Game Day The final Masterpiece - AFL Grand Final 2017 - Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

i can tell you i'd rather be in this position than what melbourne endured in the last round
Not sure about that!! I've never felt like this before.. that wouldn't happen after a near finals or prelim loss and we also lost to a team we shouldn't have in the major game.. there isn't a replication of this unbelievable hollow feeling!

Did 2 home games soften up the Tigers?

Commiserations guys

100% serious question here

Why is it that whenever a non-Victorian team win a home Preliminary Final they usually lose the Grand Final
1996, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (exceptions 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2012)

Yet whenever a non-Victorian team win an away Preliminary Final they usually win the Grand Final
1997, 1998, 2003, 2005, 2006 (exception 1991, 2004)

Commiserations guys

100% serious question here

Why is it that whenever a non-Victorian team win a home Preliminary Final they usually lose the Grand Final
1996, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (exceptions 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2012)

Yet whenever a non-Victorian team win an away Preliminary Final they usually win the Grand Final
1997, 1998, 2003, 2005, 2006 (exception 1991, 2004)
Thanks, hopefully we can do a Hawthorn sometime soon. A bounce back dynasty sounds appealing...

Because the Grand Final is always played at the Victorian teams home ground (or state). Because when 70k Richmond roar it's a free kick to Dusty, but when he does the same thing it's fine. Because 2016 GF stitch up. Because Cotchin and Ellis played instead of being suspended. Because it's not an even competition.

Also because sometimes the other team is just better on the day, or a combination. But make no mistake, those other things happen too, it's ****house and it's starting to get real old.

Do you ever wish you weren't so emotionally invested in a football club? There are some days where I wish that was the case, today was one of those days...
I know.. it's a day youbjust lose all feeling of anything.

After the game I just sat there for 15 minutes blankly as there was just a hollow terrible hole that can't be replaced by anything.

Not sure about that!! I've never felt like this before.. that wouldn't happen after a near finals or prelim loss and we also lost to a team we shouldn't have in the major game.. there isn't a replication of this unbelievable hollow feeling!
I agree totally!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are simply being pressured into making mistakes. Crouch to Crouch handball misses the mark by a long way. Lynch missing that set shot to me was so important. Had he got that we would have been up three goals. Simple errors. Then there are the Umps. Seems like the Richmond defenders can block and hold but if we just touch the Richmond forwards like Lever did late in that quarter we get penalised. Eddie being held. Nah that wasn't a free.

We need to regroup and we need some real aggression from the likes of Tex, Brouch, Ottens. Just throw your body at the opposition and hurt them.

A gutless, spineless, non-aggressive manner in which the AFC played the 2017 Grand Final. Should be ashamed of what they have done and what damage they have done to the supporters.

Hopefully supporters dont turn up to AO in the same way the players didnt turn up to the MCG.

Would send a powerful message to the AFC.

What happened to the pushing and shoving and getting in their faces at the opening bounce? That was a red flag for me. Push dusty like they did danger. Nope. Nothing. Push opponents after goals? Nope nothing. Weak.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, as much as I'm hurting right now, I'm glad I and our team got to experience the game. It's experience you can't buy.

It's experience you definitely don't want.

It invariably ruins playing groups and they never win one.

Don't get me wrong, we were completely outplayed.

But it's always going to be difficult playing against a team on their home turf on the big dance. Does this happen in any other sport around the world? Serious question. We play there three times a year if we are lucky. Huge disadvantage for non-Vics. It's a joke. The AFL is a joke.

Bitter? Yes.

How the fk does Cotchin even step foot on the ground after that incident last week? With all the precedent set during the year. Would Sloane have got off if the tables were turned? Laughable.

Some of those umpiring decisions in the first quarter. Fk me. How do you explain that? The umpires decided to play god and there were some critical poor decisions against us (at least that's how it looked from the ground) which halted our momentum when we looked to have started well.

Salty? Absolutely.

End of the day we weren't good enough and yesterday's loss was very similar to the few others we've endured this year. Little fight, never really in with a chance, struggle to hit the board.

I'm out. Where do I lineup for a refund?

In case some of you are unaware, daylight saving started here early hours this morning..

It is now one hour ahead.

Easy to forget, and I thought for those having to catch trains/planes home...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back