Other Tim Tebow - 3,000 days between games

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tim Tebow

Broncos o-line is horrible
Broncos WR and TE suck
Broncos Defence is average
I'll claim it now, ROSEMVP = Riggy1990 :p;) alias?
Then again, he did come back playoff time. Mizza?

If you've seen his history on other boards, you'd realise 'Riggy1990' ;) looked good in comparison :eek:
The same Riggy who said Manning's career was built on his WRs YAC, despite being middle of the road in comparison to other stud QBs? :p

Sounds comparable ;)

The same Riggy who said Manning's career was built on his WRs YAC, despite being middle of the road in comparison to other stud QBs? :p

Sounds comparable ;)
That's the one ;)

I'd have Tebow at the Jets as a back-up to Sanchez..he'd be handy.

Tebow lead the comeback for them this season. Guy has a future in the nfl as starting QB.
Tebow only had to score 14-17 points more often than not just to win, ergo their D was winning games (Add in the fact that Tebow gave the other team the ball plenty of the time)

This thread is hilarious, as is the main Bronco forum I post on when comparing some of the posts from the same people after the Pittsburgh game compared to posts after last nights game.

Fact is the Broncos would not have been even in the playoffs if there wasn't a QB change after week 5. As I think it was Mile High Tiger said, I enjoyed the improbable ride, I went from being miserable and frankly bored with watching Denver to being excited about every game not knowing what to expect. Last weeks game will go down in history as one of the best. Blow outs happen, IIRC Elway completed 10 passes for around 120 yards, fumbled twice and threw two INT's in the Superbowl vs San Fran where we lost 55-10 (?). These things happen.

Now whether we succeed long term is the big question, and I really don't know the answer. I do know if the play calling and game day strategy doesn't change we are destined to fail. We did have a couple of injuries on D as well as the recieving corp having their struggles with consistency and injury so we should improve next season in both those areas.

IMO we need to work out if we can win with a QB in the mold of Tebow. If so we need to trade Quinn away and draft/trade for a similar QB to back him up. If we decide we can't and would be best served with a traditional QB then trading Tebow and retaining Quinn yet drafting/trading for another QB is the solution. TBH I love Tebow and that we go for the first option but would understand otherwise although would still hold a sceptical view of things if we retain our OC.

Tebowmania itself deserves to be ridiculed.

Tebow the QB has strong leadership skills and players get behind him, etc, but he still has room for improvement in general QB'ing skill -- tho there is a long way to go for that skill level to be considered 'average'.

I think that blowout loss was to Elway's favor, still think Elway will trade Tebow to the Jaguars, who have a new owner with stars in his eyes and a need to sell tickets, so that Elway can find his prototypical pocket-passing QB.

Tebowmania itself deserves to be ridiculed.

Tebow the QB has strong leadership skills and players get behind him, etc, but he still has room for improvement in general QB'ing skill -- tho there is a long way to go for that skill level to be considered 'average'.

I think that blowout loss was to Elway's favor, still think Elway will trade Tebow to the Jaguars, who have a new owner with stars in his eyes and a need to sell tickets, so that Elway can find his prototypical pocket-passing QB.

Don't worry im sick of Tebowmania and all the hangers on who are suddenly Denver/Tebow fans. I hope it dies down next season with the introduction of players like Luck etc.. but just as annoying as those "fans" are the general NFL fans and media folk who talk up Tebowmania just to cut him down.

He deserves another full season to estabslish himself imo. Give him next year, announce him as starter and see what happens after a full preason with the current HC etc..

Off season will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW i'd take Sanchez over Tebow if there was a draft tomorrow. By next season most teams would have figured Tebow and the Broncos' option O out.
He'll need to show he can sit in the pocket and go vertical. Think he'll be found out.

And who are the team mates bagging Sanchez? Holmes? Nick Mangold come out in strong support of him. Interesting to see how Sanchez goes with Sparano as OC.

Just remember Tebow will he his first real pre season since being a starter and he has said him self he's looking to fix some things up. Purely as a throwing quarter back though, Sanchez probably is better....FOR NOW!!

