Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea.

StCicatriz Can you please dig out those same stats from last year which will no doubt show we've improved out of sight?
It's not my image. It was pulled from an article ranking this years sides.

P66 is pulling the piss if he thinks I should come up with a new image to compare it to last year.

I haven't bought into this thread much, and I'm not sold on Richo...

BUT....

we all drool over Clarko (and rightly so) but the hawks have relentlessly bombed it to 30m out to a pack for the entire 1st half here. They have a grand total of 2 marks inside 50 - which both came in the last 30 seconds of the half

Dunno what that means, but if the coaching Oracle's players do it, maybe our coach isn't completely to blame

It's not my image. It was pulled from an article ranking this years sides.

P66 is pulling the piss if he thinks I should come up with a new image to compare it to last year.
:oops:

I don't know what you dudes get up to in WA!
But i for one do not want to bear witness to either you or Plugger " Pulling the Piss " WTF Man? :sick:

I haven't bought into this thread much, and I'm not sold on Richo...

BUT....

we all drool over Clarko (and rightly so) but the hawks have relentlessly bombed it to 30m out to a pack for the entire 1st half here. They have a grand total of 2 marks inside 50 - which both came in the last 30 seconds of the half

Dunno what that means, but if the coaching Oracle's players do it, maybe our coach isn't completely to blame

I don't think many watch games from other clubs. What we achieve with what we have is probably over achievement. I see our list worse than clubs like North and probably most like Carlton and GC. Mostly very young and not much top end talent. Hawks aren't what they were but still have a solid core. If people think anyone will come and turn our side into a hardened finals side over night, they might be a bit disappointed.

Richo is not creative or flexible but he's kept us competitive rather than playing for draft picks. Hopefully it sets up the next era well.

Bombing is modern footy unfortunately.

We don't want the Saints to continue to be a middle-low rung team on the ladder, as it's just year after year of under-performing as a club. I have no doubt that Richo will be gone by the end of the season.

We don't want the Saints to continue to be a middle-low rung team on the ladder, as it's just year after year of under-performing as a club. I have no doubt that Richo will be gone by the end of the season.
I’m not sure you get choices where you finish unless to chose to go down the ladder. You can’t just choose to go up the ladder. Richo will most likely be gone at the end of the year but those thinking that will make much difference are likely to be very disappointing. By the way those hoping we make the decision to go down the ladder should just look at who is up the ladder at the moment and who is down the ladder at the moment. It’s not pretty for those thinking it’s the way to go.

And what is underforming anyway. I think the list has performed as good as this list could apart from last year.

:oops:

I don't know what you dudes get up to in WA!
But i for one do not want to bear witness to either you or Plugger " Pulling the Piss " WTF Man? :sick:
Sounds like something the infamous Troughman would’ve been into

images

Very true!
But you can also take the view that 6 years is more than long enough time for a coach to find and field a settled line up!
The fact we still have plenty of positions on the field where there is no permanent settled players fixed is an indictment in itself!

An indictment on our list management...

If you are talking best 22 then Geary, Steven, Hannebery, Carlisle, would be in the side… all of which will play some part in the rest of our season you would think, which is a great draw.

FB: Mckenzie Carlisle Wilkie
HB: Savage Battle Webster
C: Billings Hannebery Newnes
HF: Acres Membrey Sinclair
FF: Parker Bruce Lonie
R: Marshall Ross Gresham
IC: Steven Dunstan Steele White

If that ^ side can't beat bottom 10 sides something is very wrong.
Very sneaky - name Gears as part of our best 22 then leave him out and replace him with White. ;)

If we had a injury list like Adelaide's naming our best 22 is a difficult job. Backline is particulary tough. Do we keep Brown and use Carlisle as the intercept marking player?

I'd see the likes of DMac, Wilkie, Sinclair even possibly Newnes struggling to get a spot simply because of best positions.

B Geary Brown Webster
HB Carlisle Battle Savage
C Billings Steele Hannebery
HF Parker Bruce Gresham
F Lonie Membrey Kent

R Marshall Ross Steven

Int Dunstan Acres Clark Newnes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think many watch games from other clubs. What we achieve with what we have is probably over achievement. I see our list worse than clubs like North and probably most like Carlton and GC. Mostly very young and not much top end talent. Hawks aren't what they were but still have a solid core. If people think anyone will come and turn our side into a hardened finals side over night, they might be a bit disappointed.

Richo is not creative or flexible but he's kept us competitive rather than playing for draft picks. Hopefully it sets up the next era well.

Bombing is modern footy unfortunately.

This is hard to swallow but unfortunately close to the mark. Given where our list is at I think we are another two years away from finals & that’s if we get everything right over the next 24 months!

I guess the question is does the club afford Richo more time or does the club believe he’s had enough time in the driver seat & it’s somebody else’s turn. The question answers itself.

This is hard to swallow but unfortunately close to the mark. Given where our list is at I think we are another two years away from finals & that’s if we get everything right over the next 24 months!

