Roast The match committee’s decision to drop Stanley

Remove this Banner Ad

Youre right, there are people around town who are friends with people involved at the club. Outing them on BigFooty isnt going to endear them at the Cattery.
I know who I spoke to very well, and I know him to be a straight shooter.
Posters can make their own minds up. Its of little concern to me what they think
Assuming this is correct, there'd have to be now bad blood in the coaching group particularly after Scott said it was a decision owned by "6 or 7" on the MC

Assuming this is correct, there'd have to be now bad blood in the coaching group particularly after Scott said it was a decision owned by "6 or 7" on the MC
Scott. Hes the same bloke that said Camerons 5 goals, or Grundys ruck dominance on our games had no impact isnt he?
I wouldnt believe a single word that comes out of his mouth
He takes the average football supporter as a dolt, and says whatever he thinks is happening in his own head. He has little regard for the truth

Starting the season 11 - 1, I would be confident in saying, would have exceeded everyone's wildest expectations.

After the bye, we had our expected first up loss, then our 2nd up win. Since then it's been a roller coaster, but I've given them the benefit of the doubt, thinking that after 8 long years, we're finally trying something different to get over the next bye (pre-finals) and managing the players so that we hit the finals fit and healthy, as we did.

On reflection, I don't think that at all now. I just don't think he truly knows what to do to get over the demon that is the bye. He was virtually a one man band in the media, getting very cranky about finals at Kardinia. I thought it was him trying to create an 'us vs them' siege mentality, if it was, he's wasted all his energy on nothing.

Throw it all together and I think he's just bereft of ideas and panicked.

This is his 9th year. Walk away and do something else Chris, you've had long enough.

Starting the season 11 - 1, I would be confident in saying, would have exceeded everyone's wildest expectations.

After the bye, we had our expected first up loss, then our 2nd up win. Since then it's been a roller coaster, but I've given them the benefit of the doubt, thinking that after 8 long years, we're finally trying something different to get over the next bye (pre-finals) and managing the players so that we hit the finals fit and healthy, as we did.

On reflection, I don't think that at all now. I just don't think he truly knows what to do to get over the demon that is the bye. He was virtually a one man band in the media, getting very cranky about finals at Kardinia. I thought it was him trying to create an 'us vs them' siege mentality, if it was, he's wasted all his energy on nothing.

Throw it all together and I think he's just bereft of ideas and panicked.

This is his 9th year. Walk away and do something else Chris, you've had long enough.
This post reflects my thoughts perfectly.

Members elect the Board, Match Committee are accountable to the CEO. The CEO is accountable to the Board. Like most clubs the Board is stacked by using the casual vacancy clause in the consitution to get who they want on the Board in between AGMs, where the members would normally have to vote newbies in. It's not foolproof but it is a company quirk that can work for both good and bad. Members need to have a voice if they are not happy. GFC is a not for profit and should have much much more transparency than it does. So is the AFL FFS.

As I have said here a few times I gave up membership some time ago when I felt screwed by the Club.
=
Agree with what you say except that Members have not elected a Board Member for many, many years.

Youre right, there are people around town who are friends with people involved at the club. Outing them on BigFooty isnt going to endear them at the Cattery.
Posters can make their own minds up. Its of little concern to me what they think

When did Scarlett come out and say he would prefer the MCG?
Was it after Stanley had been dropped?

When did Scarlett come out and say he would prefer the MCG?
Was it after Stanley had been dropped?
I think his comments had less to do with Stanleys selection and more to do with the sulking culture that seems to be seeping into the club.
It would drive a no nonsense, straight down the line bloke like him mad.
I definately think it was a backhanded slap to Scotts whining in recent weeks

Somehow this rings true. It is not the first comment that I have heard about Scarlett being unhappy with a decision. I don't know the blokes name but he was on a tram with me after a losing game late last year , took a call, said that was Scarlett and he is not happy.

They can't not elect a Board if it's company limited by guarantee. Hang on I will see what I can find out
Not so. Board members can be 'recruited' on a skills basis and then selected by existing Board Members. Don't have to go back to members, if there are any. In the case of the GFC there are members. It is a long time since an open election was held for example, three Board Members retiring every year, the vacancies advertised widely and Members vote. The last time that I asked about that sort of process I was told that it is too expensive.
Really the only thing that your membership gives you as an exclusive is access to GF tickets in the ballot, it doesn't give you any sense of belonging.

IF this is true it is untenable. Scott may be head coach, but there needs to be checks and balances. At the moment it’s like giving Trump the red button with no safety catch.

Ps. Interesting username
It could be true but this guy is full of s**t.
Reeks of another one of GC26's accounts.
Is that avatar actually Jimmy's side chick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his comments had less to do with Stanleys selection and more to do with the sulking culture that seems to be seeping into the club.
It would drive a no nonsense, straight down the line bloke like him mad.
I definately think it was a backhanded slap to Scotts whining in recent weeks

It could be in spite.
He was so upset with Scott he made his other opinion known?
I’m guessing here so curious of when Scarlett said it.

It could be true but this guy is full of s**t.
Reeks of another one of GC26's accounts.
Is that avatar actually Jimmy's side chick?

I wondered that. Always suspicious of new accounts coming up with these sorts of stories. Though I have heard independently that Scott runs an autocratic footy department so it wouldn’t shock me.

It could be in spite.
He was so upset with Scott he made his other opinion known?
I’m guessing here so curious of when Scarlett said it.
And some have been critical of our players. But imagine how they feel. The team is selected Thursday, they know who is in,they go to bed to dream about how the game will play out, what they need to do, what others need to do. I imagine that they play out whole passages of the game in their mind. They are focused all Friday, may even have conversations between themselves.
Then just before the game starts with nerves on edge and tension growing they are told that one key position player is out. Imagine what that would do for their confidence, their readiness.
Blow it completely. Imagine if then the Coach addresses the team, mind you I don't think this would have happened as CS has been known to say that he doesn't need to be there at that point as all of the work has been done by then, but if he was you would not be happy with him.
So onto the ground angry, confused, game plan wrecked.

Its really not
I think you know that too, otherwise you wouldnt feel the need to self praise.
Ummm, I dunno. I just personally don't believe you that's all. I'm just one person who is often wrong.
I'm not bothered by you saying it or posting though, your avatar is good to look at.

Ummm, I dunno. I just personally don't believe you that's all. I'm just one person who is often wrong.
I'm not bothered by you saying it or posting though, your avatar is good to look at.
Thats all you had to say Spazz. But you are wrong.
As for the avvy, dont be a creep.

I wondered that. Always suspicious of new accounts coming up with these sorts of stories. Though I have heard independently that Scott runs an autocratic footy department so it wouldn’t shock me.
Yeah, Scott's a f**khead No doubt. But if he said in the presser about that unanamous thing and it's not true he's as good as gone as of yesterday.
I guess we'll find out how true it is in a couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back