The Changing Face Of The Premiership Favourite

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Collingwoods Premiership ... Port "Could" Challenge them at the adelaide oval in a few weeks.

But... Come September thats a different story

Port Adelaide will not defeat Collingwood in Melbourne on grand final day they will have the "MCG home ground advantage"
and will also have 90% of the crowd on there side.

Nah, we are hated as a club and the threat of going to 16 will be too much for the Carlton and Essendon supporters, so there’s at least 15% already against them.

Having said that, there are some likable characters at the club and their fast and exciting style of play will have more barracking for them should they make it, than in previous years.

Let’s see how it plays out…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, we are hated as a club and the threat of going to 16 will be too much for the Carlton and Essendon supporters, so there’s at least 15% already against them.

Having said that, there are some likable characters at the club and their fast and exciting style of play will have more barracking for them should they make it, than in previous years.

Let’s see how it plays out…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are at most now 4 supporter bases who hate Collingwood. And it's mostly just the tiresome "big club" debate that drives it. Piped up more recently because Richmond became relevant for a few years and are the most antagonist/insecure of all supporter bases.

This is a joke right? That 2011 team would beat any team in the current comp by a minimum 6 goals, and that's being lenient.
We lost in 2011 as the press got worked out by the slingshot. Look at how what was essentially the 2011 team got destroyed in the 2012 prelim by Sydney's fast ball movement over the press. What the 2023 team is doing is like the slingshot on steroids, the 2011 team wouldnt know what hit them.

We lost in 2011 as the press got worked out by the slingshot. Look at how what was essentially the 2011 team got destroyed in the 2012 prelim by Sydney's fast ball movement over the press. What the 2023 team is doing is like the slingshot on steroids, the 2011 team wouldnt know what hit them.
It’ll be awesome when computing/machine learning gets to the level that you can train it on all the games played/tactics/stats by teams of different eras, and it will be able to render out photorealistic games to settle these debates once and for all.

2023 Collingwood would trounce the 2011 Collingwood.
Interesting assessment.

That 2011 Collingwood team is the best Collingwood team I have ever seen assembled.

I did say earlier this year that this current team has the potential to take the #3 ranking after 2011 and 2010, so we'll see how it goes...

Collingwood and Port would make for the best Grand Final. It’s both their spots to lose after pretty much locking in a top two spot.

Collingwood and Port would make for the best Grand Final. It’s both their spots to lose after pretty much locking in a top two spot.
Looks like it.
Brisbane are 2 games and percentage behind with a guaranteed loss next week at the MCG.

Almost better off Collingwood finishing 2nd so they play Brisbane at the MCG. If Melbourne stays in 4th or Geelong gets on a roll and finish 4th... A much harder assignment for the pies

Looks like it.
Brisbane are 2 games and percentage behind with a guaranteed loss next week at the MCG.

Almost better off Collingwood finishing 2nd so they play Brisbane at the MCG. If Melbourne stays in 4th or Geelong gets on a roll and finish 4th... A much harder assignment for the pies
Agree. All needs to go right for Melbourne and Geelong but if either can snare a home qualifier against Collingwood then they are in with a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can guarantee you one thing - a side pushing for a flag will NOT be trying to manipulate their ladder position in an effort to play a certain side in the Qualifying Final.

If Melbourne or Geelong are going to finish 4th, Collingwood likely either play them in the Qualifying Final or the Preliminary Final - it doesn't really make a difference, we're going to need to beat them at some stage...

In that dude's opinion? You've won nothing yet and not played us since we became a markedly different team post the showdown loss and won the 13 games since to have the best form line in the comp. Keep building yourself up there, I'm sure it will help when you choke a Prelim

Looks like it.

Brisbane aren’t behind on percentage. They’re significantly ahead of Port as it stands and the difference between Lions and Pies is only 4%, which if Collingwood lost 2 games would almost definitely be overcome.

Looks like it.

I agree would much rather play Brisbane at the MCG than Melbourne however I can't see us manipulating results so we do finish 2nd. It's pretty likely that if Port and Collingwood finish top 2, they will play both Melbourne and Brisbane in QFs and PFs at home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back