Banter The GFC Got It Wrong Thread - A place to air the grievances.

Remove this Banner Ad

His first game v the pies he kicks 3 behinds and some had already made up their minds.Being devoid of movie star looks doesn't help either with Cats supporters.We like our pretty boys at Cat Land:)no time for ugly ducklings
I think if he went the Harley/Chappy/GAJ /Pods look, he would be very "attractive"- and his physique is spot-on, but I see your point.

I think if he went the Harley/Chappy/GAJ /Pods look, he would be very "attractive"- and his physique is spot-on, but I see your point.
Totally agree at times he's not far behind the Flying Doormat now that was a look.
images
What was she thinking.

Last edited:

I never ever seen him not take responsibility for having a shot on goal.
Sure he shanked one or two and so do others but the bull s**t on here regarding his set shots on goal and I'm not pointing the finger at you dube is just that bullshit given that most here say Mitch Brown and Shane Kersten are marvelous set shots for goal.

Do they?

I'd say both have better kicking techniques than Walker, but you can't argue with the results. It could also be his shanks are what people remember too.

Sure he shanked one or two and so do others but the bull s**t on here regarding his set shots on goal and I'm not pointing the finger at you dube is just that bullshit given that most here say Mitch Brown and Shane Kersten are marvelous set shots for goal.
Career stats for all three.
Mitch Brown.....29 goals 26. 52.7%
Shane Kersten..41 goals 29. 58.6%
Josh Walker......48 goals 28. 63.2%
And Daniel Menzel for good measure 69 Goals 42.....62.2%.

I think its the look and style of kick vs effectiveness. Brown and Kersten annoyed me so much because style wise they were lovely looking kicks and as jnrs were dead eyes, both weak as piss though and would crack under pressure in AFL having a shot.

IMO Walker was just an ordinary looking kick, in VFL they'd come off his shin sometimes. I guess when a player like Kersten would miss it was still a booming sweetly timed kick, when Walker missed it was a mungrel into the post. Either way I wouldn't trust any of Brown, Kersten or Walker taking a set shot.

I think its the look and style of kick vs effectiveness. Brown and Kersten annoyed me so much because style wise they were lovely looking kicks and as jnrs were dead eyes, both weak as piss though and would crack under pressure in AFL having a shot.

Saw both kick good goals this year. Kersten kicked 3 in a quarter from memory vs North and one of them was a beauty from distance. Brown would be one of the better exponents of a banana kick in the game.

Can you find a true set shot % need to consider put on the full and those that didn't make the distance.

Does the above include shots that failed to score at all?

Well.......it is a good look.:rolleyes:

2 years too late. Why they kept Bartel and allowed Johnson to move on will forever remain the most bewildering decision in the last 10 years, maybe more.

As for Caddy, he was neither here nor there. Not sure he was ever going to be anything more than serviceable. I wasn't fussed.

Hindsight.

I don't believe that Stevie would have played as well for Geelong as he did GWS. He was way too settled with us and needed a kick up the arse.

Hindsight.

I don't believe that Stevie would have played as well for Geelong as he did GWS. He was way too settled with us and needed a kick up the arse.
Look you may be right and nobody will ever know. I guess I'm having a little trouble seeing him continue to star in opposition colours. :(

Look you may be right and nobody will ever know. I guess I'm having a little trouble seeing him continue to star in opposition colours. :(
I'll repeat -

Steve Johnson wasn't let go because of his football. He was let go because of his domineering personality that put several young players off side. Look back at Chris Scotts comments. "It's time for this to be Joel Selwood and Tom Hawkins team"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll repeat -

Steve Johnson wasn't let go because of his football. He was let go because of his domineering personality that put several young players off side. Look back at Chris Scotts comments. "It's time for this to be Joel Selwood and Tom Hawkins team"
Steve Hocking made comments along similar lines. Quite clear there were other forces at play than merely ability.

Steve Hocking made comments along similar lines. Quite clear there were other forces at play than merely ability.
It's a bit like when Gazza wanted to come back home ~ I reiterated that fact on these boards countless times and was mostly berated or ignored. And again I've explained many times the relational complexity that Steve Johnson created within the club. But the same old whinging bitches ignore what actually happened and continue to espouse theories that elude to them having better knowledge and list management skills than wells hocking and scott
Ultimately it's just a reminder that this board has a number of dumb campaigners

I'll repeat -

I had unconfirmed reports that I posted as such - granted post SJ's departure - that Mots staying and Sj leaving were linked in some fashion...

It seems that concept wont die down...

Anyway, as for Scooter - he's gonna need a big year this year to validate his acquisition - and he should be able to - given his long run up he's been given and clean games he got at last year's end....

Him of 2013 form will give a certain edge we have not had for several years....

Go Catters

Ultimately it's just a reminder that this board has a number of dumb campaigners
Unfortunately there are a few round these parts who take a side based on either the player being discussed, or the posting making the post.
And other points of view are ignored/mocked regardless of what is actually said in them.

I'll repeat -

That is a ridiculous reason to let go of a player.

I agree with him and you, absolutely the right decision but it ******* sucks seeing him in GWS colours.
I'm not sure it was the right decision, and If the reasons for his departure are what we're led to believe in this thread, then my opinion and belief that Scott isn't the right man for the job is founded.

True. But what happens when the "new" leaders set new standards and a player doesn't buy in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't let logic get in the way of another Chris Scott bashing and in turn a subtle "I could manage 40 professional young athletes better than paid experts" brag. * some of you ar deluded campaigners.

True. But what happens when the "new" leaders set new standards and a player doesn't buy in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevieJ quite often referred to our captain as "Joelie" and while some might think it was a term of endearment, others possibly interpreted it as a bit disrespectful.

It's a failure of management. If that is the reason, then it's up to the club to solve that problem. Just like Tom Harley did in 2007.
Appears as though they did solve the problem. They removed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back