Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet the head of AFLCA reckons it takes a good 5 years for a novice coach to hit his straps.

We are at a confluence of contributing circumstances.

It's a bit chicken / egg argument for me at the moment.

As you say we will find out soon enough.
That's all good and well man, but clubs like ours don't normally have 5 years
In this case we have already been through that pain and have patiently waited for the
Club to get its act together!
Finally in this off season it appears the penny has dropped and our poor novice coach
Has all the support he should need!
Can he turn it around? We shall see no doubt!
Nobody will be hoping more than me that he can
But nobody should be surprised if their are a growing number of sceptics
Doubting his capabilities to do so!

Personally I believe the playing group is also well overdue to start stepping up to the plate themselves
And take the ownership that all the good teams tend to have!
Leadership has been an underrated deficiency we have suffered from!

Guys guys let's relax here for a minute can we? I'm reading some unnecessary stuff here, stick to the topic otherwise don't post. Have opinions but please post it in a respectful manner. But I like where this discussion is going but keep it respectful.

In this case we have already been through that pain and have patiently waited for the
Finally in this off season it appears the penny has dropped and our poor novice coach

Personally I believe the playing group is also well overdue to start stepping up to the plate themselves
Agree.

That's why it's a bit of both.

PS: what time can we expect to see you on Monday?

We've set you up with a small desk in Richos office...

Last edited:

Agree.

That's why it's a bit of both.
Yes it is. But ultimately the coach is who drives the standards and develops the
Leadership required! The fact that we still don't have an obvious successor to Geary
Is an issue that does not reflect well on those running the program!

But for sure it's about bloody time some of these so called highly rated players
Start taking the bull by the horns themselves!
In all my time the very best the saints have been is during unfortunately all too brief
Player driven missions of scaling the mountain!

With this squad, we are all still waiting!

Edit Please let the club know I don't do mornings!
Will roll up when I am adequately lubricated to deal with the frustrating
Non achieving charletains who have been stealing a living!

I'll be making some unconventional changes including the strap for any player
That pisses me off by not hitting a target!
Oh and I will need a young secretary to take Malaka's Dick Tation! :think:

Last edited:

The head of the coaches union states the people he represents need an extended period to show if they're any good or not. Colour me shocked.

What rubbish. So a lawyer who has had years of experience working for the PPP is inexperienced if he is employed by a law firm?
Jesus Christ, so every time a person changes jobs, they are inexperienced?

This is the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard.
The reason he got the job because his extensive experience in the industry.
FMD.
And, Allen, and Ratten, and Lade, all inexperienced because they have never had these exact roles at St.Kilda before.
Who are the right people you demanded we recruit.

Still waiting.......

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's the PPP?

They are completely different roles mate with different job descriptions. Of course people can adapt to different roles or have transferable skills but you can't say he has experience in the role.

The Allen, Ratten and lade argument doesn't hold water. Of course they have the experience necessary. They did the exact same role at another club.

Surely you get that right?

C'mon guys...

If you can't have a civilised discussion with one another don't have one at all.

Bickering between you two has gone on far too long.

Sure. Tell him to stop replying to my posts.
Why not just take it to PM.

I don't think anybody wants to read any of it.

Edit: It's obvious that neither of you will change your views on the club, so really no point in arguing about it anymore.

im not going to respond to everything because honestly i cant be arsed but i think George hit the nail on the head with the comment "its never as good as it seems at the club just as its never as bad as it seems"
StC i dont think we will ever agree on Finnis and his role .. i base my opinion on him from the dealings i have had for many years with the administrators of this club and by far the most professional and level headed person we have had at this club is Matt Finnis , problem is he was too involved in too many things and spread far to thin hence the footy side was underdone ....
the thing i do find funny though is how the results of a game dictate the entire body of work a person does at a club ... in 2016 had we not fallen asleep at the wheel in the GCS game we could have made finals , 2017 had we manned up on the power in the last 2 mins of the game we could have made finals ... those two moments change and suddenly 2018 is just a shockingly poor year in the steady progression up , those results go the way they did Finnis becomes Woeful at the football side of things and vision impared Freddy can see Richo should have been sacked ...

things are never as bad as they seem nor are they as good as they seem .....

Some of you guys must have amazing access to the club - or are making wild guesses about Richo's personality traits.

How he presents himself on a TV show is not the basis to make judgement on his coaching capacity.
We also have the fact that the club said that training standards weren't up to scratch and so recruited a player to drive those standards.
We've seen the general play, lack of organisation, mental fragility of the team. So the club have employed a whole new coaching staff.
The telly appearances only show us his inability to provide insight or to often complete coherent sentences. Maybe the club should employ someone to do his media for him as well?

