Preview Sydney Swans vs St Kilda, Saturday August 7th 7:40 pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we to take pride in Qatar Airways?

I wish we could afford to flick them as a sponsor. I know it's a lost cause but I'd really like sponsors to clearly represent the clubs views and personality.

I'm not who completely gels with Sydney but i can offer a few synergies between port-a-loos and certain vic clubs

Are we to take pride in Qatar Airways?

Well the afl and by extension it’s clubs are all hypocrites really let’s be real

This is all a business that’s reality

That’s when they involve themselves in political and social causes it can be a bit tricky really

I mean the afl being arbiters of social consciousness is a bit ridiculous

This is the only time I'll say it, because I imagine it will rub a few the wrong way.

I don't like introducing different colours to the jumper (even the black swan, although the black is a lot easier on the eyes). I especially find the pride colours on the jumper gaudy.
I would rather have a slogan in red and white, or something of that nature, because adding colours just feels trite for clubs atm.

Anyway, I hope it means a lot to the pride community because it'll make the eyesore more bearable if someone is encouraged by it.

Note: This opinion is purely about adding colours onto a teams jumper, nothing to do with the groups the colours represent.

The white with red V should be our default jumper. Looks bloody fantastic.

Out : Bell (4 disposals 1 tackle) and litany of average games.
In : Warner

Tries real hard and I like his physical attack on the man and ball but has had alot of trouble finding the footy. That is why he will go. Which raises the question why the hell plenty on here wanted to play Ronke before his last debacle. He simply can't get a kick.

Tries real hard and I like his physical attack on the man and ball but has had alot of trouble finding the footy. That is why he will go. Which raises the question why the hell plenty on here wanted to play Ronke before his last debacle. He simply can't get a kick.

Looking at their career averages Ronke beats Bell in most stats and since he has shown the ability to play at a high level, all be it not often enough, it seems to be a no brainer that people may have wanted him to replace Bell as he as never gotten close to Ronke's peak.

Compare.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at their career averages Ronke beats Bell in most stats and since he has shown the ability to play at a high level, all be it not often enough, it seems to be a no brainer that people may have wanted him to replace Bell as he as never gotten close to Ronke's peak.

View attachment 1194308
Mate with the greatest respect I judge with my eyes not numbers. Ronke could not get a kick in a stampede of Brumbies. Ronke's peak was reached in one game. He has barely touched it in every other game he has played. I'm not campaigning for Bell I am simply saying if people want him out based on his lack of ability to find the footy Ronke should never be mentioned around here again. He should be delisted just as people have been saying about Bell the last 2 years. We have enough pressure small forwards anyway.

Those calling for Reid to be replaced got a master class in why he is crucially important to our set-up.

Was able to slot back into playing the kick behind the play when needed, which slows the opposition’s ball movement as they look to go around him or shorter. That then gives us the opportunity to turn the ball over higher up the field.

Took a couple of telling marks in the last quarter and bought the ball to the ground to our advantage.

He could have 5 possession games and not kick a goal and he would be one of the first picked. His importance is to the team structure is crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree with all you say. Sam also clearly our best chop out ruck option. Those wanting him out, or even those thinking his position is shaky, really have no idea about their own team

Well the afl and by extension it’s clubs are all hypocrites really let’s be real

This is all a business that’s reality

That’s when they involve themselves in political and social causes it can be a bit tricky really

I mean the afl being arbiters of social consciousness is a bit ridiculous

its hypocrisy that annoys me the most. sure, pick your causes you want to support but then dont make money by doing or supporting the exact opposite.

id actually respect the afl and its clubs more if they admitted they did it for money. not alot mind you, but a teensy bit.

Mate with the greatest respect I judge with my eyes not numbers. Ronke could not get a kick in a stampede of Brumbies. Ronke's peak was reached in one game. He has barely touched it in every other game he has played. I'm not campaigning for Bell I am simply saying if people want him out based on his lack of ability to find the footy Ronke should never be mentioned around here again. He should be delisted just as people have been saying about Bell the last 2 years. We have enough pressure small forwards anyway.

Come on this is the internet you're not meant to be respectful you're meant to be belligerent, at least i think thats how it works ;)

Honestly I was just providing a reason why people might want to see Ronke in over Bell but just to correct you he has also kicked a bag of 5 and kicked 2 goals in 7 other matches which isnt nothing. I think he suffers because those 2 bags altered people's expectations of him and when he fell away in 2019 he became an easy target but he has been injured a lot and hasnt got the benefit of the doubt that many other players would have been afforded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back