Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would bloody well want to make the 8 this year with the start we had, the draw we have been dealt, and the fact that
The competition is so even that luckily our rivals will drop games at will!

But looking at Geel...GWS...Coll and even Adel last week, we have heaps of work to do to bridge the gap
Between genuine contenders and the pretenders!

Only took two loses for the universe to collapse.
Honestly it's starting to get so monotonously boring.

I mean what good does it do to get on here and heap shit on the club day in day out.

If you told any St.Kilda supporter that after a 4 win season we'd be 4-3 at the end of Round 7, with losses to Fremantle in Perth, Adelaide and GWS with a large chunk of our best players out, then you would take it every day of the week.

It's almost laughable the negativity on here sometimes. Short memory is an understatement.

We've lost games against good opposition, but we've also beaten good opposition. These three weeks (GWS, West Coast, Collingwood) we aren't expected to win them anyway, yet even knowing this people still go off about how we need a complete overhaul.

We need to win 9 more games from a possible 15, and the back half of our year we have Carlton TWICE, Port in China (complete 50-50), Gold Coast, Brisbane at home, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, Fremantle at home, and Sydney.

10 winnable games there. But we'll disregard the rest of the season because we lost a game against a top four side interstate with many of our best players out. Makes sense...

No idea how some of you think we won't make the eight this year.
Because we all have different opinions
We have a of heap injuries
Our list is not great and lacks depth
Very average midfield
Very young list that will tire out as the season goes on (9 players with less than 20 games yesterday)
Many reasons imo
I have been pretty consistent that i didnt think we would make finals this year

No idea how some of you think we won't make the eight this year.

We should but the injuries keep coming, at some point we'll be using top ups from the Ammos.

I mean what good does it do to get on here and heap **** on the club day in day out.

If you told any St.Kilda supporter that after a 4 win season we'd be 4-3 at the end of Round 7, with losses to Fremantle in Perth, Adelaide and GWS with a large chunk of our best players out, then you would take it every day of the week.

It's almost laughable the negativity on here sometimes. Short memory is an understatement.

We've lost games against good opposition, but we've also beaten good opposition. These three weeks (GWS, West Coast, Collingwood) we aren't expected to win them anyway, yet even knowing this people still go off about how we need a complete overhaul.

We need to win 9 more games from a possible 15, and the back half of our year we have Carlton TWICE, Port in China (complete 50-50), Gold Coast, Brisbane at home, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, Fremantle at home, and Sydney.

10 winnable games there. But we'll disregard the rest of the season because we lost a game against a top four side interstate with many of our best players out. Makes sense...

People are blue balling for success, my Carlton supporter brother is the same, he's losing his shit about everything, even when they get a rare win he hates them. My Richmond mates were the biggest club baggers ever, the year before their premiership they wanted everyone from Riewoldt to Gale sacked, Melbourne mates the same and back there again. While we are frustrated we will act like **** wits. When the club wins we will be back up and about and acting like flogs about how superior to every other side we are.

It's just how supporting AFL works.

I mean what good does it do to get on here and heap **** on the club day in day out.

Blame Drake Huggins because he hasn’t posted a “Reasons to be Cheerful” Part 3 yet.

Because we all have different opinions
We have a heap injuries
Our list is not great and lacks depth
Very average midfield
Very young list that will tire out as the season goes on (9 players with less than 20 games yesterday)
Many reasons imo
I have been pretty consistent that i didnt think we would make finals this year
I get it mate, everyone has opinions. Doesn't mean that I can't call it out if there's a consistent theme of negativity though - most of the time unnecessary. I generally have positive opinions about the club, but I don't post positively every waking moment because there's no need, similarly those with differing views don't need to tell us how badly we're going either because most of it (on either end of the spectrum) is over the top nonsense anyway and very emotive. Fact of the matter is that we've won more than we've lost so far this year and that is with mostly a large injury list and injuries to key players. So to say we won't make the eight because of our injuries doesn't quite hold up because we've done incredibly well. Guys like Battle and Wilkie have held down our defense extraordinarily well, and the pressure we've prided ourselves on is back this year. Long and Parker two notables in that area.

I don't think our list will tire at all. You'd be right if the squad we fielded on the weekend plays out the rest of the year, but that's not the case. We have guys in the reserves who have shown promise that will be getting games. Guys coming back from injury or illness like Hannebery Geary Carlisle Steven King and Lonie will all be back into the side. In fact I think because of this we will actually finish the season strongly, given they will be fresh and we can attack an easier draw with a better side out there.

