Rumour Vickery to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Vardy was mentioned as one of the players who wanted out.
Gun but very brittle. On another rumours thread Vardy has been linked to the Bulldogs

Not sure how CFC are going to fit in all the rumoured KPF's.

We are getting:
Boyd from the dogs
Vickery from Tiges
Tomlinson and Stewart from GWS.
We have Liam jones contracted for another year.

McKay, Charlie Curnow and SOS were drafted as KPF last year and doubt they will be traded.
Thats a lot of KPF's when added to Casboult, Gorringe, KJ, Walker (contracted for another year), Dre, Foster, etc.

Unfortunately he may be worth it as a short term stopgap until Curnow & McKay are ready. He'd improve our immediate list (better than Casboult & Jones). And I'm not sure what he's asking but Jones is on 350k I think, that's around average salary, if Vickery got average salary for 3 years that'd really cost us nothing to hopefully get a 30+ goal a year forward. Not brilliant of course, and obviously he has a lot of weaknesses & there's plenty of good reasons why Richmond aren't too concerned if he leaves, but having a target up forward taking the best def would help us develop our future game plans etc, and help our the young, actually worthwhile guys.

I'd rather go after someone like Stewart though. But I guess my overall point is if I had to pick out of Casboult, Jones & Vickery - Vickery wins.

I think Carlton would be ludicrously stupid to take Vickery. Back in your young players you have at the club. Curnow, Silvagni, Casboult, and Harry McKay. Back them in to succeed rather than throwing dollars at a bloke that had yet to actually really dominate a season

Casboult actually older by 2 months.

Curnow, McKay & Silvagni are years off from being a finals winning forward line. Full confidence they'll get there, but we need stopgaps in the meantime imo.

Vickery has had better results than Casboult - better results as a back up ruckman, a much better kick for goal, has better goals per game history. Casboult is a much better mark imo, but doesn't when he butchers the ball. That's just my 2c on it, other Carlton fans may feel differently.

It also helps that if Richmond were to let Vickery go we would get him for nothing (RFA), but we could get a pick for Casboult.

I doubt the Tigers will match an offer on Vickery and hope there is some sort of compo for him leaving. I imagine something in the 2nd round would be the aim given we don't have a pick there .

Whether we get it or not is obviously the debate.

Casboult actually older by 2 months.

Curnow, McKay & Silvagni are years off from being a finals winning forward line. Full confidence they'll get there, but we need stopgaps in the meantime imo.

Vickery has had better results than Casboult - better results as a back up ruckman, a much better kick for goal, has better goals per game history. Casboult is a much better mark imo, but doesn't when he butchers the ball. That's just my 2c on it, other Carlton fans may feel differently.

It also helps that if Richmond were to let Vickery go we would get him for nothing (RFA), but we could get a pick for Casboult.

This.

Trade Casboult for a 2nd round pick or hell even a 3rd....then get Vickery in on similar money (would only do it if this can be achieved).

Get a pick and imo a slightly better player..
Gives us a stopgap till McKay, Curnow & SOS come on.

Astute trade.

Unless we get Stewart & Tomlinson and just put our faith in them as they have been in the system a number of years now.

Not sure how CFC are going to fit in all the rumoured KPF's.

We are getting:
Boyd from the dogs
Vickery from Tiges
Tomlinson and Stewart from GWS.
We have Liam jones contracted for another year.

McKay, Charlie Curnow and SOS were drafted as KPF last year and doubt they will be traded.
Thats a lot of KPF's when added to Casboult, Gorringe, KJ, Walker (contracted for another year), Dre, Foster, etc.

When the Hawks were rebuilding we stocked up heavily with KPP players early on.

Most end up falling short of premiership standard.

They hype around FA's is unbelivable.
Just because something is for sale, it dosnt mean you need to buy it. That attitude seems to have engulfed the AFL atm around FA's.

Vickery is a spud and if he was contracted I'd be happy to get a 3rd rounder for him.
Because he is a FA, all the talk seems to be that we will probably get a 2nd rounder for him.

They hype around FA's will hopefully die down in a couple of years.

Just because something is for sale, it dosnt mean you need to buy it. That attitude seems to have engulfed the AFL atm around FA's.

Vickery is a spud and if he was contracted I'd be happy to get a 3rd rounder for him.
Because he is a FA, all the talk seems to be that we will probably get a 2nd rounder for him.

Free Agency will work when its actually FREE Agency. If you can't keep a player, its just bad luck, there should be no compensation picks, free agency is that, a player has served set amount of time and is FREE to choose his destination. If your club is the best overall offer, then that is your reward, nothing more, nothing less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond and other club supporters bagged the s**t out of Shulz as a soft lazy individual (and he was) who showed promis before and during the move to Port. Amazing what a fresh start can do for a lot of under performing individuals.
Jimmy Toumpas is out of favour at port at the moment. He might flourish at the tiges :straining:

What? The whole 'buzz' about free agency is improving your list at no cost. There's no misplaced hype. I don't actually know where you've dreamed this up.

But no cost - no draft pick, no trade. No one is saying Carlton should trade a 2nd rounder for him. But he improves our list because he is better than our 2 other senior KF options (Casboult, Jones) who theoretically we would get rid of if we got Vickery in. Casboult (trade) and Jones (delist) for Vickery and a third would be a reasonable win for us, despite yes, Vickery having his own deficiencies.

Vickery is a brainless baboon, you couldn't pay me enough to take him off your hands.

I pray this rumor is a terribly bad one

Pretty sure he is right where he needs to be, why do you think we gave you hampson?
Hampson has been an above average ruckman this year. Poor form to bag a guy who has finally got his body right and is playing quality AFL footy. Something I will suggest you never will.

Hampson has been an above average ruckman this year. Poor form to bag a guy who has finally got his body right and is playing quality AFL footy. Something I will suggest you never will.
I must have missed the part where I was training to become an AFL player to make a quid, I am sure he will never be able to do what I do for a living either though so I think I can live with that.

It has nothing to do with his body, he just isn't that bright and neither is Vickery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back