Autopsy vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I gotta say that I was unimpressed. I'd rank them ~5th out of the sides we have played this year.
Giving them too much credit Snake! If we had the form and player availability of last season, tonight's result would switch places.

How can a side that is 1st on the ladder be kept goalless for a whole quarter? Against 17th.

Pretenders.

I haven’t felt that pissed during a game since the Brisbane game last year. I don’t care where we are on the ladder, I’ll always get pissed off by s**t umpiring and player mistakes. Yes we get a top 3 pick, but let’s wait and see if we actually draft someone worth a Damn. I just want us to be legit premiership contenders for once in my life.

P.S. * Port Adelaide and their over-celebrations anytime they beat us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really liked LDU's game. First time I've seen him attack the contest with a bit of aggression. Very pleasing.

McKay was fantastic considering how easy the ball was coming in. Beat Dixon.

Perez had a good first game, really impressed how he got smashed a couple of times but got right back up and back into the contest.

LMac, Tarrant and Jed never stopped trying but we look like a team that can't wait for the season to end and get home.

LMac’s bullet he hit in the second qtr moving backwards back through the corridor was the highlight of the night for me.

Just demonstrated how much confidence he has at the level at the minute.

Much better effort overall, despite the fact that I was still reduced to a whining “why, North, why?” mess on the couch yet again. The two first quarter simple dropped marks by Walker and Ziebell meant we were 3 goals behind at quarter time instead of, at the very least, level. We won the second quarter. Ziebell’s inexplicable miss and Jy’s injury kick-started Port’s onslaught. We won the last quarter. Add in the fact that Marley gifted them two goals. EVW, also, somehow, managed to handball to RG when it was easier to handball to Higgins. Overall, we are so rushed and missing Ben10 big time. The lack of confidence coursing through the team is so debilitating. LDU, McKay and LMac were standouts. Polec drilled one exquisite pass for the entire game. He badly needs players to do the grunt work to enable him to shine. That’s just the way it is. Next year...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No one has mentioned here we were absolutely terrible: centre square clearances(CSC).

It got so bad i thought we should have put three of the allowed centre square players on the very back edge of the square so they could run immediately into defence. With only one person contesting we would have won as many as we did anyway.

Goldy's form has hidden a serious problem as he has been very good at following up once he has contested the bounce. His form is tapering off a little bit and let's face it, the other centre square players should get the ball before he has time to be able to contest.

What's our stats on CSC?

Good on Shaw for keeping McKay on Dixon. Great faith in a rising star.

LMac’s bullet he hit in the second qtr moving backwards back through the corridor was the highlight of the night for me.

Just demonstrated how much confidence he has at the level at the minute.

He did it regularly as a kid.

The blanketing of stars has improved his confidence enormously, and now he's playing on his very talented instincts.

He's firming as our next captain.

Massive improvement from last week. Thought we finally had pressure in our forward line & were much better at locking it in than previous weeks.

More LDU highlights a joy to watch. Looking forward to seeing how he works with Ben10. Flynn showed some shinboner grunt, awesome to see.

Many players look exhausted & we were still competitive against the team on top who have their game together.

Bring on Freo.

Because she’s female & likes footy she must be banging someone?!

Grow up!!
Hey Ww. Imagine if your daughter, sister or mum or any other female you are about read this ( yes there may be women on this site!) or even worse had that said about them. It is absolutely unacceptable and yr BS response is how cowardly trolls roll. Care about footy as much as you like but keep that s;((t to yourself. If you were a man.
, youd cop it and apologise to her and to everyone else. Dont see it. Stay hidden in cyberspace . Stay classy.
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walking back from the game last night to the car I realised the last year I got to go to the footy every week was 1993. What a contrast. Still playing at suburban grounds, winning streak & sitting at the top of the ladder.

I think (and hope) that we will look back on this season as the building block for our next successful era. I trust Brady to seize this moment & our youth to fulfil their massive potential.

Shout-out to all you Shinboners in lockdown who have missed the weekly ritual of heading to the footy. May you return next year as loud & proud as ever.

Last edited:
Kath Loughnan must be banging a Port footballer Surely?
Hey Ww. Imagine if your daughter, sister or mum or any other female you are about read this ( yes there may be women on this site!) or even worse had that said about them. It is absolutely unacceptable and yr BS response is how cowardly trolls roll. Care about footy as much as you like but keep that s;((t to yourself. If you were a man.
, youd cop it and apologise to her and to everyone else. Dont see it. Stay hidden in cyberspace . Stay classy.

Also. Abusing people who call this out. Really?

Also. Abusing people who call this out. Really?

There's nothing inherently "cowardly" about being critical, when it's warranted.

It takes more courage than being some populist suck hole.

........and believe me mate, I will state whatever I state here, straight to your face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back