The Official Week 6 'Kevin Martin Retirement Appreciation' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stop watching the Patty Mills game-ending 3 pointer in Boston just to see Marcus Smart have absolutely no idea where he should be on the defensive switch with Thomas. At one stage, I thought IT was gonna push him in the right direction. Meanwhile, Patty is judging the wind in the corner while every - and I mean EVERY - Celtics player just stares at him!

Here's some analysis on it from both sides by Mike Fratello.

Dwight Howard makes a 20-foot bank jumper from the right wing assisted by Kent Bazemore

I am going to assume Dwight fluffed a dunk from 20ft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look Mudiay v Booker again.

Once again EM taking the points.

He's flat out taking points from layups.

Happened last time they played too.

I do the funny stuff.

Booker almost more attempts than Points :oops::$

50% from downtown. Let the haters hate.

In the last 5 games hes had 6 turnovers for 25 assists, which isnt too bad.

His shooting is a worry though.

FWIW in that same 5 game stretch Booker has had 14 turnovers for 9 assists.

Booker averages 32 minutes for less than 2 assists a game.

So one minute you can't compare them because they play different spots and now you're comparing them on assists. No wonder you Crow fans turn on each other so quick. No consistency.

Booker is 6 foot 6. He needs to be able to play in a variety of positions at that size. That comes with being a wing size player in today's league. Are there any good 6 foot 6 guys that don't play multiple positions?

Exactly right. So it should be no surprise that it will take time. He's got the things in his game already that are hard to teach, shooting mechanics, feel for the game and willingness to compete. Has played in games where others would miss with niggles. He's the best player on a team with no identity and a coach who would rather they all hug than execute a play.

Just like Amare was better than Dirk, you can be sure Booker will be superior to Mudiay

So Kevin Martin retiring means that the Knicks now have the guy with the worst shooting stroke in the league ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back