Imagine having a performance review that stated that after five years in the role you didn't prepare your staff properly and you were unable to have them execute key tasks as a group. But don't worry we'll employ new people and task them with that.
And having collected over three million dollars along the way.
Sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have the fact that the club said that training standards weren't up to scratch and so recruited a player to drive those standards.
We've seen the general play, lack of organisation, mental fragility of the team. So the club have employed a whole new coaching staff.
The telly appearances only show us his inability to provide insight or to often complete coherent sentences. Maybe the club should employ someone to do his media for him as well?

Imagine having a performance review that stated that after five years in the role you didn't prepare your staff properly and you were unable to have them execute key tasks as a group. But don't worry we'll employ new people and task them with that.
And having collected over three million dollars along the way.
Sweet.

BOOM!

Essentially, we are having a discussion on here about when is a fair time to judge Richo. I and others think that, looking at patterns with other coaches, now is more than a fair time to do it. Others think we are going too early. Fair enough, we will find out soon enough.
Yep, it's become a debate on whether to quickly fire him, or do the planning to make it look like an accident.

Can anyone confirm or debunk the 2019 finals clause? I would imagine the club would not be thinking he'll meet that target and so can plan on exiting him at end of season at the latest. I think Bevo will be available at that point..

Can anyone confirm or debunk the 2019 finals clause? I would imagine the club would not be thinking he'll meet that target and so can plan on exiting him at end of season at the latest. I think Bevo will be available at that point..

It’s been put on print, which is not definitive. I think the ex saints employer bloke who writes for Fox Footy wrote an article about the clause.

I think Horse is who we are after & he may be available at years end. Perhaps this is part of the reason we kept Richo on rather than bring in a temporary coach until Horse is available in 12 months. Or maybe the club just rates Richo :drunk:

lets be clear here the 5 year talk does need a bit of clarification... the fact is the first two years we were at our all time lowest ebb pretty much 100% outside of the control of the coach .. we had projected that we were going to be down in those years and the Richo was brought in on the knowlledge that those first two years were about the draft picks and building the team so its more like 3 years and of those three years we just missed finals in two and have a shocker in one ... we can all claim vision impared Freddy can see his record is woeful but much like Cotchins brownlow it deserves an asterix next to it

It’s been put on print, which is not definitive. I think the ex saints employer bloke who writes for Fox Footy wrote an article about the clause.

I think Horse is who we are after & he may be available at years end. Perhaps this is part of the reason we kept Richo on rather than bring in a temporary coach until Horse is available in 12 months. Or maybe the club just rates Richo :drunk:

its a bit of everything i reckon, but i think the club genuinely rates him. so when you couple that with the payout/fallout from posting a loss, and no "safe bet, ready to go, experienced" senior coach available, they went with it. it just means wasting 12 months pretty much.

people think ratten is the next guy up. i'd be very very surprised if that were to happen. if they rated him they would have just turfed richo and put in ratts. now ratts might be caretaker, but i doubt he's senior coach in 2020

to be frank, as much as i dont like the idea, harvey could very well be the senior coach in 2020

Hmmmm?
A hypothetical poll perhaps!
Who would the peeps prefer? Horse or Bevo or Ratten/Harvey/Caracella?

it can be both ..... the club do rate richo but at the same time if a better option comes around then they will take that option .... i dont think the KPI on Richo kepping his job or losing it is based purely on if we make finals or not , it is a factor no doubt but i think you will find factors such as how we play will be considered , the improvment of the younger players under him will play a part ... i think there are many layers to the decision on if/when we decide to sack Richo ... to say clean cut its if we make finals he is safe if not he is gone is not quite right

Hmmmm?
A hypothetical poll perhaps!
Who would the peeps prefer? Horse or Bevo or Ratten/Harvey/Caracella?
in that hypothetical i go in order of preferance :
Horse
Harvey
Caracella
Ratten
Bevo....

something about Bevo just doesnt sit well with me ... ive got no reason or nothing to back it up but he just comes across as a polarising figure

Horse to me seems to have the respect , the experiance and the personality to be the best candidate , i do feel he is pretty under rated as a coach

in that hypothetical i go in order of preferance :
Horse
Harvey
Caracella
Ratten
Bevo....

something about Bevo just doesnt sit well with me ... ive got no reason or nothing to back it up but he just comes across as a polarising figure

Horse to me seems to have the respect , the experiance and the personality to be the best candidate , i do feel he is pretty under rated as a coach

he looks to be a shed load better than richo but i hold similar concerns with bevo. can't explain it. but the fall right back to where we are albeit better and with a cup in hand, has me concerned. has he done his dash? time will tell.

the dogs do have a lot and i do mean a lot of infighting. maybe its a case of he's in the wrong environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back