Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to answer the question, a former AFL head coach gave you the reasons why it's harder.

You're just continuing to double-down on a stupid argument that only you believe to be true.

Are you Chris Scott IRL?
Do you know how long ago he made those comments, technology has come a long way since then.

He may be right, you may be right, but 11 brownlow medalists just doesn't seem right to me.
Not just 11 brownlows also 7 premierships.

It sounds to me like the problem is not as big as some want to believe.

How is it that in 2024, we still have Victorians arguing that travel isn't an issue. Players that travel regularly have spoken about the negative effects it has, players that moved from a Victorian club to a non-Victorian club have spoken about how much more difficult it is. Not just the time in the air, the cumulative effects. These are the people that know. If you're still arguing travel isn't a major disadvantage, you're a deadset nuffie.

How is it that in 2024, we still have Victorians arguing that travel isn't an issue. Players that travel regularly have spoken about the negative effects it has, players that moved from a Victorian club to a non-Victorian club have spoken about how more difficult it is. Not just the time in the air, the cumulative effects. These are the people that know. If you're still arguing travel isn't a major disadvantage, you're a deadset nuffie.
Why so many premiers, why so many brownlow medalists, there must be drugs involved if travel is so bad.

Mick is amazing, him an Trevor Nisbett both agree that blockbuster fatigue is worse than travel.

MALTHOUSE LAMENTS BLOCKBUSTER BURNOUT
Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse has launched a broadside at Melbourne, asking why the Demons could lift only for yesterday's match, reports The Herald Sun. The Pies eventually shrugged off a stubborn Demons outfit in the MCG blockbuster, winning by 21 points to set up an epic Carlton-Collingwood clash on Sunday. He said he was bemused that Melbourne had been able to play with such intensity yesterday, but rarely in most games this year. Malthouse also questioned his side's commitment to the Queen's Birthday clash, and hinted he would recommend to his administration it should consider the club's involvement in the future. He said the Pies got nothing from the handout to the Demons, with growing fears Collingwood is suffering blockbuster fatigue, where every MCG game it plays is against a frenzied side determined to hunt the Pies.

Playing so many BLOCKBUSTERS at the G is too hard on the poor Pies players. Should be so lucky as getting a game off broadway against Freo or Port, or perhaps North down in Tassie.

This is the AFL equivalent of a mens rights advocate arguing it is actually much harder to be a man in modern society than a woman.

Do you know how long ago he made those comments, technology has come a long way since then.

Yes, he made those comments YESTERDAY. Technology must have come a really long way since 24 hours ago :rolleyes:

He may be right, you may be right, but 11 brownlow medalists just doesn't seem right to me.
Not just 11 brownlows also 7 premierships.

It sounds to me like the problem is not as big as some want to believe.

Imagine taking a one year sample size of individuals and applying it to their entire career and thinking your argument is intelligent. I'm convinced you are a complete troll by now.

How is it that in 2024, we still have Victorians arguing that travel isn't an issue. Players that travel regularly have spoken about the negative effects it has, players that moved from a Victorian club to a non-Victorian club have spoken about how much more difficult it is. Not just the time in the air, the cumulative effects. These are the people that know. If you're still arguing travel isn't a major disadvantage, you're a deadset nuffie.
Maybe the most they've ever travelled is to the caravan park at Bonnie Doon?

Yes, he made those comments YESTERDAY. Technology must have come a really long way since 24 hours ago :rolleyes:

Imagine taking a one year sample size of individuals and applying it to their entire career and thinking your argument is intelligent. I'm convinced you are a complete troll by now.
Ok, don't bother replying to me again.

Trying to have a legit convo with you is just a waste of time.

Reply if you must just don't expect a reply.

I think looking at the AFL you need to balance all the advantages and disadvantages, and try to get to the point it is close to even.

You can argue about how much of an advantage each one is, but I don't think you can argue they are an advantage.

If the AFL was a 200m race, some of the Vic teams would get a 50m head start and then suggest the teams should train harder.

Hopefully the VFL can correct this quickly

200m race

Percentage of your list that is from your state
  • If under 50, move back 5ms
  • 50 to 70 no change
  • +70 move forward 5ms

Home Grand final
- if your home ground is the MCG, move forward 10m
- if you are Victorian, but not don't play most of your games at the MCG move forward 5m

Academy
- Do you have a academy, if so move forward 10m

Large supporter base (This is hard, as it does not apply to Geelong very well)
- Under 30k members, move back 10m
- Under 50k, no change
- Over 70k, move forward 10m

Marquee games
- Move forward 3m per marquee fixtures e.g. good Friday, Anzac day etc

Thursday night, Friday night games (nationally broadcast)
- Under 2 games average of the last 10 years, move back 10m
- Under 4 games average of the last 10 years, move back 5m
- 4-6 games move forward 5 m
- Over 6 games move for 10m

Play 10+ away games per years
- Minus 5m

WA teams extra travel
  • minus 5m
  • 12 business class seats - 1 cm

Traditional state (increased change of bringing in experienced players)
+5m
How does each team fare based on these metrics?

What a stupid take.

Staying would mean you get to implement the normal after game procedures. Can do proper recovery without having a 5hr flight getting in the way.

For the small number of players with kids, get them to come across with them for the week.

It is all upside on the usual fly in fly out appraoch.
And you know this how? Are, like all your other takes you make it up as you go along.
Sto whinging for your teams protected cocoon.

Why so many premiers, why so many brownlow medalists, there must be drugs involved if travel is so bad.
If you're still arguing travel isn't a major disadvantage, you're a deadset nuffie.
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Yes, it's a disadvantage, but counter-balanced by the advantage of having genuine home ground advantage against teams that travel. The stats conclusively show that the balance is right.

If you remove the first you have to remove the second otherwise no-Vic clubs get a huge advantage. You'd have to be a nuffie to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that we don't believe it's an issue, we just don't care 🤷‍♂️

It’s not a lie if you believe it!

You may think this is funny, but it's just a childish reply.

My question was serious, it may not be proof, but it's evidence that the travel burden may not be as great as you think.

Do you have any proof/evidence to say otherwise?

And no not someone saying it's bad, believe me.

7 premierships, 11 brownlows, that's just amazing if travel is a "major" burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back