Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Home and Away has been even. vic teams have dominated flags recently.

But when you drill down it's 13 out of 15 as the covid years didn't have the advantages that everyone craps on about so not worth looking at them.

Then you look at those 13

Two to the Tigers - if you understand the current game then you know that the tigers were well ahead of the comp tactically - with every decent team now focussing on their signatures and trying to have them as their own signatures.

7 between the Cats and the Hawks - who like Brisbane before them were quite just simply the best group of players well drilled.

There's only 4 left - 2 to vic teams and 2 to non-vic teams.

How did the tigers get Lynch and co , Geelong Cameron and co, Melbourne May and Lever.

Was the option there for non Vic clubs?

How many grand finals would have been won, if the non Vic club played at home?

How did the tigers get Lynch and co , Geelong Cameron and co, Melbourne May and Lever.

Was the option there for non Vic clubs?

How many grand finals would have been won, if the non Vic club played at home?
How did Brisbane get Daniher, Neale, Dunkley and Cameron?

How did Adelaide get Rankine and Dawson?

How did Sydney get Buddy?

Adelaide may have beaten Richmond - I doubt it though? Brisbane may have beaten Collingwood? Most of the others were no chance anywhere - maybe the moon with the different gravity.

How did Brisbane get Daniher, Neale, Dunkley and Cameron?

How did Adelaide get Rankine and Dawson?

How did Sydney get Buddy?

Adelaide may have beaten Richmond - I doubt it though? Brisbane may have beaten Collingwood? Most of the others were no chance anywhere - maybe the moon with the different gravity.
Do Freo fans really not realise that the WA clubs have it much better re the go home factor.🤣

Hogan, Lobb, L.Jackson, J.Clark, B.Hill, Hamling, Acres, Wilson, Conca....so many players have wanted to go home and Freo have picked them up.

Problem is that once they get to Freo, they realise they want out of there pretty quickly!!

Do Freo fans really not realise that the WA clubs have it much better re the go home factor.🤣

Hogan, Lobb, L.Jackson, J.Clark, B.Hill, Hamling, Acres, Wilson, Conca....so many players have wanted to go home and Freo have picked them up.

Problem is that once they get to Freo, they realise they want out of there pretty quickly!!
They lost an academy player this year. They're pretty clearly disadvantaged by the leave home factor and need rules brought in to redress it.

I mean Dreamtime at the Geeeee is classiccly farcical. The state that has, per capita, the least amount of indigenous people, produced by far, the least amount of great indigenous footballers, basks and profits from the deliberately duplicitous goodwill zeitgeist. It is comically outrageous.

A wonderful celebration of Aboriginal people at the home of Football.

How many times do articles on AFL com.au call non Vic sides, interstate teams.

They are so Vic centric it is a joke. Maybe they should employ people outside of Victoria. Based outside of Victoria, not born.

Even the AFL are calling us "interstate teams" now.

If you needed definitive proof that this is still the VFL, here it is:

View attachment 1997945

Another example of vicbias is using the term "Interstate Teams" on AFL.com.au. You people should stop ******* around and demand the comp go back to being called VFL.

This is a pet hate of mine. Where I live, there are 16 interstate clubs, 10 of which are from Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point was perhaps the Dreamtime game should be in a state that has more Aboriginal people.
It was a Sheedy push. There were 6 non-vic clubs at the time that could have initiated a game to celebrate Aboriginal culture and Aboriginal footballers. They didn't.

Cool Vic centric premiership last year.

I reckon Freo would have won the flag if we had free hits at the Dacios brothers and Darcy Moore and had them in our best 22.

Interesting seeing Ben Allan's son debut for the Pies against us. Shows how Vic centric the set up is.

I reckon Freo would have won the flag if we had free hits at the Dacios brothers and Darcy Moore and had them in our best 22.

Interesting seeing Ben Allan's son debut for the Pies against us. Shows how Vic centric the set up is.

Is it going to be NSW centric when Mills, Heeney, Gulden and Blakey hoist a couple of cups over the next few years?

Ben Allan is a Hawthorn best n fairest winner in a premiership year, 2 more games for the Hawks and Ed would have been eligible to them as father son.

Prior to going to Hawthorn, Ben was a Claremont player. Claremont linked to West Coast under Father-Son rules, so more games for Claremont and Ed could have been an Eagle.

Freo were third in line, as Ben only spent 3 seasons as a Docker, the least of any.

But yes, it is VicBias for a kid whose fsther spent the most time at Hawthorn to not end up at Fremantle.

Fremantle just need to be a better run club, and develop players better like West Coast do, if they want to win a flag.

Last edited:
r225055_1295x864_3-2.png

What this chart says is that teams with a genuine home ground seem to have the biggest advantage since 2014. While Hawks seem an exception, they do have Launceston as a home ground.

If you review the away game win percentage, the top 12 teams are around 50%, with Sydney perhaps the outlier. This shows the top 12 teams win around 1/2 their away games.

You're talking about Collingwood, that's not Vic bias, other Vic sides do go to Geelong and Tassie.

Now it's been explained over and over and over, why this happens, it's about money, it's because clubs like Port need more than others to stay afloat, so they use Collingwood to make the money to pay Port.

If you want everything to be fair, then let's move the GF, but let's also kick all the clubs out that take more than others, let's make everything fair.
Play every side twice, home and away. Shit that sounds fair to me!!

Ben Allan is a Hawthorn best n fairest winner in a premiership year, 2 more games for the Hawks and Ed would have been eligible to them as father son.

Prior to going to Hawthorn, Ben was a Claremont player. Claremont linked to West Coast under Father-Son rules, so more games for Claremont and Ed could have been an Eagle.

Freo were third in line, as Ben only spent 3 seasons as a Docker, the least of any.

But yes, it is VicBias for a kid whose fsther spent the most time at Hawthorn to not end up at Fremantle.

Fremantle just need to be a better run club, and develop players better like West Coast do, if they want to win a flag.
Just on this- What would your response/the medias response if Coll couldnt get a promising father son who's dad was a former captain, coach and board member of your club?

The crickets on this issue is emblematic of vic bias.

AFL house aside, the media in Vic are a pathetic joke, especially considering they are meant to be 'national'.

Local radio and papers get a free pass, as they cater to Vic audiences but the ones on national broadcasts need to be shown the door.

Tim Watson interviewing Reid the other night spends nearly 5 minutes basically telling him he's homesick and should go play for Geelong. When it's a non-Vic player playing for a Vic side it's all about how :good' it is to play in Vic, etc. no -Vic media should start constantly asking their state players about their 'homesickness' from now on.

Relentless barracking for Vic teams vs non-Vic sides, then people piss and moan when the local broadcaster don't fellate the Vic side if no commentators are from Melbourne.

Endlessly dissect potential umpiring decisions that may have led to a Vic team losing but always gloss over ones for non-Vic sides, unless blatant.

Constantly reference 'noise of affirmation' for non-Vic home games but never mention a thing in the reverse situation.

It's beyond a joke but I'm sure the one thing I'll be able to count on is the usual Collingwood supporters in this thread calling me a 'sook' without any sense of irony whatsoever...

Jeez I thought the jumper clash thread was full of sooks… I take it all back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back