I didn't think we'd make finals this year either but that was before the season started without any knowledge of how we would go against opposition. And so far we've been more than capable. We've won games against good opposition, and overall this year has been heading in the right direction, I just think it's funny that after a bad loss (and expected loss too mind you) people completely lose it. Yes we were no good on the weekend but you said it yourself, we had 9 players with less than 20 games. There's plenty of reasons for that, and yes the rebuild hasn't gone exactly to plan. But that's life. To stay positive doesn't mean that I don't share the same frustrations as other supporters do. That third quarter on the weekend was an absolute nightmare to watch and I too want us to start moving back up the ladder. But after you take a day or two you realise we weren't much of a chance to begin with for a whole number of reasons and I only need to look back on how impressive we were in our wins to realise that we are never as bad as you think we are and we are never as good as I think we are. We are somewhere in the middle. Our best is good enough and I'm confident we'll bring our best more often than not this year. I am actually looking forward to the challenge the boys face in the upcoming weeks, and despite most I think we are a chance against the Eagles. If we go to the bye sitting just inside or outside the eight people should be optimistic. It gives us a great launching pad to attack the second half of the year.

To be completely honest we've lost against teams we thought we'd lose to. And we've beaten teams we thought we'd lose to. So overall we've exceeded expectation generally.

We should but the injuries keep coming, at some point we'll be using top ups from the Ammos.
Hannebery and Carlisle will be back in the second half of the year, as will potentially Steven and Geary. Throw Clavarino and Lonie into that as well. Not to mention Max King who will get games and potentially make life a bit easier for our forwards.

So you couple that with an evident change in gameplan that better suits us and a strong start to the year and favourable fixture for the second half of the year and it's easy to think we can make the eight.

People are blue balling for success, my Carlton supporter brother is the same, he's losing his **** about everything, even when they get a rare win he hates them. My Richmond mates were the biggest club baggers ever, the year before their premiership they wanted everyone from Riewoldt to Gale sacked, Melbourne mates the same and back there again. While we are frustrated we will act like **** wits. When the club wins we will be back up and about and acting like flogs about how superior to every other side we are.

It's just how supporting AFL works.
Sure if you want to act like that immediately after a win or loss, but days and weeks after? Either you refuse to see the positives or you have an agenda, no other reason for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure if you want to act like that immediately after a win or loss, but days and weeks after? Either you refuse to see the positives or you have an agenda, no other reason for it.

No agenda, just find it hard to deal with the frustration, it's like a relationship that's on and off so many times you can't get a read on where we are at. I think we're good, then I think we are terrible, then okay, then awful, then hopeless, then great again and so the cycle continues. Until we start to regularly play winning footy the side will frustrate some fans and they will vent.

It sucks for those who are more able to regulate their passion but for some of us it's like a Tourette's like reaction. I need to let the world know how much the club has disappointed me. It's kind of like getting diarrhoea and shitting on people from a bridge but I can't help myself.

No agenda, just find it hard to deal with the frustration, it's like a relationship that's on and off so many times you can't get a read on where we are at. I think we're good, then I think we are terrible, then okay, then awful, then hopeless, then great again and so the cycle continues. Until we start to regularly play winning footy the side will frustrate some fans and they will vent.

It sucks for those who are more able to regulate their passion but for some of us it's like a Tourette's like reaction. I need to let the world know how much the club has disappointed me. It's kind of like getting diarrhoea and shitting on people from a bridge but I can't help myself.
Yesterday was also especially frustrating during the 2nd and 3rd quarters watching aaaall the wasted opportunities. I haven't been that irritated at the footy since the Norf Rd 2 game last year...

Will be more careful walking under bridges from now on

That last analogy is exquisite.

Saluted.

After 30 odd years supporting the Saints I would've thought many here would be able to deal with it by now.

After 30 odd years supporting the Saints I would've thought many here would be able to deal with it by now.

You would think so but somehow the guys who have seen the success are better able to cope with the small frustrations. Richmond mates are like zen masters now they aren't shit any more, before they made me look like the Dalai Lama. Dogs mates the same, they have no passion in their pissed off-ness.

It's like a 60 year case of blue balls, if anything the lack of success makes us even worse.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”

Andy Dufresne - Shawshank Redemption.

But when your hopes are raised, then dashed, then raised and dashed again, it makes it difficult to keep your emotions in check.”

Diehard Saint - Big Footy

;)

Last edited:
Who are the options to be head coach?
I’m taking a more fatalistic view on our club at the moment & do not think changing the head coach changes much at all. Cho, Rats or Horse next year, we are still stuffed in the short term.
I’m much more concerned about getting some elite talent into the club. If Armo & Dunstan are still best in the reserves, we’re in some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back