List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And rightfully so, there would be some long term servants at our club that would be pi**ed that they aren't on that and a player in year 3 is.

The salary landscape has massively changed. Only a few years ago a $600k pa salary would have put you in the top 1-2 players at a club, now there's media reports that Carlton have offered Jack Martin $650k pa and Bulldogs $700k.
The same Jack Martin that was dropped from bottom team GC and averages only 16 touches per game.

Yes Papley is contracted till 2023 but is gettable for Blues Pick 8 or something like that plus a player..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is papely even that good.

I avoid watching swan matches because they play a boring as * brand but all I know about papely is that he has a punchable face

I avoid watching swan matches because they play a boring as fu** brand but all I know about papely is that he has a punchable face
He's a good player. Small forward who has played more through the mid this year and is a tackling machine. He's like Swans version of Toby Greene (not quite that good but very punchable). I think the fact he has years and years left on his contract means the Blues need to give up quite a bit to get him

I wonder if the claims being floated in the media of us offering Kelly 5 million over 6 years are true? And if they are true does that mean we do actually have the money for him? Can you make an offer to somebody before you have the money set aside or do you make the offer and then try and find the money?

I see the only obstacle to getting Kelly is the cap space issue and i hope that reports that we have made an offer means we have solved that problem and found the money.

On another note, it is probably unfortunate for us that we are playing Geelong. If we dump them out in straight sets i think that they will get extra feral in the Kelly negotiations.
Rule 1. If it is in the media it is not correct. I suspect the Kelly move is sorted by now.

I avoid watching swan matches because they play a boring as fu** brand but all I know about papely is that he has a punchable face

To break a contract Carlton need to pay overs and Papley isn’t to bad he could probably be a 30 - 50 goal player for Carlton..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Image result for family guy ostrich gif

Not sure if it's been mentioned much but the afl.com report on free agents said Schoey and Masten might get offered one-year deals but have been told they're free to look elsewhere. (Obviously taken with a grain of salt considering where it's posted)

If Masten sees opportunity elsewhere I think good luck to him, fair enough, but really think Schoey is a must sign. We'll hopefully be in premiership contention again next year and a) he's in our best team I think and b) even if he's a backup that's invaluable, Gov/Barrass will get some injuries and we need to win games.

Would we offer him 2 years just to keep him here next year? Or 1 year deal on a bit more money. Feel like he's the type who bleeds blue and gold so would stay regardless but as such a good servant of the club you'd hope we'd reward that a bit rather than chucking him on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back