List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the question is how do we open up list spots to use these picks for players through the draft or trading.

From what I can figure out of the top
of my head the following players are currently out of contract.

Mutimer - Cut. Plenty of depth in this area with Rotham, Watson, Cole & Nelson are capable at AFL level.

Allen - Moved to rookie list. Ready for AFL. Awaiting opportunities. Consistently named in extended squad. Would have got a game at others clubs.

Achee - Moved to rookie list. Big mature Bodie. Versatile and can play a number of roles. Injuries at times and a successful team mean opportunities have been hard to come by. Good rookie list option IMO.

Nelson - New contract or used in trade. Currently in the best 22 and is playing his role. Is versatile can play defence and possibly a tagging role. People are kidding themselves if they think he will be delisted.

Jetta - Keep/Retire. Best 22. Found his role, calves are still holding out. Later start to his AFL career than most. Does he have the hunger for another year? How would possibly going B2B change his thinking? If he wants it, he gets another year.

Masten - Keep/Retire. Best 22. Only 30. Has looked cooked a couple of times over the last few years but to his credit he’s fought his way back. Plays his role, works hard. Do we currently have anyone who can play his role better? Would possibly going B2B be enough for him to call it a day. Won’t be delisted and doubt he’d be traded.

Schofield - Keep/Retire. AFL quality player who isn’t best 22 consistently because WCE are blessed for talls. Can’t see him leaving now as he is 31 and had plenty of opportunity to leave in earlier years. Seems quite content with his media gigs, marshalling the young eagles at the beagles & stepping into the seniors when needed. Would going B2B make him consider retirement to venture into the media world?

Watson - Upgrade/Keep on rookie list. Was always going to take a few years. Was raw when drafted but his talent was obvious. Has been close to a debut a number of times but injuries have stopped that. West Coast clearly rate him. Finally got his chance on the weekend and looked great. Can we keep him as a rookie for another year? Do we have room on the main list? We’d regret not keeping him in IMO.

Mciness - Delist. Not needed. Has been a great squad member but it’s time.

Brooksby - Delist. Not needed. Williams is showing signs and will be into his second year. We already have Nic Nat, Vardy, Hickey plus Allen although undersized has been serviceable. That’s enough rucks.

Smith - Delist. Good pickup for a year. But seems vanilla. Good runner but seems to have dodgy hammys.

So after all that not taking into consideration retirements/trades you’d end up with 3 mains list spots and 1 rookie spot available. We always went with a 39-5 list profile this year so we could go 40-4 which would leave 4 main list spots open.
Watson is contracted for next year so Im guessing he has already been upgraded to the main list.

6092d5fbdeba5e783ce29aaf68918b02.gif

“Trade two players I think are bad for one player I think is elite”.

This is like watching an infant grapple with processing object value. There’s a stage in development where kids think, for example, a small biscuit broken in half is actually better than a bigger biscuit, because two > one. Glad I got to see the footy equivalent.
Theres a solution for every problem
e1b0621c43044b1e53764c9f07d3532f.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think Tom Hickey’s dad could beat your dad in a fight.
TBF, My wife wears the pants in our household and i don't think young Thomas has a chance.

That's slightly incorrect. The Hickster wouldn't need to "beat" anyone's dad at all, because even before the fight has begun, he's already won by default.

Little known fact, but HickGod is actually incapable of losing, just like how Cole is a certainty to be dropped this week.

That's slightly incorrect. The Hickster wouldn't need to "beat" anyone's dad at all, because even before the fight has begun, he's already won by default.

Little known fact, but HickGod is actually incapable of losing, just like how Cole is a certainty to be dropped this week.
Nah KING COLE has naughty Pics of Vozzo. He's safe.

Also you should never back a wounded Lion Cole into a corner. #KingCole.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 10.41.24 PM.png

I like Will Gould and there is a lot of Hurn about him.

Not sure if he is the enforcer sort as this is a quality more often displayed away from the carnival.

Now Barrass has shown what impact his body can do when he collides with people. We now need to teach him to have some fun and take his opportunities to split the pack and be that enforcer.

Unfortunately Nelson has the intent but not the body.

Gould has that honourable trait of a Woosha or Waters to go hard and protect his teammates..

He’s not a thug enforcer as enforcer ‘s go ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you have one of the undisputed best ruckman in footy, Gawn/Grundy level, then they’re all worth about the same. A pretty good best 22 ruckman is not worth much more than a replacement level ruckman.

The gap between English and a ruckman off the scrap heap every few years is not nearly as big as the gap between All Australian winger Andrew Gaff and a midfielder off the scrap heap.

We’re not trading Andrew Gaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back