Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell currently ranks 67th for average clearances in the AFL.(In his Brownlow year he was 1st).

Apart from daisy chain handballs what exactly is he currently delivering?
He's third in the comp for effective disposals. Second behind Macrae if it's based on averages.

I get that Mitchell is not a super dynamic burst player. But this idea that he's useless is ridiculous.

Carlton need a midfielder who can win the ball. Their closer to a flag than the Hawks.

Win/win situation.

Hawthorn get a first round pick in which they can then use to get a young player in the draft, Carlton get a midfielder that can complement Cripps and Walsh. With Hawthorn perhaps paying 50% of Mitchell’s remaining salary.

It wouldn’t take much for the Blues to turn it around.
Hawthorn get a first round pick in which they can then use to get a young player in the draft, Carlton get a midfielder that can complement Cripps and Walsh. With Hawthorn perhaps paying 50% of Mitchell’s remaining salary.
Give me a spell. Trading pick 6-7 for a guy who'll be 29 in May would be madness.

Do you understand the difference between relevant and irrelevant information?
Probably phased that the wrong way the Lions probably have 3 first round picks to trade if they want to go down that angle with our first pick in 2022 most likely chewed up with a bid on Father/Son Will Ashcroft who Cal Twomey rates as a top 5 pick in the 2022 national draft

Probably phased that the wrong way the Lions probably have 3 first round picks to trade if they want to go down that angle with our first pick in 2022 most likely chewed up with a bid on Father/Son Will Ashcroft who Cal Twomey rates as a top 5 pick in the 2022 national draft
What's your point?

You think Brisbane would be open to trading their 2022 first-rounder as well?

OK, great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that you're in contention and have an extra first-rounder is significant.

What other reasons would you expect?
Filling a gap in our starting side or list,
Has weapons that suit our game style,
Has enough years left that in time will step into one of our older players roles

To me, at this point in his career Mitchell doesn’t bring enough of any of the above that makes him worth more than a first round pick might bring us.

Would much rather see a younger player join the list and Graham, RCD and co get that midfield time

Filling a gap in our starting side or list,
Has weapons that suit our game style,
Has enough years left that in time will step into one of our older players roles
Mitchell could be a top three midfielder at Richmond next year, when you'll be chasing another flag. He wouldn't be going to replace an older player long term. He'd be going there to improve your midfield right now as an elite, high-volume inside midfielder.

To me, at this point in his career Mitchell doesn’t bring enough of any of the above that makes him worth more than a first round pick might bring us.
A late first-rounder that could end up being 20-odd? Of course he does.

+1 for not really seeing the Richmond move. Potentially good for the player if Richmond contend over the next 1-2 years but could have the making of another move to Hawthorn. Richmond have some good young players but you don't just replace their over 30s guys overnight. Could easily be a lull of a couple of years before they are contending again.

Carlton maybe but I don't think he would be a difference maker there. Would take pressure off Cripps and Walsh but is that what they need? IMO they need someone like Williams (who they recruited to be a mid) to actually play in the middle. Cripps and Walsh don't average a goal a game between them. A young Marc Murphy would be ideal.

Tom Mitchell would be on $800k+ at Hawthorn

Richmond wont have that cap space with Bolton & Coleman Jones yet to sign

Tom Brown just reading too much bigfooty in the green room thinking "I dont have anything''

Back