T20 World Cup Day 16 31/10. Australia v Ireland 1830hrs @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Big question who was captain after Finch come off,Maxwell seem to be setting the field but perhaps Wade.And the 3 players off with injuries is a worry.

Wade and Warner were sort of joint leading the side

England would be able to get a maximum of 5 points, we'd just need to beat Afghanistan
I still think its advantage to England to qualify for the semis from here.

Its likely to come down to Net Run rate to decide the top 2 spots.

NZs NRR is vastly superior. There is the danger NZ now play tomorrows game to protect their NRR.

A narrow NZ win over England, doesnt mean Australia have their tickets booked to the semis from my calculations.

There is also a strong likelhood England will smash Sri Lanka, and they have the advantage of playing last over Australia.
Australia is a game in front of England right now... so yes a NZ win ends them unless we lose to Afghanistan... which won't happen

He shouldn't have taken a single off the last ball of the previous over to get Tucker back on strike, even a D grade club no.11 should know that.
was thinking same thing

45 off 18 not impossible, with Tucker , the best hitter on strike .

Ireland not at the same level in terms of clutch match day experience, that will come with time and getting more exposure to these kind of games.

I still think its advantage to England to qualify for the semis from here.

Its likely to come down to Net Run rate to decide the top 2 spots.

NZs NRR is vastly superior. There is the danger NZ now play tomorrows game to protect their NRR.

Just have to barrack for NZ tomorrow, they're a quality team who are every chance to beat England. If we get through it would feel a tad undeserving, we've been underwhelming to say the least. Not taking anything away from Ireland as I thought Tucker was great but to have them score 137 after having them 5/25 shows a lack of killer instinct.

Its pathetic when you should have won by close to 120 and as a result of that, if England win tomorrow and our campaign is over.
Could see Aussies generally worried when Ireland got the target under 80 runs.

It was a win but in the context of the World Cup, it felt like a mini loss.

If that chase to Ireland 100 times at the GABBA, atleast they chance that 15 times out of 100 .

The experience would have done them better and they can be proud of their World Cup.

I know you haven’t meant it to be I
Can absolutely appreciate the sentiment but they’re probably at the point where that’s a patronising sort of statement.

In the white ball formats they’re at least 50-50 against everyone outside of Australia, India, England, NZ and SA and they have already shown they can beat England.

Coming away with a qualification to the group stage and a win over an established nation is good but they’re a strong enough and talented enough side to be aiming higher (actually ACHIEVING more is another question but aiming at it isn’t unreasonable)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you haven’t meant it to be I
Can absolutely appreciate the sentiment but they’re probably at the point where that’s a patronising sort of statement.

In the white ball formats they’re at least 50-50 against everyone outside of Australia, India, England, NZ and SA and they have already shown they can beat England.

Coming away with a qualification to the group stage and a win over an established nation is good but they’re a strong enough and talented enough side to be aiming higher (actually ACHIEVING more is another question but aiming at it isn’t unreasonable)
I think after failing to qualify for main stages in UAE in 2021, this is a step in the right direction.

Im just hoping more established nations will be willing to give them opportunity but I doubt it when money talks eg tv rights, richer boards.

They should be pushing for more in 2024 in the USA/West Indies. This is a side with the right luck on the day that should be pushing for the Quarter Finals (top 8 nations in the world)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back