Other Tim Tebow - 3,000 days between games

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tim Tebow

It's been a re-education of Elway's (and general pro-football fans, coaches and owners) previous beliefs about QBs and pro-football. A pocket QB who can scramble off every now and then is completely different to an Option QB running an entirely Option-based offense

Tebow doesn't have to be a traditional QB putting up traditional QB stats for him to be an 'effective QB'. It all depends on the system being used. If you have an Option offense, an 'effective QBs' stats are generally those non-gaudy numbers we have seen from Tebow this season. The offense is entirely different to a traditional system. Calling 40 rush plays to 12 passes is no longer "abnormal".

Basically, what I'm saying is, Newton and Tebow, have opened the floodgates now for Pryor, RGIII etc. Legitimizing the effectiveness of college systems, not forcing college-system QBs into becoming pro-style QBs, validating more 'types' of QB in today's NFL than previously.

Skip Bayless to jizz all week on espn

1307888_o.gif

Noticed Tebow managed to throw for 3:16 yards ;) GB2 :D

Fair point, if the only stat you saw of Tebow's performance today was 10/21, you'd say he hadn't been effective by normal QB standards (Matt Ryan's 24/41 would imply a better performance), but that's obviously not true. Tebow could still improve a lot as a passer, but right now we're seeing that he doesn't necessarily have to.

Fair point, if the only stat you saw of Tebow's performance today was 10/21, you'd say he hadn't been effective by normal QB standards (Matt Ryan's 24/41 would imply a better performance), but that's obviously not true. Tebow could still improve a lot as a passer, but right now we're seeing that he doesn't necessarily have to.

Yep, that's what I'm getting at.

And I'm gonna continue this in that other thread about "college tactics in the NFL".

It's been a re-education of Elway's (and general pro-football fans, coaches and owners) previous beliefs about QBs and pro-football. A pocket QB who can scramble off every now and then is completely different to an Option QB running an entirely Option-based offense

Tebow doesn't have to be a traditional QB putting up traditional QB stats for him to be an 'effective QB'. It all depends on the system being used. If you have an Option offense, an 'effective QBs' stats are generally those non-gaudy numbers we have seen from Tebow this season. The offense is entirely different to a traditional system. Calling 40 rush plays to 12 passes is no longer "abnormal".

Basically, what I'm saying is, Newton and Tebow, have opened the floodgates now for Pryor, RGIII etc. Legitimizing the effectiveness of college systems, not forcing college-system QBs into becoming pro-style QBs, validating more 'types' of QB in today's NFL than previously.

I still have my doubts about its long-term viability but maybe it's a valid approach and in future we'll see more adapting according to the QB's personal weapons. Obviously I hope so... I'm still jumping for joy right now.

I am sick of people giving stone-wall assessments they've clearly gained by listening to media people, as opposed to watching the relevant games.

Noticed Tebow managed to throw for 3:16 yards ;) GB2 :D

Thats not the only Broncos 3:16 reference. From Kirk Morrison's (Bills LB) twitter:

Coincidence or not. Tebow threw for 316 yards today. Tebow 3:16

Tebow had a 31.6 yards per completion average. Tebow 3:16

Tebow 3:16 again RT @LindsayAnne13: @kirkmorrison Steelers time of possession: 31.06

Tebow 3:16 RT @benyarrington: @kirkmorrison Broncos also avereaged 316.6 yards per game offensively this year...

Tebow 3:16 RT @haneypeps: @kirkmorrison @benyarrington 10 completions = 10 commandments

Tebow 3:16 RT @theShawneboy: @kirkmorrison game went to OT = Old Testament

Tebow 3:16 RT @ JoshuaJamesNY: @kirkmorrison @theShawneboy On 3rd and 16 in the 2nd quarter Ben threw an interception. This is getting deep!

Broncos were 100/1 to win the SB before this game...maybe, just maybe?

[YOUTUBE]0IQZoC5ub9Q[/YOUTUBE]

Demaryius Thomas looked every bit the high draft pick on the highlight reel... maybe that has something to do with Tebows game??

And Steelers DBs are average, Thomas made them look worse.

:eek:

Get a grip NFL world.

Here here.. :thumbsu:

I think this more to do with what Rodney Dangerfield has been saying.. (as in other teams showing) "NO Respect".

The amount of blow-ins during this time of year shouldn't surprise really, Fuey... you know how it is.

THE CLOWN CONVENTION of BF has ARRIVED!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

three-smiling-clowns.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hateful Woody :p

Ike 'Elite' Taylor :D

Anyone have that article from the preseason?

After that inglorious output.. send out the clowns to find it. :p

Enjoy the moment.. it was a product of the "No respect" group that I feared.

One good thing about this 'stunning loss' is that it'll put the many Steeler fanbase in the US back in their box for being shamelessly ignorant of what Tebow has accomplished. :thumbsu: Always find a new/ better angle.

I've actually been discussing with Chism of the possibility of embracing a SECOND NFL team. That's what has become of following a 'old glory box' team of the 70's that many of their fans loving living in the past STILL with. :rolleyes:

If you understood where I stand with "claiming a championship" and not bragging about something you were never part of.

Indeed. Not to mention I've heard Ike's name a few too many times this year for the elite category.

Tbf he started off well, but he's reverted back to being just above average now (with the obvious exception of today where he gave Justin King a run for his money for the title of worst starting CB).

Anyway, enough Ike, more Tebow!
ofsgsi.png

Here here.. :thumbsu:

I think this more to do with what Rodney Dangerfield has been saying.. (as in other teams showing) "NO Respect".

The amount of blow-ins during this time of year shouldn't surprise really, Fuey... you know how it is.

THE CLOWN CONVENTION of BF has ARRIVED!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

three-smiling-clowns.jpg

I might be considered part of the blow-ins, I don't post all that much anymore!!:D

Easy decision for you. Dust off your old Montana & Rice jerseys and embrace the new guys:

[YOUTUBE]PwwkIHlqD5g[/YOUTUBE]

:D Still holding me to my 'passive past'.
I was actually thinking the next big thing>> the upcoming Panthers.

Was quite impressed with Randall Cunningham and Warren Moon back in the day and Cam Newton is a cross between these two former greats.

The ol' school Steelers mentality from (much of) the US fans is getting very old now.
They keep claiming 'SIX' even though they're were not old enough to appreciate it at the time. It's great to stay educated about history but sheesh,
the inane 'six rings bragging rights' is sheer BS and grasping at short straws.

I still remain a bigger fan of the NFL than just being a stock standard 'Steelers'
fan. Dissappointed but not bitter.

I might be considered part of the blow-ins, I don't post all that much anymore!!:D

No need to when your part of the AE. :)
Your passion speaks thru your participation during the regular season when all the current monkeys stay clear of these boards.

Went looking for something like this after the Broncos win*:

35gwqv.jpg

*don't actually think he sucks, but thought the O'Reilly meme was appropriate

Found these aswell which made me laugh:

35c7yb.jpg

13014852.jpg

And from a few weeks back (with a different perspective):

screen_shot_20111219_at_1.59.03_pm_300.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back