List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two firsts and a second for beams? No thanks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting someone else to carrying his wage bill costs currency of some sort. In this case pay overs in picks and unders in wages. Would be worth two flags if we got him on top of Lynch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else staggered as to why we didn't have a crack at Brayden Preuss? Surely can't go into another season with over reliance on Nank. Soldo is ordinary at absolute best, would have been nice to have a player who you can put into the team every few weeks to give Nank a spell when required and not have to stress about doing so.

RFC looks like they made an offield blunder here.

One would sign Scully before renewing Grigg and Houli on face value

Houli is good to have still. But you'd think Markov is being primed for his role in 12 months. Wouldn't be suprised if RFC has told Grigg and Houli, if we are lucky enough to win the flag in 2019 that they need to retire.

3 years will do with triggers for a 4th is plenty
If his main asset is his running he’s going to start slowing down soon would be silly to offer him anything long term

He won’t slow down. He’s an elite runner and blokes who run marathons run better times in their 30s. However I understand they don’t play footy.

It’s his injury that concerns me but I think we will have to offer 5 years for him to accept. He wants security

Might also mean Scully is interested in us, but we might not be able to match what Hawthorn are offering.

Thats my take. I dont think we are completely out of it, as why tour the club? BUT we dont have the cash the hawks do.

I'll find out more though soon hopefully

Houli is good to have still. But you'd think Markov is being primed for his role in 12 months. Wouldn't be suprised if RFC has told Grigg and Houli, if we are lucky enough to win the flag in 2019 that they need to retire.

Do the math, 1 year or more for Grigg and Houli compared to 6 years at least for Scully and Markov does not have the pedigree demonstrated yet.

This is where one would add years to Scully's contract, backload and pay up when the likes of Houli and Grigg retire and others get traded out!!

If he wants to go to Hawthorn and will only accept the amount that Hawthorn offered, then there isn't much wiggling room for GWS if the salary cap squeeze rumours are true. Yeah, we probably have a better pick on offer for GWS than Hawthorn, but if Scully does not agree with the maximum we can offer him in terms of salary then GWS may have to accept the later pick that Hawthorn is offering. What Scully is happy with is first in trade negotiations and then comes what GWS is happy with.

Not gonna lie. I'll be a bit disappointed if Scully ends up leaving for a late pick.
I know we got Lynch and we should be happy....but I'm greedy.

We better smash the draft.

So to summarise:

- Tigs and GCS are in discussions with draft picks and a young player, hoping Brodie or Schrimshaw
- Scully a Hawk or Tiger at this stage. We can't offer as much but we are keen as mustard
- Us as supporters thinking we may be going for Burton but nothing confirmed as yet
- Lloyd probably off to Dogs and we are waiting to see if we only get a draft pick or if we can entertain a player swap and give something more in return
- Stengle will move to Crows at some stage, not sure what we will receive
- Townsend being considered or been offered to Lions for a possible swap of players
- Zac Clarke as a rookie but probably be picked up before we have a chance to
- Ellis hope he stays. Over people wanting to get rid of him when we need cover with all the outs. He annoys most of us but can play and he has been handy over the years. If anychance he is leaving, we need something very decent in return.
Ellis by all accounts seems to be a team man as was Miles. It's sad to see them go, but I guess that's the price you pay for success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna lie. I'll be a bit disappointed if Scully ends up leaving for a late pick.
I know we got Lynch and we should be happy....but I'm greedy.

We better smash the draft.

If the late pick thing is true ill be pissed off, was willing to part with a first for him tbh

Thats my take. I dont think we are completely out of it, as why tour the club? BUT we dont have the cash the hawks do.

I'll find out more though soon hopefully

I would hope that if reports of a 3rd round pick for Scully is correct that we jump right on in with our first!

Can’t let Horks get him for that!

As for the offer - time to upgrade someone for him as he would replace most of our bottom 10 in a heartbeat

Anyone else staggered as to why we didn't have a crack at Brayden Preuss? Surely can't go into another season with over reliance on Nank. Soldo is ordinary at absolute best, would have been nice to have a player who you can put into the team every few weeks to give Nank a spell when required and not have to stress about doing so.
He’s s**t, Soldo is better

If the late pick thing is true ill be pissed off, was willing to part with a first for him tbh
Hmmm, how much of his wage could GWS retain in return for a better pick? By the sounds of it, they have no room to pay any of it, but what if we offered 17 on the proviso GWS chip in, say, $100k p.a. to help get the $ up to where Scully wants?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back