The Official Week 14 Thread - Come natter about the matter of LBJ serving Blatt's head on a platter

Which of the following acts was least convincing?

• Cleveland's press release stating that LeBron was unaware of Blatt's firing

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • LeBron's attempts to disguise his receding hairline with a headband

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dan Gilbert's 2010 declaration that the Cavs would win a championship before LeBron

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • The claims of Cavs fans appearing in the 2015 Finals' thread that they remember Samardo Samuels

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Cleveland winning the lottery three times in four years

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

7f7d71a2b1bc12887529f5e452005dc2.jpg

******* league pass.

Watched last few minutes on my phone.

Nice win but yet again get scored on like we playing 4 v 5.

Big big win for us. We really needed a W over one of the other top two teams in the League and it was a great performance today. Especially offensively, but also defensively. The big 3 really stood up again with consecutive 20+ point games between the three of them.

JB unleashed on the refs in the presser apparently, nice fine coming his way. Sure they were average but his own coaching as much, if not more to blame for the loss. You gave up 123 to the Wizards at home ffs.

Super impressive by Cleveland today

How much you take out of it I'm not sure, but still, a nice win

Sas seem to rely heavily on Duncan defensively and as a presence against the top teams. LMA at the 5 is gash and gets exposed too easily defensively. Although giving time to Simmons and Anderson in big games in the regular season won't hurt.

Since when did the Sydney morning herald become a satirical website, I love all the Australian NBA players but this may be a bridge too far http://ow.ly/XK7TD

Since when did the Sydney morning herald become a satirical website, I love all the Australian NBA players but this may be a bridge too far http://ow.ly/XK7TD

I think Bogut is very, very underrated, because casuals don't really value non-scorers, but he's not really the type of player that you pick for an All-Star game, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bogut is very, very underrated, because casuals don't really value non-scorers, but he's not really the type of player that you pick for an All-Star game, either.
Yeah, I mean in my very early days as an nba fan I think he had a couple of years in milwaukee where he could have been a reserve but its hard for me to remember.
Yeah non-scorers do get ignored, like the lack of scoring from parker and to a lesser extent nowitski was a key reason why they weren't all-stars.

Yeah, I mean in my very early days as an nba fan I think he had a couple of years in milwaukee where he could have been a reserve but its hard for me to remember.

If he was ever going to be an All-Star, 2009-10 was his year. Averaged 15.9 points (.520 FG%), 10.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game, with a PER of 20.7. Was the second-best centre in the East (behind Dwight Howard), and among the top 3-4 centres in the league.

Yeah non-scorers do get ignored, like the lack of scoring from parker and to a lesser extent nowitski was a key reason why they weren't all-stars.

Except they have been All-Stars, multiple times. I think them simply being past their prime and not quite producing like they used to, along with there being players who are realistically performing better, has more to do with it them not making it over the last couple of years than anything else.

Last edited:
Bogut really only had one year he could have been considered an All-Star chance and that was 09-10.

He finished in the All-NBA third team, so in theory was the 3rd best center that year.

He was obviously behind Howard in the East. There wasn't really a center picked on the bench. I guess Al Horford was the center pick and you could make a pretty good argument Bogut was having a better season than him.

Lee was picked as a replacement. He was having a great season 20/12/4 @ 55% from the floor. Looking back it was his best season of his career, so it's not surprising that Lee got picked over Bogut.

Yeah there has never been a season where I have thought Bogut should have been an all-star. Good solid player but the all-star game isn't his level.

Super impressive by Cleveland today

How much you take out of it I'm not sure, but still, a nice win

Sas seem to rely heavily on Duncan defensively and as a presence against the top teams. LMA at the 5 is gash and gets exposed too easily defensively. Although giving time to Simmons and Anderson in big games in the regular season won't hurt.

Seemed to really attack hard in transition. Will they keep it up as the season progresses?

Back