I guess the question is does the club afford Richo more time or does the club believe he’s had enough time in the driver seat & it’s somebody else’s turn. The question answers itself.
It doesn’t though if this list you say can’t make finals for 2 years does this year. Surely that confuses everything. By the way I don’t think we make finals for 2 reasons. One with a fit list I don’t think we are good 2 we have far from a fit list. Lose today we probably win only one or two more for the year. Win today and no idea. I think we will only be changing coaches for one reason. Richo has probably had enough time. I don’t think a change of coach will actually make us play much better. Just look at the hawks and tigers and how highly their coaches are rated.

Surely the list holds him back though as well. We have no elite talent and one A grader who is out with a mental illness. The board should have noticed that Trout wasn’t making good calls years ago. We have to get our drafting of elite talent in order to make a massive step forward.

Maybe the fact that our recruiting department has been run on a shoestring budget forever has a bit to do with the list issues.

If you look at the clubs who have picked guns out of nowhere, most of them (probably the Bulldogs being the exception) have massive networks & can afford to pay the best WA/SANFL/Ammos/etc scouts.

It’s no doubt improved but we’re nowhere near playing with the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t though if this list you say can’t make finals for 2 years does this year. Surely that confuses everything. By the way I don’t think we make finals for 2 reasons. One with a fit list I don’t think we are good 2 we have far from a fit list. Lose today we probably win only one or two more for the year. Win today and no idea. I think we will only be changing coaches for one reason. Richo has probably had enough time. I don’t think a change of coach will actually make us play much better. Just look at the hawks and tigers and how highly their coaches are rated.

It doesn’t though what? Didn’t you just agree with me?

Question was does the club believe Richo has had enough time. After 6 years I think that’s a yes which you also agreed with.

Unless I’m missing something here? More sarcasm plugger?!

It doesn’t though what? Didn’t you just agree with me?

Question was does the club believe Richo has had enough time. After 6 years I think that’s a yes which you also agreed with.

Unless I’m missing something here? More sarcasm plugger?!
I agree he is most likely gone but I’m saying it places a real spanner in the works if he makes finals when you say we are most likely 2 years away.

And on a separate topic I don’t think a new coach will make much difference at all because of the list and injuries That’s why I mentioned hawthorn and tigers.

This seriously is the most pathetic statement I've heard come out of our club.

"We couldn't be more pleased with our coaching program, which is led by Alan," said Finnis, the St Kilda chief executive.
"The challenges we've had with our personnel and availability, to be 5-5 ... a lot of Saints fans would have taken that, had you offered it to them before round one."

Is he ******* serious. My god. No wonder this club hasn't played finals whilst he's been there.

I mean seriously. We are 11th. We were forecast by the club under his guidance to play finals last year and now he's happy. Couldn't be more pleased. If he couldn't be more pleased then go ahead and extend him again you ******* numpty.

Seriously whilst finnis is there we will forever be bathed in mediocrity. Its seriously pathetic. I can't believe people can't see through his ********.

Without Finnis we’d still be in Seaford & dying a slow death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure you get choices where you finish unless to chose to go down the ladder. You can’t just choose to go up the ladder. Richo will most likely be gone at the end of the year but those thinking that will make much difference are likely to be very disappointing. By the way those hoping we make the decision to go down the ladder should just look at who is up the ladder at the moment and who is down the ladder at the moment. It’s not pretty for those thinking it’s the way to go.

And what is underforming anyway. I think the list has performed as good as this list could apart from last year.
I'm thinking a bit more big-picture..something that historically the Saints don't do well. But speaking of under-performing, I think it's bleedin' obvious, but I see us as under-performing against the competition over recent years, not just compared to ourselves as a club. You don't succeed unless you raise the bar, and keep raising it, rather than close enough is good enough, or we had more wins than we thought we would get..blah blah... which again seems to be a mindset that has plagued the club for years. I'm sure our new President didn't get to the top of his business tree thinking like that, and I reckon he and the board want get that bar raised.

I'm thinking a bit more big-picture..something that historically the Saints don't do well. But speaking of under-performing, I think it's bleedin' obvious, but I see us as under-performing against the competition over recent years, not just compared to ourselves as a club. You don't succeed unless you raise the bar, and keep raising it, rather than close enough is good enough, or we had more wins than we thought we would get..blah blah... which again seems to be a mindset that has plagued the club for years. I'm sure our new President didn't get to the top of his business tree thinking like that, and I reckon he and the board want get that bar raised.
A lot of words but what do you actually think the club should do more than a general statement of raising the bar.

I think we should try something new just for a bit of hope for fans. He had a great run for any coach. He probably got excused because his lists were never that good but he should have been more bull headed about what players he wanted. I think we have too much of a democratic safety first recruiting team and no one makes calls that are hunches or creative. A gun recruiter would demand respect and the right to call from left field.

I agree he is most likely gone but I’m saying it places a real spanner in the works if he makes finals when you say we are most likely 2 years away.

And on a separate topic I don’t think a new coach will make much difference at all because of the list and injuries That’s why I mentioned hawthorn and tigers.

The wheel can turn quickly just look at the Lions. Then compare them against the Blues. I’m anticipating you say the Lions are better because of their recruiting but I believe it started with Noble & Fagan. They built the winning culture & everything has fallen into place as a result. My fear if we retain Richo is we are on the Blues path instead of the Lions path.

Yeah , a new coach is going to get us into top 4 next season ,,,,,, Piggs Ass . Our list is just not good enough yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back