Banter The 2016 NFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

With all due respect, what do you guys like about the NFL?

I've tried watching and it is just way too slow and boring. Maybe it's just me but I find it horrible as a spectator sport.

I was the same for a long time. Like soccer, I thought it's a great highlights sport but boring to watch a full game. But it clicked for me one day for absolutely no reason. It's very strategic and tactical which I appreciate and kind of enjoy though understand very little of and the highlights are spectacular. So I enjoy watching it but can't give you a definitive reason as to why it's good to watch.

Me: man steelers are looking good with Leveon on fire!!!
~lose away games~
~ Big Ben goes down for 426...let's face it, if he played for melbourne he'd have question questioning if he was still alive...~

I've tried watching and it is just way too slow and boring. Maybe it's just me but I find it horrible as a spectator sport.

I'm a season ticket holder to the Winnipeg team in Canada and I gotta say the amount of time they spend doing gimmicks or telling the crowd to make noise is insane
You never have to tell an AFL crowd to make noise because the game itself is so engrossing
Live at the ground you do appreciate the work of the quarterback

I was a bit the same. Then years back I was in the US for 8 weeks during the nfl season. So i bought tickets to go to a San Francisco game on about the 4th day I was there. Then I was into for the next 8 weeks non stop as it would be all over the tvs and constantly in bars. By the time I got back to Australia I was hooked

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

And may I say a hearty hello to A11dAtP0w3R and a massive you're s**t to his Cardiac Cats

takes a supporter of shithouse team to recognise another....

pretty sure we had 7 points on the board against Arizona within 5 minutes, you shitstains couldnt even muster 7 points in 4 quarters of regulation PLUS OT. Your entire division is a blight on the comp.

Seattle = A Newer, worse version of the Rams. :$

Falcons, yessssssss.

Enjoy it while it lasts, its getting awfully close to December and January now, that special time of the year when Matt Ryan and Tony Romo suddenly feel expectation and proceed to s**t to bed.

Falcons dont have a choice they have to ride Ryan off the cliff cause they have no one else but if Jerry Jones brings back Romo after how well Prescott has played this year they are dead set *ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy it while it lasts, its getting awfully close to December and January now, that special time of the year when Matt Ryan and Tony Romo suddenly feel expectation and proceed to s**t to bed.

Falcons dont have a choice they have to ride Ryan off the cliff cause they have no one else but if Jerry Jones brings back Romo after how well Prescott has played this year they are dead set ******ed.

Falcons have been better than I expected so far but fully expecting they'll be hope shatterers when business time comes just like nearly every other team I support. Still, I'll enjoy it while it lasts and suspect that is more than what you've got to hand on to. For now...

Falcons have been better than I expected so far but fully expecting they'll be hope shatterers when business time comes just like nearly every other team I support. Still, I'll enjoy it while it lasts and suspect that is more than what you've got to hand on to. For now...

We are gone for sure, the win yesterday was nothing, our defense is still pathetic. First game we have had a decent pass rush all year, it says more about the Cardinals OLine than it does anything else.

Freeman and Coleman staying healthy is vital (both injury prone). When Ryan has to/tries to do too much is when it all comes unstuck. If your RB's can stay upright youre a chance of going to the SB in a very weak conference this year (and then getting your arse handed to you by the Pats in the SB :p )

We are gone for sure, the win yesterday was nothing, our defense is still pathetic. First game we have had a decent pass rush all year, it says more about the Cardinals OLine than it does anything else.

Freeman and Coleman staying healthy is vital (both injury prone). When Ryan has to/tries to do too much is when it all comes unstuck. If your RB's can stay upright youre a chance of going to the SB in a very weak conference this year (and then getting your arse handed to you by the Pats in the SB :p )

Would be content with that - at least until the SB loss then would be shattered and pissed off! Hopefully can then attract some defensive talent on and/or off field to be a better rounded team next year.

Used to hate it when i was younger but that was only cause i was too lazy to learn all the rules strategy and nuances. Once you know the game its a fantastic watch. So many nail biters every week.

Took me losing my Sonics to OKC in the NBA to decide to get into it, needed an american sport to fill the void and baseball wasnt going to cut it.

Playstation2 decided my team (first team i beat a mate with on Madden was Carolina)....would have just been easier if i had just said im going for Seahawks since i went for Sonics, i would have supported one team in my life that has won a premiership/championship by now. :'(:'(

im batting 0/34 on my life. Death has been heavily backed into $2.20 now, seeing one premiership has blown all the way out to $1.80

Would be content with that - at least until the SB loss then would be shattered and pissed off! Hopefully can then attract some defensive talent on and/or off field to be a better rounded team next year.

Unfortunately when you make it to SB you have to pay the guys you have also.

Your D is getting better slowly, its much better than it was last year, ive loved what ive seen from Keanu Neal, think he could nearly win defensive rookie of the year if he maintains the form of the past month. Beasley is getting there, although perhaps a bit slower than they had hoped. Trufant is an out and out gun, i think he is one of the top two CB's in the NFL, you better re-sign him, dont be dumb like Carolina and let him walk like we did Norman. Draft another DE next year to go with Beasley and youve got the makings of quality D for the next 5-6 years.

Playstation2 decided my team (first team i beat a mate with on Madden was Carolina)....would have just been easier if i had just said im going for Seahawks since i went for Sonics, i would have supported one team in my life that has won a premiership/championship by now. :'(:'(

More or less the same way I picked the Falcons. Used to run the same short throw play to Jamal Anderson over and over again, a few spin moves running down field for a touchdown and the Dirty Bird.

If I were starting again, I'd probably be either a Seahawk, Raven or Jaguar. Pretty much, I'm a glutton for punishment. :(

Used to hate it when i was younger but that was only cause i was too lazy to learn all the rules strategy and nuances. Once you know the game its a fantastic watch. So many nail biters every week.

Took me losing my Sonics to OKC in the NBA to decide to get into it, needed an american sport to fill the void and baseball wasnt going to cut it.

im batting 0/34 on my life. Death has been heavily backed into $2.20 now, seeing one premiership has blown all the way out to $1.80

Sega Mega Drive for me haha - Madden 98.

My older cousin wanted my road rash game and convinced me that Madden was a sick game (even though I had no idea what NFL was). So we traded and Ive been hooked ever since.

Patriots colours = demons colours. Sold

Jets fan checking in. Don't feel bad for me guys, I'm used to mediocrity as a sports fan :p

Edit: Though not in the NBA, yeahh boii (inb4 bandwagoner)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back