Prediction The run home, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't read much of the thread but is this where we predict which game the wheels will fall off our season?

Going with W vs Sydney then bollocks it all up personally.
Got that one wrong... woof. Over already.

Haven't read much of the thread but is this where we predict which game the wheels will fall off our season?

Going with W vs Sydney then bollocks it all up personally.

l9jB1wc.jpg

There's really no point to making it now if we don't win our next three. We can make it with two if Collingwood lose their next three or the Saints lose two out of three and their percentage drops by enough, but there's not much point to falling into the finals and getting belted in the first week.

There's really no point to making it now if we don't win our next three. We can make it with two if Collingwood lose their next three or the Saints lose two out of three and their percentage drops by enough, but there's not much point to falling into the finals and getting belted in the first week.
Exactly right. We'll lose at least 2 of the next 3 anyway.

Exactly right. We'll lose at least 2 of the next 3 anyway.
If we win all three we'll deserve to have made it and no one will care that we lost tonight. If we don't win all three the entire list and Goodwin can * right off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve also got A grade players in Petracca, Oliver, May, Lever. Weidemann will be a gun. Keep the list together, make some tweaks, we are box seat for a chance the next 3 years.
I would love to agree, but whenever I thought along these lines in the past I forgot that everything is relative. The problem is the rest of the comp will not stand still and let us improve say 20% to win a flag. Clubs like Rich, Coll, Eagles, Geel, Carl and Haw are ruthless and do not stand still. If we improve say 20% even with the players mentioned above, these Clubs will be busting their nuts to improve 30% or say 40%. Until we do something radically different we are always playing catch up.

Last edited:
Here is the MFC Plan:
Burgo has them under a huge workload - this was the last week of it hence we looked flat
After today he has released the training load and we are going to roar into finals as far and away the fittest team

Here is the MFC Plan:
Burgo has them under a huge workload - this was the last week of it hence we looked flat
After today he has released the training load and we are going to roar into finals as far and away the fittest team

Even we arent dumb enough to " load" guys over four and five day breaks.

Admirable attempt at trying to put a positive spin on a terrible loss all the same.

Even we arent dumb enough to " load" guys over four and five day breaks.

^ You sure about that bro?

Almost time for me to switch to my "I'm from Geelong so I have a second team" mode. I know that is disgraceful but gotta enjoy the finals somehow

Still invisioning Essendon sink us in the last round to knock us out of finals.

Joey D kicks 6 goals in the first half on May, then leaves the ground at half time to relocate to Sydney to live out the rest of his life boogie boarding at Bondi.

Essendon power on with 21 players to win by 60 points. We miss finals by percentage.

Thinking we’ll win one more game this season, in true dees fashion it’ll probably be GWS of all the three.

Kinda hoping Freo knock us off on Mondsy though so I can stop this false hope I have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back