A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that Dylan Jones' clearance from SKOB's to the WRFL was denied. The usual admin issue or something more?

Xavs once again look the ones to beat. Gun players Tim Golds, Murphy Ambrose and Chris Waller joining an already formidable outfit.
Unconfirmed reports the older Beetham may have retired but otherwise they remain largely intact. Will take some beating.

Xavs once again look the ones to beat. Gun players Tim Golds, Murphy Ambrose and Chris Waller joining an already formidable outfit.
Unconfirmed reports the older Beetham may have retired but otherwise they remain largely intact. Will take some beating.

Will always be a strong home grown contender...but will have to have everything go right to compete with the 2017 SKOB outfit. Some amazing outside AFL talent coming in from the Skobbery.

Will always be a strong home grown contender...but will have to have everything go right to compete with the 2017 SKOB outfit. Some amazing outside AFL talent coming in from the Skobbery.
Give me a spell, SKOB only won 8 games last year and have lost a heap of players, they will be happy to avoid relegation whilst blooding half a dozen under 19 players from last season.

Xavier definitely heavy favourites, although I believe their skipper Shaw has moved overseas? Not sure if this is 100% correct, and whilst Ambrose struggled for a kick at Norwood, Waller and Golds will certainly add to their top end.

I'm also led to believe Sam Fisher is unlikely to play more than half the season at best at Beaumaris, whilst Darcy Holden has pulled the pin at St Bede's/Mentone.

At this early stage you would think OX, Trinity, Blues clear favourites to play finals, with Collegians to push De La for fourth with the lions new on ball brigade a stand out.

Give me a spell, SKOB only won 8 games last year and have lost a heap of players, they will be happy to avoid relegation whilst blooding half a dozen under 19 players from last season.

Xavier definitely heavy favourites, although I believe their skipper Shaw has moved overseas? Not sure if this is 100% correct, and whilst Ambrose struggled for a kick at Norwood, Waller and Golds will certainly add to their top end.

I'm also led to believe Sam Fisher is unlikely to play more than half the season at best at Beaumaris, whilst Darcy Holden has pulled the pin at St Bede's/Mentone.

At this early stage you would think OX, Trinity, Blues clear favourites to play finals, with Collegians to push De La for fourth with the lions new on ball brigade a stand out.

While I don’t buy the unbackable favourite rubbish touted by Canada, any team with Brown, Jamar, Schulz (if his back holds up), Strauss, Williams, Coates, Edgar, Gleeson, the younger Salopek plus Gilham & Gysberts (if they play) must at least be considered as a contender. Any chance the Holden from SBMT will join the younger bro at SKOBs?

I am still hearing that Fisher may not play at all.

While I don’t buy the unbackable favourite rubbish touted by Canada, any team with Brown, Jamar, Schulz (if his back holds up), Strauss, Williams, Coates, Edgar, Gleeson, the younger Salopek plus Gilham & Gysberts (if they play) must at least be considered as a contender. Any chance the Holden from SBMT will join the younger bro at SKOBs?

Wow!! When you see the names penned down like that..you'd have to say they'd be a contender in the AFL, let alone the VAFA.
Don't think we have seen a stronger team ever ready to dominate 2017. Must be exciting times down at the Skobbery..

You forgot dowd. Is edgar back playing ?

Wow!! When you see the names penned down like that..you'd have to say they'd be a contender in the AFL, let alone the VAFA.
Don't think we have seen a stronger team ever ready to dominate 2017. Must be exciting times down at the Skobbery..

As I said earlier...Its like "Ground Fog Day". Same spiel as 2016......and guess what, they won 8 games.
Canada I think you should get a hold of yourself and wait till we are 4 - 5 games in...then make your predictions with the evidence
before us...

As I said earlier...Its like "Ground Fog Day". Same spiel as 2016......and guess what, they won 8 games.
Canada I think you should get a hold of yourself and wait till we are 4 - 5 games in...then make your predictions with the evidence
before us...

Thats "Hog"...........

I'm with you Briza on this one - to drop from a % of 236 (Prem B 2015), to 96 (Prem A, 2016) SKOB really need to step up the commitment. Certainly, got the players.

Early games against Blues, De La and Trinity will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just took a look at the VAFA website. Once again, the fixturing function is hopeless. Screen jumps about and you can't see all the games for a single round on screen without having to scroll down. Then to get to the next round, you need to do it all again. Would be nice if there was a simple pdf for each grade that had all the games for the year in the one spot. Is that asking too much?

before us...

Yes, they did win 8 games in 16, but I'm tipping a big improvement.
There unders are packed with talent. And we all know the big names coming in.
I have em on top. Like Trinity and Wesley as well. Xavs to round out the 4. Predictions are fun.

Yes, they did win 8 games in 16, but I'm tipping a big improvement.
There unders are packed with talent. And we all know the big names coming in.
I have em on top. Like Trinity and Wesley as well. Xavs to round out the 4. Predictions are fun.

In my opinion its easier for VFL players to fit in more easily than AFL players. Generaly younger and closer to the age band of most Ammo players
with a standard closer to the Ammos's (Premier) level.The likes of Jamar (how old?) should be good but he wont be always getting the ball lace out on the chest, as in the AFL. Im tipping he will running a lot more in the Ammos for a kick..............Yep....it sure is fun.

In my opinion its easier for VFL players to fit in more easily than AFL players. Generaly younger and closer to the age band of most Ammo players
with a standard closer to the Ammos's (Premier) level.The likes of Jamar (how old?) should be good but he wont be always getting the ball lace out on the chest, as in the AFL. Im tipping he will running a lot more in the Ammos for a kick..............Yep....it sure is fun.

I should qualify that and say those AFL players closer to 30 than 20 years of age now entering the VAFA..

Good point, though not sure Jamar ever got it lace out at Melbourne or Essendon. All he needs to do is tap the ball to the SKOBS onball parade, and he should do this fairly well. I am also not sure he would need to run much more than he would on the G. The Dairy Bell amongst others, will seem like a light jog in comparison

I reckon Jamar may go alright, just quietly.

I'm hearing Old Xavs have a couple of ex AFL players with no affiliation to their school up their sleeve too, how dare they!

Also don't believe the alleged crisis at Blacks, not whilst Ray is involved.

Surely Trinity deserve more discussion? OM's?

I'm hearing Old Xavs have a couple of ex AFL players with no affiliation to their school up their sleeve too, how dare they!

I agree with all you say. Just using Jamar as an example of what may be fall aging AFL players.

OTs must be shell shocked...OM's have lost their big ruckman and one other I hthink..

Xavs don't have any ex AFL players up their sleeve for this season. It would be great if Xavs did. For Xavs that is. But unfortunately it isn't the case.

FWIW is the new "jet" from Panton Hill a Xavier boy as well?

Seems he is an alumni of a school whose old boys team play in D2. Does seem a tad unusual he would travel from a club in the ‘deep north’ to play for OX. Perhaps he has moved into the leafy inner SE. I am sure he is a fine player but with all due respect to the player in question, there are plenty of far more credentialed players joining the VAFA this year. Xavs have an abundance of this type, including the 3 Caulfield Grammar boys they recruited last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back