I think Denver would be crazy to trade out Tebow at this stage in his career. Not because of his abilities, or potential abilities, on the field but because of the interest he brings off field.

This is great publicity for the Denver side, not only within NFL circles but also in the gossip circles with this whole Katy Perry bullshit and his off-field actions and beliefs. Love or hate Tebowmania you cannot deny that it is raising the NFL profile for the right reasons (as opposed to all the off-field controversies that usually follow the sport) and could be as valuable to Denver as winning a championship for generating new supporters and therefore higher revenues.

IMO, they should spend the offseason developing their passing games for quick short yardage routes to allow Tebow to get more of a feeling for a rhythm required to get the passing game going and allow more opportunity to get the running game going if the D is worried about covering the zone.

Tebow doesn't need to be an elite QB on-field for Denver but just needs to maintain his off-field persona for the greater good.

This thread is hilarious, as is the main Bronco forum I post on when comparing some of the posts from the same people after the Pittsburgh game compared to posts after last nights game.

Fact is the Broncos would not have been even in the playoffs if there wasn't a QB change after week 5. As I think it was Mile High Tiger said, I enjoyed the improbable ride, I went from being miserable and frankly bored with watching Denver to being excited about every game not knowing what to expect. Last weeks game will go down in history as one of the best. Blow outs happen, IIRC Elway completed 10 passes for around 120 yards, fumbled twice and threw two INT's in the Superbowl vs San Fran where we lost 55-10 (?). These things happen.

Now whether we succeed long term is the big question, and I really don't know the answer. I do know if the play calling and game day strategy doesn't change we are destined to fail. We did have a couple of injuries on D as well as the recieving corp having their struggles with consistency and injury so we should improve next season in both those areas.

IMO we need to work out if we can win with a QB in the mold of Tebow. If so we need to trade Quinn away and draft/trade for a similar QB to back him up. If we decide we can't and would be best served with a traditional QB then trading Tebow and retaining Quinn yet drafting/trading for another QB is the solution. TBH I love Tebow and that we go for the first option but would understand otherwise although would still hold a sceptical view of things if we retain our OC.
Good post.

If it was not for Tebow the Raiders would have made the play offs(And also got smashed by NE).

I'm torn but love Tebow, Denver would be donkeys to let him go :)

As always, you need an elite QB to win the whole thing. There are a couple oddities, but for the most part, elite QBs get you into the playoffs on a consistent basis, get you deep in the playoffs, get you into Super Bowls.

Elway knows that is more important than an off-field circus. The fans might turn on him tho. But I think it's possible a trade to Jaguars.

But I think probably more likelier is this --- Elway will draft/acquire his prototypical pocket passing QB to develop into the franchise QB, and in the meantime Tebow will be put in a competition for the starters job (or be the starter week 1) running a normal pro-style offense, no more option. That way he's giving Tebow a chance to earn or hold onto the starters job, and if he doesn't he can move on to his chosen QB and not have to face fan vigilantism if he traded him.

Got this from my bro earlier..

9jLJh.jpg

:D

CBS apparently hoping to have Tebow join the mediots in the studio Sunday for the AFC Championship game. No answer from TT yet.

What a ridiculous picture.

Everyone knows fantasy season finishes in Week 17.
Ummmmmm, you do know there's playoff fantasy?

Jury still out.. Tebow and Elway need to see how a full Off season, OTA and TC goes. Then, and only then, once he has 5 -6 games into 2012 can a real assessment be made. Basically the guy is Rookie this year that helped and i say HELPED his team go from 4 -12 to 8-8 and a playoff win.
The biggest +ve was the improvement in his game over the weeks.... With Ko when were dead.... would put up some yards b/w the 20's but it ends there..... now with TT there was a spark... a chance. Now that spark may also blow the house up too... but it was a chance....

Is it a long term successful mold in its current format... I doubt it... but if teams keep putting 10 in the box and playing man deep look out.. the kid can throw.... With Elway in his ear working on his technique... ( feet and read progressions not throwing) I think there is hope...

Go Broncos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back