Traded Troy Menzel [traded to Adelaide for #28 and Sam Kerridge]

Remove this Banner Ad

You constantly bag the club for never taking any risks, yet bag them when they do take a risk? Not surprising, but was hoping you may have been better than that.

It's a valid concern, he had LARS surgery at 16. The odds are pretty high that at some point in his career he's going to miss a year with another ACL.

No way do I trust it to last his career!

If Carlton do this trade they are seriously going down the wrong path. Keep Menzel he is just about the most talented player on the list. Why trade out another goal kicker.
Trade out 21 for the players from GWS if the club wants them so badly. However not sure why chasing 4 players who can't get a game at another club. Not sure SOS going about the rebuild properly here.

Yep this move is very scary unless Slivani is prey to something we're not, or he's got under deal up his sleeve?

So Menzel was pick 11? Kerridge pick 27.

11 = 1323

27+28= 1380

The points add up fellas let's get this show on the road.

Totally unfair trade!

Adelaide end up with 57 point shortfall. I wouldn't want you to be short-changed...

Carlton give pick 59 = 158pts

Adelaide give Cam Ellis Yoemen (pick 64) and Taylor Walker (pick 75) = 101 + 0.

Perfectly even trade now. You can thank me later.

:rolleyes:

Menzel's knees scare me, without them, he's a first rounder, but with them, it's iffy.

Kerridge under rated here, he'll play 100 games, easily, he's good.

If Carlton can make that GWS deal happen, then I think they come out this little threesome looking pretty good.

Probably can't look much worse. Their list is ordinary and I don't think guys like Henderson and Yarran are big losses. I thought Menzel looked skilful but a little soft so not sure the "softness" is something the new coach wants in his team.

You seriously think a trade like this comes about last minute? The details take a while to get sorted, but there is no doubt the Crows would have been targeting Menzel ever since he was drafted.

Menzel for Kedge and 28? Would take years to put together I suppose. You're suggesting that Carlton are repaying some of the extra discount that we gave Geelong on morning 1 of trade period. I'm suggesting there is no connection between the trades and that each stands alone. We could have gotten more from Geelong and used it to get Menzel anyway. Why risk Carlton accepting that we did indeed give Geelong the discount so they had more for Hendo and maintaining the goodwill for a week. That is what you're siggesting and I call bullshit.

This has a lot of Josh Walker and 28 type of action that everyone said was "done" and we got a future first round pick.

Carlton have had no leaks so far this trade period.

Henderson for Walker + 28 (Wrong) - First Round Pick
Bell for 3rd round pick (Wrong) - Pick 21
Yarran for Pick 19 (Wrong) - (Still see a future first round pick coming our way)

With so many people thinking this deal is stupid and outrageous, and with our track record so far - I just DO NOT see this happening...

We have picks 20 + 21 already - I don't see how pick 28 will get us the 4 GWS kids but not one of these picks... If GWS is willing to take 28 then they will accept 21.

I just don't see it.

It's simple.

You want the 4 GWS ķids. You want Kerridge. You want to keep picks 20 and 21.

You don't want Menzel.

Am I missing something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Adelaide paying Carlton in some way?

Jacobs, Betts, now Menzel for unders, off load Trigg to Carlton etc.

Carlton certainly have been very generous to Adelaide. Too generous...
This isn't very Carlton at all. Rather suspicious. An investigation is maybe needed.

We have picks 20 + 21 already... If GWS is willing to take 28 then they will accept 21.

This is the part of the deal that makes no sense to me as well. There's absolutely no reason to offer a quality youngster for such a nothing pick and a B-grade player. Something doesn't add up.

I know his considered a bit of a front runner but seriously Carlton trading Menzel makes no football sense whatsoever. Would be another forward that Carlton trade out who kills it at his new club circa JK, Betts, Garlett and Waite

Just like sending picks 20 or 21 to GWS for Lamb, Phillips and Sumner. Laughable. Throwing a recent high pick in Plowman sweetens it a bit but the other 3 are worth second round picks at absolute best.

Losing Menzel will be a bonus to carlton.
He's never gonna be a 20 game a year player and will always be a potential.
Win here for the blooz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back