The Official Week 6 'Kevin Martin Retirement Appreciation' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yep. I hate it when I see it. I'm glad the Warriors do shoot them.

I've always thought that any missed shot from beyond half court shouldn't count statistically.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/ does track heaves from half court and beyond. I dunno how you'd do it since you can't really track the times people chose not to throw it up but it would be fun to see which guys don't do it and which happily do it.

Give the guy a go though. Its his 2nd season and hes trying to run a team (who are pretty rubbish mind you).
Look I don't want to s**t on the guy, it's a tough spot being a young PG on a team playing heavy mins. But if you want to try and pump up his tyres the other side of the coin has to be looked at and speaking purely on his current production he is one of the most harmful players in the league. It would be one thing if he was a bad shooter who didn't do it a lot but he takes tons of them, one thing he is doing better is getting to the line more. And the thing he is supposed to be excelling at, getting buckets for team mates he's had a massive drop off at (an assist percentage of 20.5 vs 29 last season) while retaining virtually the same TOV%.

In the last 5 games hes had 6 turnovers for 25 assists, which isnt too bad.

His shooting is a worry though.

FWIW in that same 5 game stretch Booker has had 14 turnovers for 9 assists.

Booker averages 32 minutes for less than 2 assists a game.

Booker also has the disadvantage of being played a PG, SG and SF at different times in a game, hell wouldn't surprise me if the Suns line him up at C next game.

Booker also has the disadvantage of being played a PG, SG and SF at different times in a game, hell wouldn't surprise me if the Suns line him up at C next game.

When does he play PG?
How many lineups dont contain Knight or Bledsoe?

Fair point though he gets shuffled around a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booker is 6 foot 6. He needs to be able to play in a variety of positions at that size. That comes with being a wing size player in today's league. Are there any good 6 foot 6 guys that don't play multiple positions?

You count the made ones. But the missed ones aren't counted. Almost like a long pass that happened to go near the rim at the end of the period.

I do realize that it's never going to happen. But I'd love to see a heave at the end of every period.

Thats a good way to ensure people have a go at it.
Never going to happen though like you say.

Whats going on with the Clippers? Not watching the game but WTF?

Typical Clippers.

Look a million bucks then lay an egg against an Indy team without their best player

Is there a more directionless franchise atm then the Magic? Prob the most vanilla roster construction in the league. When you've got the opportunity to clear caproom to sign guys to bring you to exactly where you were you just gotta do it I guess.

Apart from Sacramento?

Maybe Dallas?

Not by him thats for sure.

I think plenty of others doubted he'd be able to play at starter level.

He's shooting 38% from the floor and 39% from 2 point range. Has a negative Box plus minus, a VORP of 0, win shares/48 0.02, and has his lowest ORtg of his career He's at his highest usage rate since the 13/14 season where he actually put up superior numbers to what he's doing right now.

Although his assist rate per 36 has jumped, so ill pay that

So lets look at his shooting stats. Hes at 69% unassisted from 15-19 feet, 100% from 5-14 feet and 80% at less than 5 feet. Whilst he's money from the left corner from 3, he's taking 75% of his 3's above the break. He's shooting 33% on the broadly defined jump shots and only 47% on layups, and when you delve into the different types of jump shots it gets even worse, with actual jump shots at 30%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back