Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
8 of your total 30 posts have been how you think that Thomas' victim is just trying to defame him. Weird hill to die on after North had given him more than enough chances, he had failed numerous attempts at even showing respect for women and then cut the bloke despite desperately needing someone with the footballing ability that he has.

I'm putting it out there as its a situation well walked by many.

Correct as it happens.
He wouldn’t have been kicked out of North if the allegations were fabricated.

They bent over backwards to try and keep him on their list but he kept up his behaviour.

He wouldn’t have been kicked out of North if the allegations were fabricated.

They bent over backwards to try and keep him on their list but he kept up his behaviour.

I'm not suggesting all are fabricated. I'm simply raising the point that this isn't all one way now.

As I've posted I have no idea just putting it out there.
I think people question your motivation for doing so when talking about a repeat offender

Innocent until proven guilty etc etc but when there's a clear and proven pattern of highly inappropriate conduct towards women (to put it diplomatically) along with numerous off-field issues (also proven), I don't think you can blame anyone for thinking that maybe we should take steps to deregister the person from the AFL.

Is there any chance at all and I don't know either way. The police do know all thats going on but a lot is fabricated to defame Thomas. I this why police haven't laid charges?

It does happen.
For Thomas to be sacked, there would have to evidence otherwise he could very rightfully sue the AFL. He hasn’t. He didn’t even dispute the ban.

We also have to take all complaints seriously whilst affording a proper investigation that determines definitive outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Thomas to be sacked, there would have to evidence otherwise he could very rightfully sue the AFL. He hasn’t. He didn’t even dispute the ban.

We also have to take all complaints seriously whilst affording a proper investigation that determines definitive outcomes.

Yes The first instance yes. Im asking now

Bloke is in the last chance saloon fighting for his career to get another chance, and looked likely to get one through Essendon or Geelong. And can’t even moderate his behaviour for that short time. Crazy to think any club is seriously considering this guy. Essendon and Geelong supporters should be writing to their club to express their extreme displeasure.
He likely blames her for all his problems and all his actions. Always 'provoked' or 'pushed'.
It's hard to fathom, but some people are incapable of self reflection.

FTFY

So the same woman, who is now reporting harrassment again and would have evidence (calls from Thomas) is just making this up now for the fun of it?
Surely you can realise how ridiculous that sounds.
I don’t think they can or anyone else hoping Tarryn is some persecuted do-gooder who just needs to return to an AFL list and save the game.

Unbelievable. But eminently unsurprising

Still keen, no doubt CharacterFirst? The magic restorative power of the Geelong Football Club to swoop in?
I see no reason not to give it a try.

Of course there maybe more we don't know, but the couple of articles from the last few days haven't added anything we didn't already know.

He needs help, and Geelong are best placed re football to provide the support.

Maybe it won't work out, but I genuinely hope it does.

Because Stengle was caught drink driving and then caught in possession with drugs, both violated his playing contract, he was instantly terminated. He wasn't suspended by the AFL.

Thomas hasn't violated his playing contract, he's currently serving an 18 week AFL suspension and remains a listed AFL player.

Theoretically, he could play for North following this if it was for other reasons.

Now North have "sacked him", but that is wording from the media rather than having any legal grounding. He's simply been told he's not welcome at the club until his playing contract ceases in November. Hence the financial settlement.

Now, I believe his management is seeking a termination and financial settlement, as it makes him a delisted free agent instantly. Any reduction in his 2024 wage, might be contingent on an early termination.

The time taken to review Thomas suspension, was mainly completed by the AFL's legal council. They clearly determined they couldn't terminate him, only suspend him

I don't have an article, but it's been confirmed in media/podcasts etc multiple times that we don't have a list spot for him. In all the current MSD list spots released by the AFL, we have 2 open MSD picks which list the spot they are replacing (Goater and CCJ ~ Not Thomas).

If the AFL deem him free to play in 2025 and there's concrete offers from rival clubs, it will be interesting to see North's position, as he's not a DFA until he is terminated. Theoretically he could be sent to the PSD.

Stengle wasn’t instantly terminated. Far from it. The AFL provided a 4 game suspension but Adelaide brains trust wanted to add the rest of the year to it. We wanted to sack him but couldn’t, so we paid out his contract and delisted him allowing him to nominate for MSD. The process took months, nothing about it was instant.

He needs help, and Geelong are best placed re football to provide the support.
He got help. He rejected it. Time for him to move on to the mental health system instead of clinging on to a dead career.

but only, and I stress ONLY, if it benefits the Geelong Footy Club and it's a minor matter, like domestic violence perpetration. Not something actually serious like taking drugs to kick a footy better
Nah. Happy for any club to support TT.

He is a young indigenous man, from a difficult background, who has made many mistakes.

He continues to struggle and my hope for him would be he is guided and nurtured to be an up standing citizen.

It may not be possible. Geelong seem best placed. I am happy for them to give it a try if they think they can help. And I hope he has a great footy future.

He got help. He rejected it. Time for him to move on to the mental health system instead of clinging on to a dead career.
Possibly.

We don't know enough about all the inside info.

If there is hope for him, I would trust Geelong to have a go re footy, support, role models, playing future, rehabilitation, character development.

Nah. Happy for any club to support TT.

He is a young indigenous man, from a difficult background, who has made many mistakes.

He continues to struggle and my hope for him would be he is guided and nurtured to be an up standing citizen.

It may not be possible. Geelong seem best placed. I am happy for them to give it a try if they think they can help. And I hope he has a great footy future.
Irrelevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back