Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually don't mind this.
Only problem would be the family man being away for two weeks, especially if they have compromised children ala Tim Kelly.
Question,,, who picks up the hotel tab which would run into tens of thousands??,
When there's talk of Hugh McCluggage being able to command $1.3 million, there's more than enough to go around. It's player welfare, just drop the next salary cap increase by $100,000. There's close to $2 million.

Probably better doing 1 week stints where you knock off 2 away games with only one travel. Take families. 3 paid family holidays a year - a week in Qld, NSW, Adelaide Melbourne. Three less Nullabor flights.

Those trams can get pretty busy before a big game.
And the traffic is a real pain with the millions moving into Melbourne and the state going bankrupt trying to build infrastructure for them all.

So what you are trying to say is that Melbourne turning into a slum.

Funny thing is they think their football teams will survive. Era of cheap money is over.

What has an NBA study got to do with AFL? 6 days with no travel vs 6 days with a long flight are 2 completely different things, and the bye is 2 weeks so it's not relevant to the discussion, similar to your NBA study.
If you had followed along, you decided to reply to a post that was in reponse to a WA wally who was bringing up NBA travel fatigue. I agree, a moronic comparison!

Your graph doesn't account for travel either so it's useless to the discussion.
Yeah, it is focussed on different recovery between the home team and away team.

When a home team has 3 or more days less rest than their opponent they are advantaged.

But WC fans think it is worth a sook, and another example of bias against them.

Teams that get Thursday night slots on a 5 day break are usually playing other teams also on a 5 day break so its irrelevant, again.
Wrong again.

It is usually just one team one a 5 day break up against a team with a longer break.

WC one of the few teams who dont suffer a 5 day break...yet another example of bias against them.

that is a lie
Tis a fact.

Gold Coast first 13 seasons, they played 16 games against WC, 11 of them in Perth and only had 5 home games against WC in QLD.

The 5 were in these years - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020 and 2022.

And 2020 was part of COVID hub, so could even drop that.

Dogs the next least with just 6.

But I guess making Gold Coast do the big trip 11x to just 5 for WC is just another example of the AFL being unfair to the Eagles.

Last edited:
Best is always to ask vic fans on how travel should be handled

And of course, answer is for other teams to travel to Victoria and just stay.

Let’s sing a along:

Going woke and going broke - Victoriaaaaa!!!
A lot of WA fans either want the travel situation to remain the same so they've got an excuse to whinge about or want the "equity" of 15 home games in a 23 game season.

Didn't gold coast just do a week in Darwin rather than travelling their twice? Or did I miss hear that?

The first part of the
A lot of WA fans either want the travel situation to remain the same so they've got an excuse to whinge about or want the "equity" of 15 home games in a 23 game season.

Didn't gold coast just do a week in Darwin rather than travelling their twice? Or did I miss hear that?
The first part of the post is a good suggestion lol

Yep, Gold Coast spent a week in Darwin and played 2 games, including a 5 day break to get the Thursday night footy slot in.

Tis a fact.

Gold Coast first 13 seasons, they played 16 games against WC, 11 of them in Perth and only had 5 home games against WC in QLD.

The 5 were in these years - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020 and 2022.

And 2020 was part of COVID hub, so could even drop that.

Dogs the next least with just 6.

But I guess making Gold Coast do the big trip 11x to just 5 for WC is just another example of the AFL being unfair to the Eagles.
Okay, but from 2011 - 2023 West Coast faced the other QLD club (Brisbane) 12 times at the Gabba out of 15 meetings. 2 of those 12 games were during 14-15 where as you have kindly pointed out, West Coast also travelled to the Gold Coast.

How is making the WA club travel the longest road trip in footy twice in a season fair?

As I said penalised when it's urgent!! Know what I mean. Ultimately it's a business and Collingwood bring in more dollars to the afl.
They are a required commodity in the finals
I was one of the few pies supporters who actually didn’t lose my mind when the Maynard block wasn’t called
You know why?
Pies actually scored a goal that I thought was illegitimate at the time but wasn’t called by the umpire.
You may remember Stephenson running into an open goal in the 1st quarter. He actually ran 25m without bouncing. Yes they don’t call it often but I acknowledged immediately it should have been paid and in the end the Maynard block evened it out.

Umpires need to do better at calling out players who run too far. After kick ins players run 20m plus without bouncing. Ironically the only time I’ve seen it called was Noble on KB last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you’re just not as smart as you think you are?

Or you’re blinded to the fact VicBias is an actual thing.

The Eagles saved your competition and deserve some respect from legacy VFL fans for doing so.

Respect has to be earned, it’s not given just because you demand it.

Why didn’t you save your own WAFL and join them then?

I get it that Non-Vic fans are unhappy about a lot of things in the AFL. What are you doing about it though? Anything?

None of us Vic club fans can change any of it so it’s pointless complaining to us. Have you complained to the AFL or just sat back and moaned?

The only way to make them sit up and take notice is to withdraw your patronage. That is, don’t buy memberships, don’t attend games and don’t watch on tv. The AFL only cares about money and the only way to hurt them is to not give them any.

Another measure of bias, I think, is how often they show they coach of each team on tv. It's not just Vic vs non Vic, but on Saturday they probably showed McRae 4 times for every time they showed Nicks.

Respect has to be earned, it’s not given just because you demand it.

Why didn’t you save your own WAFL and join them then?
I wouldn’t want the Giants to play in the WAFL. The travel would not be fair.

And the whole respect thing? They more than earned it you ignorant POS

The travel burden is very real. There is no solution to it as it is simply geographical. It just unfortunately is a disadvantage to the sides that have to do it.
I agree. I do think WA teams should look to spend a week in a city and knock off two of their travels with only one return flight. I'm surprised they haven't already tried it.

Fewer Victorian clubs would make it more even though.
We've been through this. It really wouldn't make much difference. WA teams would fly the same and the Vic teams that don't sell home games would do one more flight. And most of those flights would be much shorter than the wa teams do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back