Banter The GFC Got It Wrong Thread - A place to air the grievances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wells said on SEN that Caddy wanted out.

I think people are missing a lot in this. He wanted out. We needed/wanted draft picks. We possibly have coverage for him. It created some salary cap relief, etc.

My grievance are these threads. They are anti free speech and stifle debate to the point of ridiculousness. The equivalent of burning books.
Nice grieve. Hope you feel better. :)

I don't really understand the nature of these threads - I saw on in nother board there was one for "melts" and one for sunny outlooks so to speak. Isn't the whole point for both sides to discuss their views and contend opposite points? I sort of get it with never ending "same old argument" type issues, or bringing everything back to "sack Scott", but surely for recent and relevant issues all sides can mesh together.

Is it just to make sure trade talk doesn't continue to infect every thread? Or simply as a black hole to suck in all negative opinions.
It's completely designed as a black hole for 'negative' view points so the rest of the board can continue to live in a blue and white prozac drenched daze where everything the GFC does is always right.

Culture. Ablett didn't follow team rules so Ayres wanted to create a selfless culture not the hero worshipping selfish culture we had at the time.
He failed because he was too hard on it and at the wrong time while also being an outsider from a hated club and at a time where the board and management were behaving the exact same.
Ayers failed because he traded in all these has beens like Simon Arnott, Tristan lynch, Brett Spinks, Scott Bamford etc and treated our senior players with contempt that most are still bitter about.

Funny. under scott we now seem to be doing the same thing but to more extreme levels.

Only difference is in his first year ayers lost his gf whilst scott won his. Other than that they are very very similar in their contributions to geelong.

Wells said on SEN that Caddy wanted out.

I think people are missing a lot in this. He wanted out. We needed/wanted draft picks. We possibly have coverage for him. It created some salary cap relief, etc.
He didn't want out two weeks ago. Was very happy. Gibbs wanted out though.

Guess which one stayed and which left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wells lucked it with joel as everyone was nervous about his knee, and given our squad he could afford the risk
now lets see where he has spent some $$$$
13 out of 26 still on the list - and menzel is the only one where he has picked a gem

mitch brown - fail - sloane, roughie, hanners could have been recruited by a genius recruiter
gillies - fail (shiels)
motlop -pass
hunt - fail
menzel- massive tick
duncan - pass
bundy -pass
vardy - fail
smedts - massive fail (smith, parker)
guthrie - pass
h-s - fail
schroder - fail
pods - massive tick
hamling - fail (neale)
kersten - fail
murdoch - pass
mccarthy - pass
bews- pass
thurlow - bordeline
lang - fail (merrett, lobb)
jj -fail
kolo - pass
walker - fail
burbury - fail
cockatoo - borderline
gregson - pass
gore - fail
cunico - fail

Today hasn't felt very Festivus unfortunately :-(
Oh I don't know, I could certainly sit down for Festivus dinner with Scott and co. and tell them how much they've disappointed me this year...
Then maybe I'd have feats of strength with Wells, that old man wouldn't stand a chance!

To my understanding;
- Caddy for Deledio was there for the taking
- He's taken around $250,000 p/y less.
- Besides this year he's played min. 17 games every year
- 2 of the other 3 top 4 teams chased him so obviously they believe that his pros far outweigh the cons.

Personally, I think we should have kept Caddy, but I would definetly prefer Deledio over pick 24.

I heard on trade radio Richmond is paying $300k of Deledios wage next season...knowing our mess of a trade team we probably never even posed that question to Richmond

Oh I don't know, I could certainly sit down for Festivus dinner with Scott and co. and tell them how much they've disappointed me this year...
Then maybe I'd have feats of strength with Wells, that old man wouldn't stand a chance!
A few coaching sessions with Frank Costanza would do these boys the world of good.

It's completely designed as a black hole for 'negative' view points so the rest of the board can continue to live in a blue and white prozac drenched daze where everything the GFC does is always right.
Kind of like if they restructured parliament so each party just sat in a room by themselves slapping each other on the back, and never crossed paths with the other. Where's the fun in that?

My grievances are still concerned with post-prelim festering rather than the trade period. I know I should, but I find it a little hard to care in comparison. Situation hasn't changed, maybe just a touch more emphasis on that mid tier to lift. What's the bet Caddy breaks out into AA form now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back