Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if you kents would give us more than 47c in the dollar in GST returns we'd give you more than 65c in the dollar for Kelly.
Mate have you seen the margins on iron ore production? Surprised you're getting any gst revenue

It's guaranteed to make the cats pretty substantially worse off for at least a couple of years and reasonably likely that it doesn't get better after that.

You could probably say the same thing if you got pick 5, though. Right now Kelly is the equivalent of a player from the 2012 draft that is hitting his prime. You get guys like Oliver who are guns almost immediately but most of the time it takes a few years. 2016 is a good example. McGrath, Taranto, McLuggage, Ainsworth, Setterfield the top 5. McGrath has been consistent but you'd hope he has another gear, Taranto and McLuggage are having break out seasons, Ainsworth and Setterfield haven't done much yet. These guys have had 3 pre-seasons and are into their 3rd seasons at AFL level.

If you draft a couple of 18 year olds you would expect them to not have much impact in 2020, or be like Jordan Clark and start to drop off a bit as the season wears on. If a first year player can play most games and have an impact it's a bonus. But what you do with any draft picks that come in is your business. With two firsts in 2019 and two in 2020 for example some combination of picks might convince a team to part with another player.

You could probably say the same thing if you got pick 5, though. Right now Kelly is the equivalent of a player from the 2012 draft that is hitting his prime. You get guys like Oliver who are guns almost immediately but most of the time it takes a few years. 2016 is a good example. McGrath, Taranto, McLuggage, Ainsworth, Setterfield the top 5. McGrath has been consistent but you'd hope he has another gear, Taranto and McLuggage are having break out seasons, Ainsworth and Setterfield haven't done much yet. These guys have had 3 pre-seasons and are into their 3rd seasons at AFL level.

If you draft a couple of 18 year olds you would expect them to not have much impact in 2020, or be like Jordan Clark and start to drop off a bit as the season wears on. If a first year player can play most games and have an impact it's a bonus. But what you do with any draft picks that come in is your business. With two firsts in 2019 and two in 2020 for example some combination of picks might convince a team to part with another player.
Yeah true. I'm just not looking at the current draft class as being particularly awe inspiring. Last year the call for a top 10 pick was most likely because wells wanted one of those kids specifically. Now who knows.

Also I don't think Jordan Clark dropped off until the elbow injury. His move to the midfield meant his stats went up, although I agree his work in the backline had a bigger impact.

Question for all concerned....
What would happen re Kelly if he did his knee badly this weekend and was going to miss all of next year?

Would the Eagles still want him? Would the Cats?

Obviously don't want to see it happen but it's been something I've wondered about all year. As he is out of contract could the Cats just axe him if they wanted?

Brave call by the lad to not re sign.

Would love him at the Hawkies
Assuming Tim does a knee, he will probably be lured to Hawthorn and the Witch Doctors of Waverley.

PO - I have come around to Darcy from Freo and their first pick. If that happens, enjoy Freo Tim and family and we all go home happy.

That would be a fair trade but he is contracted snd they wont trade him imo. Pick 6 plus another top 20 pick from Freo is fair enough and i think we'd do that.

Hawthorn paid 23, 36 and a future first for 10 and 68. The future first ended up being pick 7.

A year later WC traded 50 and a future first for 21, 26, 37 and a future second. The future first and second ended up being two picks apart.

The likelihood of WC trading for a top 10 pick is very, very low. Our trading is so conservative it would not surprise me if Craig Vozzo was Cory Bernadi in a mask.

Hawthorn paid 23, 36 and a future first for 10 and 68. The future first ended up being pick 7.

A year later WC traded 50 and a future first for 21, 26, 37 and a future second. The future first and second ended up being two picks apart.

The likelihood of WC trading for a top 10 pick is very, very low. Our trading is so conservative it would not surprise me if Craig Vozzo was Cory Bernadi in a mask.
Is that how Vozzo got the "Crazy" nickname?

Don't give me further reason to dislike WC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or else what?

You have no leverage. Lose Kelly for nothing or something. Your choice.

If Kelly wanted to stay he could just sign.

Kellys not going to choose the draft...if you play that game he will choose Freo or Geelong imo.

Or else what?

You have no leverage. Lose Kelly for nothing or something. Your choice.

If Kelly wanted to stay he could just sign.

That is such a stupid comment. If that was actually the case then why don't West Coast just offer pick 50 or 60 or 80 for that matter. Geelong are so ****ed they will have to accept it or get nothing according to you. You are a moron and have no idea how it works. I guarantee that if he wants out Geelong will get at least 2 first round draft picks or what they consider the equivalent of. THAT'S A GUARANTEE AND ALL OF YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON IT!

Yeah true. I'm just not looking at the current draft class as being particularly awe inspiring. Last year the call for a top 10 pick was most likely because wells wanted one of those kids specifically. Now who knows.

SA has some special special talents next year. So does WA as well from what I have seen but SA has some real star potential.

That is such a stupid comment. If that was actually the case then why don't West Coast just offer pick 50 or 60 or 80 for that matter. Geelong are so f’ed they will have to accept it or get nothing according to you. You are a moron and have no idea how it works. I guarantee that if he wants out Geelong will get at least 2 first round draft picks or what they consider the equivalent of. THAT'S A GUARANTEE AND ALL OF YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON IT!
I am sure people are already bookmarking it!

Why should jack stevens get to choose where he goes?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
His wishes should be taken into account and a suitable trade should be entertained, but the cats shouldn't be able to pay massive unders for him. If the saints managers take anything like the trade valuations put on him by the saints board here then there won't be a trade. The reality is that he's not worth much to either party, unlike Kelly where trading him out has a massive impact on the club's performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back