The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he hit 100 runs at a run a ball with the bat when he came in at 3-12 on day one of the match.

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it

Green outscores he him for the match, came in in just as bad circumstances.

Won the game with the ball though.

Not a terrible decision but Green edged him imo, England were favorites a few hours ago until the Green triple strike.

Lol what a pathetic replica urn

Thought Cam Green with 97 runs and 4 wickets would have been awarded player of match. Head is a fair choice as player of the series.

Thought he might be a chance but oh well.

Basically brought the game back from the brink with those 3 wickets.

He’s an excellent bowler, that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of Head, Green, Boland, Starc and Cummins would've been a worthy MOTS. Despite the pitiful opposition, it was an all-round team effort with no one really carrying the side in any way. Head is a worthy winner and it's disappointing, but not surprising, that some (a very small minority mind you) have an issue with it.

English press is gonna have a field day
Gunna have a lot of podcasts to listen to, Botham has just called them gutless, me old teammate Tom “the Pom” Harrison is going to have his work cut out holding his job, let alone fixing the mess that he’s created

Day three crowd of 8088, definitly disappointing crowds when you consider the first three days sold out within hours at a capacity of 14000,Covid unfortunately had the final say on the attendance. I just hope Cricket Australia looks at the presales for this game and not the desimated crowd numbers due to Covid hitting Tassie in recent weeks.

Day three crowd of 8088, definitly disappointing crowds when you consider the first three days sold out within hours at a capacity of 14000,Covid unfortunately had the final say on the attendance. I just hope Cricket Australia looks at the presales for this game and not the desimated crowd numbers due to Covid hitting Tassie in recent weeks.
Sold tickets (for three days) remain sold. I expect they will look at the revenue. And then expand the BBL instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back