doing his best to provide a lead up option/contest which Reid was doing well.

Hard to find any easy outs, other than Sinclair if there's a replacement - Hayward, Wicks and Gulden all had their poor moments from a composure perspective, but pop up with important marks, goals or provide tackling and pressure (the latter two in particular). Still, I'd take Heeney over Hayward if he's fit, and Hewett in if we can find a midfield or half forward role for him (he's easily best 22 imo), though might just have to wait a bit longer.

As with others, would be great to see Campbell, McDonald, Stephens given another crack, but hard to squeeze in.

Gulden is still an elite kick.

He's the guy that needs to be delivering the ball into fwd 50

Ideally yes, but he seems to be slightly off the pace the last few games. Not much clean possession and seems to be falling off a few tackles. Is around the action at times, but just a step away from impacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back